2023 Festival

TheWaters

MSE is a stretch, but Foals feel like a good booking for MSW. They did a small circuit on small festivals, but pulled a big crowd on the Other Stage at Glasto. They seem to have quite a big, loyal fanbase and are probably a similar size to the likes of Disclosure/Halsey/QOTSA etc who've been booked in past

15 hours ago, jump said:

I'm surprised people aren't predicting Bicep, they are blowing up at the moment and seem to be smashing every festival they are playing this year. They seem like a good fit as the smaller main stage headliner.

Yes please if they are half as good as they were at Glastonbury 

18 hours ago, jump said:

I'm surprised people aren't predicting Bicep, they are blowing up at the moment and seem to be smashing every festival they are playing this year. They seem like a good fit as the smaller main stage headliner.

Absolute party at Rock Werchter, saved a mostly dull Saturday for us after FNM dropped out. But it's a weird one, they feel like a MSW act, too big for dance and arguably not quite there on MSE, but they need to play in the dark. Dunno how they'd make it work. 

23 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Absolute party at Rock Werchter, saved a mostly dull Saturday for us after FNM dropped out. But it's a weird one, they feel like a MSW act, too big for dance and arguably not quite there on MSE, but they need to play in the dark. Dunno how they'd make it work. 

Disclosure managed it 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Disclosure managed it 

Oh fair one actually, didn't realise it got that dark by 8pm at Leeds. Think I'm in a Download mindset right now.

Carry on then and get Bicep booked. 

Edited by BenG92

Discord is a very good option much more if a nice chat kinda over there. It’s only glasto centric cuz the whole banning spree happened in the glasto threads so a lot who saw it moved over. If more from here moved over into the R&L thread on there it’d be just as active 

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2022 at 8:37 AM, BenG92 said:

Billy Eilish / Foals

Muse / Doja Cat

The 1975 / Sam Fender

I can't see it being Muse, if only as Matt Bellamy is talking in terms of having plans for a full custom tour set-up that makes me think UK dates next year are likely to be stadium.

A combo of Foals, 1975 and Sam Fender at various points are very good shouts tbf. Though one half expects a wild contrast to be put against each one given the idea of RATM+Halsey this year.

8 minutes ago, jj200 said:

main stage east 

friday: dua lipa

Saturday: travis scott

sunday: the killers

main stage west

friday: vampire weekend

Saturday: paramore

sunday: queens of the Stone Age 

Probably what they should be booking as headliners but I reckon we’ll be lucky if we get 3 of those.

On 6/29/2022 at 3:45 PM, Chad888 said:

I was having a think, if R&L said to me "make a 2023 festival with every nostalgia act that you would love to see and reminisce over" ... I'd say this is very close. These acts are the epitome of my growing up, the 90's to now.

dream RL.jpg

don't think snow patrol are a reading band these days 

system of a down are headline or nothing

10 hours ago, jj200 said:

don't think snow patrol are a reading band these days 

system of a down are headline or nothing

SOAD couldnt/ didnt  headline in their pomp and took the piss last time they played. There is zero chance they'd headline modern Reading