2023 Festival

TheWaters

2 hours ago, m4tt said:

Didn't YMAS claim they were coming back to head during their set last year? 

Just what i was told, i was watching Kenny Hoopla instead.

No chance YMAS headline Reading festival, MSW sub at best and that would be pushing it

3 hours ago, m4tt said:

Didn't YMAS claim they were coming back to head during their set last year? 

Just what i was told, i was watching Kenny Hoopla instead.

The size of crowd for YMAS last year at Leeds was pathetic. Literally a couple dozen people in the front pit. No chance they get even close to headlining. 

There's a fair shout for a lot of those, it must be said.

I am not sure that Foals would necessarily get the MSE spot above Sam Fender however. Know the former are ex-headliners but from a mere trajectory perspective, the latter is on the way up while the former feel like they may well have plateaued.

Kendrick Lamar would be an excellent booking, by the strength of that Glastonbury set alone, but has anybody seen his tour sales? He looks to have not even half-sold Leeds' First Direct Arena out, though one would imagine a base price of £65 is sticking him out of the reach of many right now.

52 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Kendrick Lamar would be an excellent booking, by the strength of that Glastonbury set alone, but has anybody seen his tour sales? He looks to have not even half-sold Leeds' First Direct Arena out, though one would imagine a base price of £65 is sticking him out of the reach of many right now.

The tickets are absolutely ludicrously priced is probably why, yeah. £65 for the worst possible seat in the house is a joke when I'm seeing Biffy Clyro + Architects for the same price standing. You're talking the price of a festival day ticket just to get on the lower tier. Leeds 2018 I got him headlining, Dua Lipa, PATD, Brockhampton and more for less than one good spot at this show.

I love Kenny but it's way too much, not bending over for that.

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

The tickets are absolutely ludicrously priced is probably why, yeah. £65 for the worst possible seat in the house is a joke when I'm seeing Biffy Clyro + Architects for the same price standing. You're talking the price of a festival day ticket just to get on the lower tier. Leeds 2018 I got him headlining, Dua Lipa, PATD, Brockhampton and more for less than one good spot at this show.

I love Kenny but it's way too much, not bending over for that.

Spoken like a true Yorkshireman, you have my respect.

Not sure that there's many, if any artists, who should be charge three figures for a show. When you add the fees on, top-price Kendrick Lamar tickets tip into that bracket.

Could well be a candidate for a flash sale later this year - remember getting tickets for Depeche Mode for £22.50 a pop at Leeds because they hadn't sold out the £45 top-tier.

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Its Festival Republic booking for Reading Leeds. This is what its going to be.

I remember the year we got PATD!, Fall out Boy, and Kings of Leon as our 3. I wouldn't put it past them to take us for granted and go cheap as hell.

s0_codef0583807-31df-4077-86bb-c051304095db_editor_result.jpg

know it's a joke but imagine living in a world where Kid Rock still get logo spots at a UK festival

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Rex Orange County has had quite a rise, hasn't it? Where would folk recommend starting?

I don’t get it at all, not awful by any means but how he’s got so big is quite hard to fathom. 

Don’t really get Ezra, Easy Life and the other easy listening, chill out guitary stuff either, so obv just not my cup of tea

4 minutes ago, Benj said:

I don’t get it at all, not awful by any means but how he’s got so big is quite hard to fathom. 

Don’t really get Ezra, Easy Life and the other easy listening, chill out guitary stuff either, so obv just not my cup of tea

People seem to love bland.

33 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Rex Orange County has had quite a rise, hasn't it? Where would folk recommend starting?

I was into him from his first release (so bias towards his early stuff). Recommend the songs;
Corduroy Dreams
Uno
Best Friend
Sunflower
Television
Never Enough
Happiness

Apricot Princess is his best release by far

Edited by sacred shape

31 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I was having a think, if R&L said to me "make a 2023 festival with every nostalgia act that you would love to see and reminisce over" ... I'd say this is very close. These acts are the epitome of my growing up, the 90's to now.

You might as well put Nirvana in there at this point, why not.

After Glasto and the size of Sam Fender and Olivia's crowds especially (and from how well Bicep went down there too), decided to do another quick little hit at a poster for 2023. To me it looks very R&L, and would imagine go down pretty well with most people - could also see Sigrid in place of Charli, Sigrid absolutely packed out the tent and did a really fab performance. EDIT: Forgot to change Future to Lil Baby, so just pretend it says that where Future is beneath Trav.

1936050981_rlprediction4.thumb.jpg.8e8748b4536ab7ee7057b2ba4eab05b7.jpg

Edited by stanh
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, stanh said:

After Glasto and the size of Sam Fender and Olivia's crowds especially (and from how well Bicep went down there too), decided to do another quick little hit at a poster for 2023. To me it looks very R&L, and would imagine go down pretty well with most people - could also see Sigrid in place of Charli, Sigrid absolutely packed out the tent and did a really fab performance. EDIT: Forgot to change Future to Lil Baby, so just pretend it says that where Future is beneath Trav.

1936050981_rlprediction4.thumb.jpg.8e8748b4536ab7ee7057b2ba4eab05b7.jpg

steady on with wet leg for now i think! same slot as the kooks, surely not. Very solid otherwise - not sure on Rodrigo based on her glasto slot for instance, considering we are calling Megan who headlined other a shit booking for the same slot. Maybe swap her with Future.