msw 

sam fender 

blink 182

courteeners

mse 

tame impala 

travis Scott 

muse 

Still can’t see Tame Impala headlining Reading, they’re just too Niche. 

MSE is deffo a stretch too. Struggling to sell their day at APE and again just not a big name draw. Swap them with Fender maybe  

Lattitude seems a much better fit

30 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Honestly reckon there’ll be a significant lack of guitar acts

Tyler the Creator/Sam Fender

Paramore/Doja Cat

Kendrick Lamar/Capaldi

Yikes, that’s probably the worst set of headliners for me bar Fender. Paramore and Doja I could get behind and would happily watch, but the others, nah. 

7 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Not sure on Foals, surely 3 albums since they’re last performance they’d have come back by now especially as Brit winners

Kasabian are much more likely imo

I’d say Foals are in with a shout but I’d agree that Kasabian and Sam Fender are more likely. 

I'm expecting one rap headliner between Travis Scott/Kendrick Lamar/Eminem/Post Malone and a rockier act alongside on MSE from one of MCR/Muse/Blink-182 (With Tom). I’m expecting a female pop/rap headliner from Dua Lipa/Doja Cat/Cardi B. Two indie headliners from The 1975/The Killers/Sam Fender/Kasabian/Foals as having AM this year they’ll need a couple of big indie acts to convince the dark fruits crowd. And then I can also see MGK coming back to headline MSW after pulling out  last year after the success of his two most recent albums. Paramore are also in with a shot due to reforming, not sure where they’d put them stage wise though as I think it’ll depend on how strong the other headliners are. 

On 8/1/2022 at 8:25 PM, Benj said:

Still can’t see Tame Impala headlining Reading, they’re just too Niche. 

MSE is deffo a stretch too. Struggling to sell their day at APE and again just not a big name draw. Swap them with Fender maybe  

Lattitude seems a much better fit

I wouldn't read too much into how APE sells, we just know it hasn't sold out and it's a weird festival. We can use the same logic on Rage for not selling out their Edinburgh show and say they aren't a big name draw even though they are headlining.

1 hour ago, jump said:

I wouldn't read too much into how APE sells, we just know it hasn't sold out and it's a weird festival. We can use the same logic on Rage for not selling out their Edinburgh show and say they aren't a big name draw even though they are headlining.

It’s also on a Thursday.

The fact is they’ve not shifted the tickets, while Fender, who no one is suggesting would MSE above, sold out similar capacity well in advance.

Tane Impala are not a flagship festival selling band, they lack the mainstream appeal of Fender etc…

Prob a decent MSW booking, nothing beyond that at Reading though

16 minutes ago, Benj said:

It’s also on a Thursday.

The fact is they’ve not shifted the tickets, while Fender, who no one is suggesting would MSE above, sold out similar capacity well in advance.

Tane Impala are not a flagship festival selling band, they lack the mainstream appeal of Fender etc…

Prob a decent MSW booking, nothing beyond that at Reading though

To be honest I don't give a shit about Impala or Fender as neither would make me buy a tix on their own although I'd prefer Impala headlining rather than Fender.  Impala are pretty decent live whilst Fender was so dull when I saw him last month, I'm told the setlist was the problem that night but he just looked average to me even with a saxophone. 

I'm just bored of these it's not sold out therefore they are failure analysis arguments, it's like baby analytics which ignores all other variables and simplifying it to a binary of sold out or not sold so even if it's single tix away from being sold out it's treated like it's a trainwreck of an event. It's like people are trying to be insiders based of their knowledge of tickermaster saying it's sold out or not facts is the same thing as a percentage sold through or something.

Just now, jump said:

To be honest I don't give a shit about Impala or Fender as neither would make me buy a tix on their own although I'd prefer Impala headlining rather than Fender.  Impala are pretty decent live whilst Fender was so dull when I saw him last month, I'm told the setlist was the problem that night but he just looked average to me even with a saxophone. 

I'm just bored of these it's not sold out therefore they are failure analysis arguments, it's like baby analytics which ignores all other variables and simplifying it to a binary of sold out or not sold so even if it's single tix away from being sold out it's treated like it's a trainwreck of an event. It's like people are trying to be insiders based of their knowledge of tickermaster saying it's sold out or not facts is the same thing as a percentage sold through or something.

Just like no one gives a shit about your subjective opinion on what kind of music  you find dull or not

You’re right though It’s a very simple indicator of popularity, alongside streams etc.

if Tame Impala can’t sell out a 45-50k show, Reading are hardly going to go, oh yeah let’s have them top the bill of our fest. And again if they sell 44/45k it’s very different than if they only sell 20k (which we don’t or at least won’t know until we hear from people who went, don’t think anyone off here is bothering though)

I don’t mind Tame Impala at all, it’s abundantly clear they’re too niche to be a top of the bill ticket shifter for a very mainstream festival though

They’re perfect MSW fodder. Popular, credible and have the show to do it, they’ll be a whole world of “Tame who? Announce Carti” Shouts on Instagram etc though if they were announced

16 minutes ago, Benj said:

Just like no one gives a shit about your subjective opinion on what kind of music  you find dull or not

You’re right though It’s a very simple indicator of popularity, alongside streams etc.

if Tame Impala can’t sell out a 45-50k show, Reading are hardly going to go, oh yeah let’s have them top the bill of our fest. And again if they sell 44/45k it’s very different than if they only sell 20k (which we don’t or at least won’t know until we hear from people who went, don’t think anyone off here is bothering though)

I don’t mind Tame Impala at all, it’s abundantly clear they’re too niche to be a top of the bill ticket shifter for a very mainstream festival though

They’re perfect MSW fodder. Popular, credible and have the show to do it, they’ll be a whole world of “Tame who? Announce Carti” Shouts on Instagram etc though if they were announced

But again, lets apply that to Rage who haven't sold out their Edinburgh show, the same logic should apply they aren't big enough then but they are as it's not that simple.

Streams are another simpleton's attempt of festival analysis, just look at the constant Yungblud argument on here. lol

Edited by jump

16 minutes ago, jump said:

But again, lets apply that to Rage who haven't sold out their Edinburgh show, the same logic should apply they aren't big enough then but they are as it's not that simple.

Streams are another simpleton's attempt of festival analysis, just look at the constant Yungblud argument on here. lol

Its a good question re- Rage, given the reception and the fact their day was the last to sell out says a fair bit too about their appeal to the current day audience. Im not sure RATM would've have been booked for Reading 2022, if they weren't delayed from 2020 and the hype around their comeback, when it also had a little more oomph with the whole Trump thing.

I imagine theyre very surprised they've not sold out their Edinburgh date

Re Tame though the fact is theyre a niche band who are not proving they can shift tickets to the mainstream... TBF its the same for all the APE lineup, theyre all pretty niche bands, who don't appeal to the mainstream, who have not shifted tickets quickly in a crowded market

Edited by Benj