2023 Festival

TheWaters

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

My official prediction, based on who is making movements and doing very well in charts and recent performance - 

Friday//

MSE >> Foals | Rex Orange County | You Me at Six

MSW >> Sam Fender | Yungblud | Idles

Saturday//

MSE >> Kendrick Lamar | Aitch | Olivia Rodrigo

MSW >> Doja Cat | Charlie XCX | Slowthai

Sunday//

MSE >> Muse | Jamie T | Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes

MSW >> Paramore | Machine Gun Kelly | Wet Leg

I like it - but there's no way O Rod plays that far down 

10 hours ago, VCK said:

So Pulp are reforming. I know people on here will claim the current demographic won't "get them", but their set in 2011 was phenomenal by all accounts, and surely even the young 'uns would know Common People. Decent shout for MSW headliner if R&L bother with going for them..

Too many other choices for Pulp that would suit them far far better. Probably will be about more early summer too for Hillsborough park, Primavera?, glasto, bst etc. APE possible though in fairness but then that would potentially rule them out of R&L

On 7/8/2022 at 8:42 PM, Chad888 said:

1975 | Kendrick Lamar | My Chemical Romance

Sam Fender | Doja Cat | Kasabian

subbing - Jamie T, Slowthai, Machine Gun Kelly, Lil Nas X, Rex Orange County, Don Broco

2023 RL.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lawsie said:

I like it - but there's no way O Rod plays that far down 

This was said last time Chad made a poster. He's moved her up 1 slot at least but still silly 😂

IDLES aren't 6th down either. aitch isn't a MSE sub. Days need mixing more, saturday has no indie/rock at all

12 hours ago, VCK said:

So Pulp are reforming. I know people on here will claim the current demographic won't "get them", but their set in 2011 was phenomenal by all accounts, and surely even the young 'uns would know Common People. Decent shout for MSW headliner if R&L bother with going for them..

Nailed on for Headline slots at Truck,  Victorious etc… can’t see Reading fighting for them over those places

RHCP releasing a second new album this year in October. Surely due a R+L return, especially with Frusciante and all this new material?

Might be asking a lot but is it possible to just say yes/no without devolving into the age old "RHCP are shit live" debate? 😅

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Nailed on for Headline slots at Truck,  Victorious etc… can’t see Reading fighting for them over those places

Is a Pulp reunion that small? Will agree, Reading and Leeds don't seem the natural place to return, but that feels like a very large booking for somewhere like Truck.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Too many other choices for Pulp that would suit them far far better. Probably will be about more early summer too for Hillsborough park, Primavera?, glasto, bst etc. APE possible though in fairness but then that would potentially rule them out of R&L

This was said last time Chad made a poster. He's moved her up 1 slot at least but still silly 😂

IDLES aren't 6th down either. aitch isn't a MSE sub. Days need mixing more, saturday has no indie/rock at all

They're almost nailed on to do a big homecoming show in Sheffield I think. Tramlines could be a good shout, or they might just do their own open air gig.

1 hour ago, Benj said:

I think they'll do at least one of the major UK fests. Glastonbury would be an obvious choice, maybe TRNSMT too. Like I say R&L might not be as possible given how much the festival has changed down the years, but they weren't the most "fashionable" act when they were booked for 2011 and still went down a storm. I'm living in hope the organisers will at least go for them!

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Bruh, we have Polo G with his 1 song subbing MSE this year. We have D-Block Europe (WHO?!) subbing MSW! I think you are overestimating FR's booking capability. Aitch is the biggest crowd pleasing rapper in the UK that isn't headline level. Olivia Rodrigo in reality, is Sigrid size, heck Billie Eilish was 4th down main stage last time she turned up. 

Idles are smaller than A Day to Remember, they're '6th down'.

3 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Bruh, we have Polo G with his 1 song subbing MSE this year. We have D-Block Europe (WHO?!) subbing MSW! I think you are overestimating FR's booking capability. Aitch is the biggest crowd pleasing rapper in the UK that isn't headline level. Olivia Rodrigo in reality, is Sigrid size, heck Billie Eilish was 4th down main stage last time she turned up. 

Surely the point is if Polo G can sub on one song O-Rod can do it on her two.  (If we are actually believing they only have limited material)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Benj said:

I reckon a bit bigger than truck. IOW / Latitude / TRNSMT size events.

21 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

• D Block Europe who sold out the o2 give over...
  • Aitch logic works for Becky Hill but she's not subbing
  • Billie Eillish was booked before she blew up.
  • Sigrid doesn't have mutliple billion stream songs, sigrid played 3rd down on the park i think at glasto vs rodrigo on the other stage to a massive crowd. You may not think shes that big (wrong) but sigrid size is a complete joke. Up there with the dumbest things i've seen on this site that one
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Benj said:

Pulp playing Truck Fest is not going to happen and I'd be surprised with Victorious. They are icons! They are no less relevant than The Strokes at this point and a whole lot better live.

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Pulp playing Truck Fest is not going to happen and I'd be surprised with Victorious. They are icons! They are no less relevant than The Strokes at this point and a whole lot better live.

Who are saying The Strokes are relevant though?

Idk I reckon Pulp at Truck would be good

Surely Rodrigo has entered Capaldiesque special guest slot at this point too, also Capaldi is being ignored if the bloke released more music he’s surely nailed on.

Friday: 

MSE: the 1975/O Rod (SG)

MSW: Doja Cat/ROC

Saturday:

MSE: Kendrick Lamar/Aitch

MSW: Capaldi/Jamie T

Sunday:

MSE: Muse/IDLES

MSW: Kasabian/Slowthai

if no new Capaldi music, swap him for Paramore, and then Paramore for Kasabian

Edited by Gerard the Fab

2 hours ago, VCK said:

Good shout, but I'll be disappointed if those are their only UK dates. They need to play up North somewhere.

They 100% will, good shout then add in Tramlines or a park somewhere i think

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Idk I reckon Pulp at Truck would be good

Surely Rodrigo has entered Capaldiesque special guest slot at this point too, also Capaldi is being ignored if the bloke released more music he’s surely nailed on.

Friday: 

MSE: the 1975/O Rod (SG)

MSW: Doja Cat/ROC

Saturday:

MSE: Kendrick Lamar/Aitch

MSW: Capaldi/Jamie T

Sunday:

MSE: Muse/IDLES

MSW: Kasabian/Slowthai

if no new Capaldi music, swap him for Paramore, and then Paramore for Kasabian

I reckon they'd be after Travis / The Weeknd for the first time rather than Kendrick back as its not been too long. Kendrick for BST maybe as he was meant to do in '21

Who's ROC also?

17 minutes ago, gfa said:

They 100% will, good shout then add in Tramlines or a park somewhere i think

I reckon they'd be after Travis / The Weeknd for the first time rather than Kendrick back as its not been too long. Kendrick for BST maybe as he was meant to do in '21

Who's ROC also?

Rex Orange County

but Yh realistically any of those 3, could probably Chuck Eminem in that category too