2023 Festival

TheWaters

Yeah, was convinced on O Rod being a sub, but I think judging from the crowd she got at Glasto, and how bloody good her set was, plus she most likely will have have more music out by next summer and probably a very high slot at Coachella next year, she'd make sense and draw a huge crowd. Wet Leg have seem to have a great team behind them, so think 3rd down for them would make sense as well personally, especially with them seemingly going from strength to strength - and them also supporting Harry on tour early next year. Bicep I really hope happen, they deserve it, plus think most people who haven't already seen them will be pleasantly surprised, especially with their incredible laser/light show. The Kooks I am not 100% on, but could easily be someone like Sea Girls or another dark fruits band

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stanh said:

Yeah, was convinced on O Rod being a sub, but I think judging from the crowd she got at Glasto, and how bloody good her set was, plus she most likely will have have more music out by next summer and probably a very high slot at Coachella next year, she'd make sense and draw a huge crowd. Wet Leg have seem to have a great team behind them, so think 3rd down for them would make sense as well personally, especially with them seemingly going from strength to strength - and them also supporting Harry on tour early next year. Bicep I really hope happen, they deserve it, plus think most people who haven't already seen them will be pleasantly surprised, especially with their incredible laser/light show. The Kooks I am not 100% on, but could easily be someone like Sea Girls or another dark fruits band

Kook's stock has really been dropping a lot, although i think sea girls are still a decent way smaller than them. Bicep i hope happen too - although i saw them for the second time now and as much as it was good i don't think i will be going out of my way to see them again for now. They need new material really, they just keep on touring and they are at a real risk of burning crowds out

1 hour ago, gfa said:

steady on with wet leg for now i think! same slot as the kooks, surely not. Very solid otherwise - not sure on Rodrigo based on her glasto slot for instance, considering we are calling Megan who headlined other a shit booking for the same slot. Maybe swap her with Future.

Unless there’s new material on the way Olivia Rodrigo surely couldn’t headline quite yet, even though her Glasto crowd size and appeal at R&L would say otherwise, she’d be ace

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Kook's stock has really been dropping a lot, although i think sea girls are still a decent way smaller than them. Bicep i hope happen too - although i saw them for the second time now and as much as it was good i don't think i will be going out of my way to see them again for now. They need new material really, they just keep on touring and they are at a real risk of burning crowds out

Still makes me laugh how in their 2018 set at Leeds Luke held his guitar up and said “it’s good to be one of the few acts on the main stage with one of these” 💀 And yes, I know it’s The Kooks, but still

21 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

FLOBOTS. You’re mental. 

It’s like Rage Against The Machine but with a violin! Of all the nutty shit that comes from Chad its one of few the ideas I like. Third is insane though, they’d be lucky to be on BBC introducing stage even if they could afford the plane ride over here.

Olivia Rodrigo packed them in, from what I heard. Not sure on the size of Megan Thee Stallion's crowd, but would argue she'd pull a bigger audience at Reading and Leeds regardless.

If Sam Fender is not nailed on here to finish off touring commitments behind Seventeen Going Under, I'll eat my (chocolate) hat. Takes the lion's share of 2024 off to cut and release the new record, then gears up through 2025 and 2026 with a Glastonbury headline slot on the way. (At least, that tallies with my Glastonbury headliner predictions!)

If Reading and Leeds can swing for them, then The Killers - who by all accounts are not hugely pricey - would be an excellent MSE headline booking. Give them eighty-five minutes and get something like this:

When You Were Young
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
Spaceman
Smile Like You Mean It
Shot at the Night
Run for Cover
Quiet Town
Somebody Told Me
For Reasons Unknown
Runaways
Read My Mind
This Is Your Life
Caution
All These Things That I've Done

The Man
Human
Mr. Brightside

There's a championship-winning singalong every three or four songs there, if you get the structure right. (It is also quite a tickler that they'd effectively be bill-matched with Sam Fender merely a year and a bit on from being supported by the latter.)

2 hours ago, gfa said:

The Kooks stock has been dropping since 2005 hasn’t it?

No idea why people think they’d get a decent spot at R and L these days, the youngsters will never have heard of them and the older people still going will know they’re shite

1 hour ago, jump said:

It’s like Rage Against The Machine but with a violin! Of all the nutty shit that comes from Chad its one of few the ideas I like. Third is insane though, they’d be lucky to be on BBC introducing stage even if they could afford the plane ride over here.

There is never a need for a bag pipes or a violin

29 minutes ago, Benj said:

No idea why people think they’d get a decent spot at R and L these days, the youngsters will never have heard of them and the older people still going will know they’re shite

They headlined community just a few years back and were hovering around wombats/two door size - now they seem to be a lot smaller than both. Subbing even Truck for instance. Youngsters definitely know them, given they fall into the same band as the two acts mentioned.

Edited by gfa

25 minutes ago, gfa said:

They headlined community just a few years back and were hovering around wombats/two door size - now they seem to be a lot smaller than both. Subbing even Truck for instance. Youngsters definitely know them, given they fall into the same band as the two acts mentioned.

120,000,000 Spotify plaYs off an LP as late as 2014. Fair play. 

Never stopped making music to date either. Assumed they disappeared for 10 years or so

9 hours ago, Benj said:

They were awful in 2018. 

13 hours ago, gfa said:

steady on with wet leg for now i think! same slot as the kooks, surely not. Very solid otherwise - not sure on Rodrigo based on her glasto slot for instance, considering we are calling Megan who headlined other a shit booking for the same slot. Maybe swap her with Future.

Mental how someone has one good set and suddenly they start headlining something. Not going to happen.

11 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Olivia Rodrigo packed them in, from what I heard. Not sure on the size of Megan Thee Stallion's crowd, but would argue she'd pull a bigger audience at Reading and Leeds regardless.

If Sam Fender is not nailed on here to finish off touring commitments behind Seventeen Going Under, I'll eat my (chocolate) hat. Takes the lion's share of 2024 off to cut and release the new record, then gears up through 2025 and 2026 with a Glastonbury headline slot on the way. (At least, that tallies with my Glastonbury headliner predictions!)

If Reading and Leeds can swing for them, then The Killers - who by all accounts are not hugely pricey - would be an excellent MSE headline booking. Give them eighty-five minutes and get something like this:

When You Were Young
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
Spaceman
Smile Like You Mean It
Shot at the Night
Run for Cover
Quiet Town
Somebody Told Me
For Reasons Unknown
Runaways
Read My Mind
This Is Your Life
Caution
All These Things That I've Done

The Man
Human
Mr. Brightside

There's a championship-winning singalong every three or four songs there, if you get the structure right. (It is also quite a tickler that they'd effectively be bill-matched with Sam Fender merely a year and a bit on from being supported by the latter.)

I saw The Killers a few weeks ago, it was a free ticket from a mate I've not seen before covid otherwise I wouldn't have bothered, is it me does Brandon Flowers remind you of Andrew Garfiled as that televangelist in The Eyes of Tammy Faye?

Edited by jump

12 hours ago, jump said:

So they aren't one of my favourite bands of my teen years?

Oh okay then

54 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Mental how someone has one good set and suddenly they start headlining something. Not going to happen.

Wet Leg are the same industry plants as Yungblud. He was playing 3rd down when he had 3 songs I think? Hope for the underrated youth, cotton candy, I think I'm okay...

Its manufactured consent. They have family friendly genre plants and force them in to out vision, and give them artificially inflated places on line ups so that the paying public think they're bigger than they are, so next time they're put headlining we shrug our shoulders, hand over our cash and say "it was coming they played 3rd last time"

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

KoRn say otherwise. 

Best thing at Reading when Korn played was when the bag piper came out, they probably normally get a big cheer in America and stuff but at Reading there was rightly, a slight groan🤣

3 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Wet Leg are the same industry plants as Yungblud. He was playing 3rd down when he had 3 songs I think? Hope for the underrated youth, cotton candy, I think I'm okay...

Its manufactured consent. They have family friendly genre plants and force them in to out vision, and give them artificially inflated places on line ups so that the paying public think they're bigger than they are, so next time they're put headlining we shrug our shoulders, hand over our cash and say "it was coming they played 3rd last time"

Rubbish, I don't like Yungblud but he sold shit loads of tixs on his last tour on par with arena acts.

I thought you were complaining about Wet Leg have sexed up lyrics or some rubbish like that but you're calling them family friendly now? 

4 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Or maybe they’re just popular…leg up or not

Its not like people are forced to listen to them

2 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Can't stand yungblud but this is bullshit, he played 5th down the mainstage in 2019 with loads of songs out and it was the Foos day as well so effectively 6/7th down

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Those chemtrails are mental, too. 

• Upvote 1