Jump to content

2023 Festival


TheWaters
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Maybe not for 2023 but I wonder if they’d ever try getting Coldplay in.

I’m just watching snippets from their live shows from their current US tour. Say what you want about their music, they certainly put on a show. 

Weirdly I could see Chris Martin wanting to do it as a bucket list kind of thing.

Are they still doing the kinetic dance floor thing? Thought that was really cool personally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Harry_W01 said:

Imagine Dragons, any chance of them? they have been killing it recently imo

drier booking than KoL honestly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure how realistic this is but haven't seen many people mention Tame Impala? 

Their may well be a good reason but KP's definitely big enough to headline MSW at least imo

Edited by Lawsie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Lawsie said:

Not sure how realistic this is but haven't seen many people mention Tame Impala? 

Their may well be a good reason but KP's definitely big enough to headline MSW at least imo

More than big enough for MSE. People say not the right vibe for L+R but I don't agree, could totally see them on there, just put someone very different on MSW the same day, a grime act or something.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

More than big enough for MSE. People say not the right vibe for L+R but I don't agree, could totally see them on there, just put someone very different on MSW the same day, a grime act or something.

Don’t think they’re a big enough draw for MSE, just a little too niche for mainstream appeal

Would be a solid MSW booking though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Benj said:

Don’t think they’re a big enough draw for MSE, just a little too niche for mainstream appeal

Would be a solid MSW booking though

They're way too big for MSW, they're headlining festivals globally on the same level as Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Slipknot etc. Maybe still not the right band for R+L but I reckon it would be a great booking as long as the opposite headliner that day was very different. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

They're way too big for MSW, they're headlining festivals globally on the same level as Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Slipknot etc. Maybe still not the right band for R+L but I reckon it would be a great booking as long as the opposite headliner that day was very different. 

Headlining in Italy doesn't necessarily mean you headline in the UK. Im not saying they cant headline festivals in the UK, just they would be an out there shout to top the bill at Reading, which in the main sticks to mainstream headliners.

Will be interesting to see what kind of crowd they draw at APE, I think thats more their scene than R&L but if they struggle to sell well in central London, no chance they can headline Reading

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Benj said:

Will be interesting to see what kind of crowd they draw at APE, I think thats more their scene than R&L but if they struggle to sell well in central London, no chance they can headline Reading

Hard to say when the Tame Impala day is so imbalanced. Gorillaz / Idles / Turnstile / Pusha T / Yves Tumor / Self Esteem for the same price is absolutely insane value in comparison, I wouldn't be too tempted by Tame's APE day but that'll vary person to person

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Hard to say when the Tame Impala day is so imbalanced. Gorillaz / Idles / Turnstile / Pusha T / Yves Tumor / Self Esteem for the same price is absolutely insane value in comparison, I wouldn't be too tempted by Tame's APE day but that'll vary person to person

Yup does seem like a weird undercard. It’s how I see TI though, a little bit out there and weird. 

I enjoyed them when I last saw them at Reading (tent) but at no point did I think they/ he could headline the whole thing. Will be surprised if they were ever chosen, you’d have imagined it would’ve been this year if ever

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sam Fender's finsbury date sold out yesterday.

I think Tame Imapla are a very solid MSW slot and i think would probably take it considerably they are headlining APE which is like half R&L capacity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Benj said:

Yup does seem like a weird undercard. It’s how I see TI though, a little bit out there and weird. 

I enjoyed them when I last saw them at Reading (tent) but at no point did I think they/ he could headline the whole thing. Will be surprised if they were ever chosen, you’d have imagined it would’ve been this year if ever

Bear in mind Currents wasn't even out at that time, biggest album by a country mile, and they haven't been back since it came out. I just don't think Kevin would even bother taking MSW if that's all he was offered. 

Maybe that's the issue, TI is somewhere in-between MSW and MSE. 

Edited by BenG92
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Will be interesting to see what kind of crowd they draw at APE, I think thats more their scene than R&L but if they struggle to sell well in central London, no chance they can headline Reading

Problem is they are playing Reading/Leeds weekend so all the R+L goers who would see them are at R+L 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Benj said:

Yup does seem like a weird undercard. It’s how I see TI though, a little bit out there and weird. 

I enjoyed them when I last saw them at Reading (tent) but at no point did I think they/ he could headline the whole thing. Will be surprised if they were ever chosen, you’d have imagined it would’ve been this year if ever

APE had them pre-covid so probably had first dibs i guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2021 at 7:08 PM, JamieB1830 said:

muse will be there

they headline every 6 or 7 years, along with rumours they’re making new stuff and the fact they’re getting ready to do a festival tour next year, it’s their turn again i reckon

be nice to have someone new but muse always put a good show on

Standing by this, new album is coming out, makes sense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JamieB1830 said:

Standing by this, new album is coming out, makes sense

Saw them these past two nights and they were insane as always. With this album they're going rockier again and songs like Assassin and Stockholm Syndrome are hopefully back in the main tour setlist

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Saw them these past two nights and they were insane as always. With this album they're going rockier again and songs like Assassin and Stockholm Syndrome are hopefully back in the main tour setlist

didnt really like them till I saw them live. they are epic. so good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Tame Impala could headline all 3 nights and sell it out

This is Reading Festival not Sub 89 mate 😉 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Tame Impala could headline all 3 nights and sell it out

Deffo. A single night at APE a tougher challenge it seems

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2022 at 11:46 AM, Chad888 said:

Aren't you the one who's friends with Yungbluds friends, and know him as an acquaintance?

 

He isnt a star when living in the age that YouTube watches, Spotify iTunes and Sound cloud streams, as well as purchases count towards the chart position - he hasn't had a song break past 37. That's awful for somebody whose whole demographic is the kids that are constantly streaming music on their phones.

Like most rock acts, he's more of an albums artist than a singles one - his last album sold 40k in the first week, which is far more than most R&L headliners do.

He hasn't had any 'hit' singles because his stuff doesn't get supported and put on Spotify playlists. To get a Top 40 these days without an absolutely huge fanbase, you pretty much need it to be added to Spotify's Hot Hits UK playlist. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, jump said:

Actually Spotify listens don’t count towards chart positions unless it’s a paid premium account which I learnt from Kunt & The Gang when he was trying to get Boris Johnson Is Fucking A c**t to Xmas number 1.

Also fuck chart positions.

 

Streams from free Spotify accounts do count towards the chart, but streams from paid accounts count for more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

YUNGBLUD came out of pretty much nowhere and within like 3 years, he was selling out venues like Ally Pally and Victoria Warehouse along with multiple other academy dates. Like him or not, that’s impressive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Like most rock acts, he's more of an albums artist than a singles one - his last album sold 40k in the first week, which is far more than most R&L headliners do.

He hasn't had any 'hit' singles because his stuff doesn't get supported and put on Spotify playlists. To get a Top 40 these days without an absolutely huge fanbase, you pretty much need it to be added to Spotify's Hot Hits UK playlist. 

A number one album breaking records for physical sales and selling out 10k arenas is fuck all clearly.I won’t even say what’s to come. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...