2023 Festival

TheWaters

27 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Blink are teasing an announcement tomorrow and Tom DeLonge had followed their account and posted a photo. Are they big enough for MSW still? 

They're teasing an announcement for Funko Pops. Would be the lamest possible way to announce a reunion, can't see it personally

12 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

They're teasing an announcement for Funko Pops. Would be the lamest possible way to announce a reunion, can't see it personally

I dunno. Tom's broke from spending all of his money looking for aliens, Mark has had to pay for his doctors in the US health system (ouch!) and Travis is married to a Karadashin who are known putting their name on any old shit so I wouldn't be shocked if they got back together just so they can get Funko Pop money and ditched Skiba as his figure wouldn't sell with stuff like tours and albums can be figured out after the toys. 

49 minutes ago, jump said:

I dunno. Tom's broke from spending all of his money looking for aliens, Mark has had to pay for his doctors in the US health system (ouch!) and Travis is married to a Karadashin who are known putting their name on any old shit so I wouldn't be shocked if they got back together just so they can get Funko Pop money and ditched Skiba as his figure wouldn't sell with stuff like tours and albums can be figured out after the toys. 

Pretty sure Mark would’ve had top notch health insurance

American health is only shit for the poor

On 7/24/2022 at 2:20 PM, FeverDream said:

Coldplay is an odd one. I can’t believe they never headlined back in the day. Would have been very R&L to have them headline off the back of Parachutes or even the second album a bit like what happened with Arctic Monkeys.

I get the feeling that the demographic changes among people that go to things like R&L has changed back again and might be less hostile to a Coldplay headline set than they would've been ten years ago.

2 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Blink are teasing an announcement tomorrow and Tom DeLonge had followed their account and posted a photo. Are they big enough for MSW still? 

I mean, they sold out a UK arena tour in their last visit sans DeLonge. So I think they'd probably still draw a big crowd.

On 7/25/2022 at 11:27 PM, VCK said:

So Pulp are reforming. I know people on here will claim the current demographic won't "get them", but their set in 2011 was phenomenal by all accounts, and surely even the young 'uns would know Common People. Decent shout for MSW headliner if R&L bother with going for them..

One of my big regrets is not doing the full weekend in 2011 (I only went on Muse day) as, among many other impressive looking sets I've seen clips of, Pulp's performance that night looked amazing. But then 18-year-old me didn't have the money.

I can't see R&L going for them though. I would've thought their own shows or maybe something like All Points East is likelier.

11 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I get the feeling that the demographic changes among people that go to things like R&L has changed back again and might be less hostile to a Coldplay headline set than they would've been ten years ago.

I don’t think they would’ve been that badly received even back in the day.

The more open minded approach by most these days would certainly see them well received I think

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Pretty sure Mark would’ve had top notch health insurance

American health is only shit for the poor

The premium would have exploded once he got cancer, especially as a freelancer and you still have out of pockets expenses even if you do have a good plan.

It’s mental how it works there, I’ve come across it for work and it just makes wonder what the fuck American exceptionalism actually is.

27 minutes ago, jump said:

The premium would have exploded once he got cancer, especially as a freelancer and you still have out of pockets expenses even if you do have a good plan.

It’s mental how it works there, I’ve come across it for work and it just makes wonder what the fuck American exceptionalism actually is.

What do you for work? I also have knowledge of the US healthcare system from work

1 hour ago, jump said:

I live there (here) and work in the health industry if on marketing side.

There are loads of top line plans plans I assume all the wealthy have.

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/healthcare/high-end-high-cost-concierge-medicine-for-america-s-wealthiest-widens-healthcare-divide

They can’t change your premium based on existing conditions by law also. 

Edited by Benj

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

I mean, they sold out a UK arena tour in their last visit sans DeLonge. So I think they'd probably still draw a big crowd.

i know it got canned for reasons outside of their control, but manchester arena didnt even sell out of standing before it was pulled.

On 7/31/2022 at 12:19 PM, Benj said:

I don’t think they would’ve been that badly received even back in the day.

The more open minded approach by most these days would certainly see them well received I think

Well as they were already a stadium-headlining band by 2005, there likely would've been day trippers following in to the venue to watch them. So probably, but yeah, I agree they would go down better there now.

Much as I get the vibe of Coldplay being a "headline our own stadium gigs or nothing" act, with the possible exemption of Glastonbury.

On 7/31/2022 at 3:34 PM, Muppetmark said:

i know it got canned for reasons outside of their control, but manchester arena didnt even sell out of standing before it was pulled.

Oh really? I wasn't aware of that level. I just remember both London O2 dates being sell-outs and it being tricky to exchange tickets when I had to swap them around.