2023 Festival

TheWaters

We watched the 21 Pilots show from Werchter online when we got home (since I was never gonna miss Bicep) and as not-a-very-big-fan I was really impressed. Crowd were like putty in their palm. Rig climbing, standing on fans, DRUMMING on fans, little campfire sing-song, you didn't even have to know the tunes to have a good time it seemed.

Won't be sounding off on The 1975 here, but it's a grower for me.

Anyway, The Killers in 2023 would be excellent. Do think with double headliners per day though, it is only a matter of time before Courteeners get the push - particularly because their northern crowd would be sizable enough to justify.

New 1975 tune is better than anything on their last album bar if you’re too shy for me  probs. basically a i,i era bon iver knock off but i can really appreciate it. from what i’ve seen most non 1975 fans seem to quite like it and most 1975 fans seem to dislike it. no complaints from me

Edited by TheWaters

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Anyway, The Killers in 2023 would be excellent. Do think with double headliners per day though, it is only a matter of time before Courteeners get the push - particularly because their northern crowd would be sizable enough to justify.

Defo for courteeners, maybe for 2023. They are doing a Edinburgh stadium someone said on the glasto boards so that then R&L would work well. I'm sure they'd be fine being MSW for both sites - hard to think of someone good to swap with them and do MSE reading and MSW leeds to be honest. theres only really acts a lot bigger up north than bigger down south

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Do you think we’ll hear a new album this year?

Brandon: “You will hear singles this year. The full record will probably be early next year, but there will definitely be more releases this year.”

things could well work out with the Killers next touring schedule too if an album drops early next year…

I love Courteeners and have seen them on their last two visits to Bristol as well as Heaton park and the cricket ground but they still tour fairly small venues and haven’t broke the arenas - not sure they are headliner but would love them to get a crack

I think Courteeners could headline MSW max and they probably won’t accept anything less these days. Totally get they play arenas up north and academies down south most but they’re one of those bands who people will turn up to see at festivals. Proved a few times now they can play to a headline size crowd, whether it be Heaton Park/Old Trafford or Truck, Y Not, Tramlines etc

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

1975 | Kendrick Lamar | My Chemical Romance

Sam Fender | Doja Cat | Kasabian

subbing - Jamie T, Slowthai, Machine Gun Kelly, Lil Nas X, Rex Orange County, Don Broco

2023 RL.jpg

There's just no way Olivia Rodrigo is 6th down in the same slot as Wet leg. She's a MSW sub now - if not then a MSE sub.