2023 Festival

TheWaters

14 hours ago, gfa said:

A large amount of the current demographic still want the indie acts, certainly more than say metal/heavier rock fans

And has always been so. The whole Reading is heavy thing is an utter myth.

Even when they’ve had heavy days in the past, there’s been strong counter programming. 

I think Muse do Glasto next year, traditionally I think they've done Glasto first on a tour cycle then Reading a year or 2 later (Glasto 2004, 2010, 2016 - Reading 2006, 2011, 2017)

Weak af but here's one:

Kasabian x Doja Cat

Kendrick Lamar x Courteeners

Paramore x MGK

Or another:

Queens of the Stone Age x Doja Cat

Eminem x Paramore

Twenty One Pilots x Kasabian

6 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

I think Muse do Glasto next year, traditionally I think they've done Glasto first on a tour cycle then Reading a year or 2 later (Glasto 2004, 2010, 2016 - Reading 2006, 2011, 2017)

Weak af but here's one:

Kasabian x Doja Cat

Kendrick Lamar x Courteeners

Paramore x MGK

Or another:

Queens of the Stone Age x Doja Cat

Eminem x Paramore

Twenty One Pilots x Kasabian

There’s too many options for glastonbury after missing 2 years and only having 3 headliners. AM being an obvious one. Muse will be elsewhere i think having done it loads already

19 hours ago, gfa said:

There’s too many options for glastonbury after missing 2 years and only having 3 headliners. AM being an obvious one. Muse will be elsewhere i think having done it loads already

Yeah I’m thinking the same, get the feeling Muse might not do festivals next year and they’ll do massive stadium shows with an amazing stage set up like Rammstein. 

9 hours ago, foolee said:

Yeah I’m thinking the same, get the feeling Muse might not do festivals next year and they’ll do massive stadium shows with an amazing stage set up like Rammstein. 

Agreed re no festivals, bar maybe like TRNSMT i think.

If they go for Eminem, they don't need another act thats for "us oldies" - Your RATMs etc. They can go for the more crowd pleasing acts, especially when not many of those older acts are around.

They could pull out something like:

Harry Styles | Kendrick Lamar | Metallica/Green Day/Blink 182

Or they could shit the bed and give us

21 Pilots | Eminem | Kasabian

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

If they go for Eminem, they don't need another act thats for "us oldies" - Your RATMs etc. They can go for the more crowd pleasing acts, especially when not many of those older acts are around.

They could pull out something like:

Harry Styles | Kendrick Lamar | Metallica/Green Day/Blink 182

Or they could shit the bed and give us

21 Pilots | Eminem | Kasabian

No chance those 3 headline in the modern format, imagine who’d they be trying to pedal as MSW ‘headliners’

Mabel/ Courteeners/ Aitch 🤣

Friday - The Weeknd (and Swedish House Mafia?) / Doja Cat

Saturday - The Killers / Sam Fender

Sunday - Eminem / Noel Gallagher’s HFB

Theres a few acts that next to not a lot will predict (probably out of personal preference) that could come out of nowhere to headline though. I think one of Minaj/Cardi B could shock with a MSE slot, as well as people who get a lot of streams/radio exposure (Capaldi, Ezra, Rodrigo, Jax Jones, Lizzo, Dua Lipa).

And I personally think that’s a good direction for Leeds, a lot of people who go to Leeds would love that (seen a lot of people say Rodrigo isn’t that big but she had a monumental crowd at glasto for the second stage up against Noel G)

Think Kasabian will be there too, just not in a headliner slot. All depends on how well their new album does (especially with Tom leaving)

that being said, it’s my first Leeds fest this year, so wtf do I know 

2 hours ago, R-K1D said:

Theres a few acts that next to not a lot will predict (probably out of personal preference) that could come out of nowhere to headline though. I think one of Minaj/Cardi B could shock with a MSE slot, as well as people who get a lot of streams/radio exposure (Capaldi, Ezra, Rodrigo, Jax Jones, Lizzo, Dua Lipa).

And I personally think that’s a good direction for Leeds, a lot of people who go to Leeds would love that (seen a lot of people say Rodrigo isn’t that big but she had a monumental crowd at glasto for the second stage up against Noel G)

Think Kasabian will be there too, just not in a headliner slot. All depends on how well their new album does (especially with Tom leaving)

The Weeknd just performed straight after Swedish House Mafia at Coachella, they didn't actually do anything special

Noel isn't playing at Reading imo, Kasabian would work well in that slot instead though. I think the lineup you posted might be on the steeper side ££ wise - 3 quite expensive MSW acts there come 2023 i think.

5 hours ago, R-K1D said:

NGHFB is in no way MSW headline material. Maybe 3rd 4th on teh day at most but not an R&L act in my eyes

3 hours ago, Benj said:

NGHFB is in no way MSW headline material. Maybe 3rd 4th on teh day at most but not an R&L act in my eyes

I get that, and based on how good the HFB actually are I don’t really think he is either, but the guy was the mind behind one of the (if not the) biggest bands ever, his name alone would shift tickets. Same as LG

10 hours ago, R-K1D said:

I get that, and based on how good the HFB actually are I don’t really think he is either, but the guy was the mind behind one of the (if not the) biggest bands ever, his name alone would shift tickets. Same as LG

Noel's solo stuff doesn't suit the festival, its as simple as that. They have far better options to book.

pre mid like 2000s acts only get booked to headline really ala RATM, RHCP, Eminem, Muse, LG

Do we think a February tour could actually rule him out? If it sells out then it doesn’t matter but I remember Royal Blood had their arena tour early this year and they didn’t play. Feel like it would make more sense doing an arena tour this year and then headlining next year a bit like what I think MGK will do. 

16 minutes ago, foolee said:

Do we think a February tour could actually rule him out? If it sells out then it doesn’t matter but I remember Royal Blood had their arena tour early this year and they didn’t play. Feel like it would make more sense doing an arena tour this year and then headlining next year a bit like what I think MGK will do. 

At least playing in February virtually rules him out of Slam Dunk.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

At least playing in February virtually rules him out of Slam Dunk.

It’s really hard to say where he’ll play because he did Glastonbury last year and probably only suits SD at a push and R&L. Has any other act headlined R&L MSW and done a tour in the same year Jan-Mar time?