2023 Festival

TheWaters

8 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Saw Green Day tonight and wasn't even that excited about them, but they were amazing and have so many bangers that I'd forgotten about. Any chance they'd headline again? 

I was doing my weekly 4 hour commute to work last Sunday with my wife and said randomly "Put Greenday radio on spotify". Banger after banger after banger, I knew all the lyrics to all the songs still, 15 years after last hearing them probably.

It made me question if I had a chance to make the lineup for R&L 23 based in my childhood, who would I have?

• Like 1

Green Day are probably one of the more likely older rock bands you'll still get at Reading. If they potentially stick to having 1 older rock headliner you could see a band like them or Foo Fighters (if they keep going) coming back. They're way more relevant to a current R&L crowd than RATM imo

They were really brilliant in London the other day, always liked Green Day but excited expectations for sure, really was just banger after banger

1 minute ago, wghennessy said:

How were FOB and Weezer? At Huddersfield i assume?

I was there too, Weezer were surprisingly good, covered Enter Sandman for a laugh and it was decent.

Best I’ve seen FOB (over 2016 and 2018 at R&L). The whole gig was basically a celebration of absolute bangers, not much stretches of obscure or brand new stuff no one knows.

10 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Saw Green Day tonight and wasn't even that excited about them, but they were amazing and have so many bangers that I'd forgotten about. Any chance they'd headline again? 

Did you think the fireworks were meant to sound like explosions on purpose? 🤣

9 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

How were FOB and Weezer? At Huddersfield i assume?

Basically what Andy said - saw FOB in 2018 and this was almost the same set, minus all the rubbish new stuff, and Weezer were exactly as you would expect (I still can't tell if their songs are bad or good, but I enjoyed them). 

6 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

My girlfriend legit jumped everytime they went off! We were basically barrier so they were bloody loud!

25 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I was there too, Weezer were surprisingly good, covered Enter Sandman for a laugh and it was decent.

Best I’ve seen FOB (over 2016 and 2018 at R&L). The whole gig was basically a celebration of absolute bangers, not much stretches of obscure or brand new stuff no one knows.

Weezer covered Enter Sandman because a few months ago The Metallica Blacklist was released which had 50+ acts cover a song from the Black Album including Elton John, IDLES, Flatbush Zombies, Phoebe Bridgers etc and Weezer was one of them. Ghost was on it too and have added Enter Sandman to their setlist on the last tour.

I was indifferent to Fall Out Boy, the crowd were loving them but I've never been keen on them myself so I volunteered to leave the golden circle to get alcoholic slushies for my group whilst the bars were less crowded. 

Amyl was great after I was worried seeing them on a big stage wouldn't translate well for them, Weezer was loads of fun sing alongs plus the shtick with the broken guitar was cool and Green Day are probably the best stadium band I've ever seen, they are so infectious from the front to back of the stadium unlike some shit that plays stadiums.

Edited by jump

3 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Basically what Andy said - saw FOB in 2018 and this was almost the same set, minus all the rubbish new stuff, and Weezer were exactly as you would expect (I still can't tell if their songs are bad or good, but I enjoyed them). 

My girlfriend legit jumped everytime they went off! We were basically barrier so they were bloody loud!

We were stood pretty much the back and it was still deafening, we jumped every time too. Pete Wentz genuinely didn’t know whether it was meant to happen or not, we could see on the screens he was looking around at the band checking 🤣

10 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Kendrick insane at Glasto, surely back soon

and I think Bicep are big enough to headline

With his new album Kendrick has got to be high up on the list of 2023 headliners. I guess the only thing that could stop it is if he does his own tour or a BST date. 

I was at Hella mega London aswell, weezer are always a crowd pleaser. Green Day are green Day (like Metallica or foo fighters same old thing but still got the bangers )! Fall out boy we're better than I've seen them in ages ,first seen them 05, baring wentz thinking it was Wembley and a strange stage set change, they smashed it! Great night all round 

That Idles set at Glasto looked insane, they would’ve been ideal under RATM this year but hopefully they’re here in 2023.

Olivia Rodrigo as well, mental crowd to say she still only has 11 songs.

MSE:

Billie Eilish > Olivia Rodrigo

My Chemical Romance > Idles

Kendrick Lamar > Yungblud

MSW:

Doja Cat > Burna Boy

Kasabian > Don Broco

MGK > Jamie T

Wasn’t too far from the front for kendrick last night at glasto. Absolute leagues better than his 2018 headline set and i thought that was quite good. I’ve watched the set back on iplayer and it really doesn’t do it justice. He may be the one headliner that could tempt me back for a day (probably not though)

Travis Scott August 2022 london date announced.

i was at glasto and the wet leg crowd was indeed huge, should have been on the other stage.

bicep show was incredible, if not in 2023 its only a matter of time i think before they do MSW.

sam fender was billed as 4th on the printed guide your given and bumped to pyramid sub. think those are printed around a month before the festival as i think doja cat was already removed

6 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Wasn’t too far from the front for kendrick last night at glasto. Absolute leagues better than his 2018 headline set and i thought that was quite good. I’ve watched the set back on iplayer and it really doesn’t do it justice. He may be the one headliner that could tempt me back for a day (probably not though)

Only watched on TV but I could tell he was giving so much more than Leeds 2018, which I remember liking but still being a little underwhelmed. 

10 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

That Idles set at Glasto looked insane, they would’ve been ideal under RATM this year but hopefully they’re here in 2023.

Olivia Rodrigo as well, mental crowd to say she still only has 11 songs.

MSE:

Billie Eilish > Olivia Rodrigo

My Chemical Romance > Idles

Kendrick Lamar > Yungblud

MSW:

Doja Cat > Burna Boy

Kasabian > Don Broco

MGK > Jamie T

Your lineup is far too good for it to happen. Think Idles would suit more under Kendrick and Yungblud under MCR or Billie. 

16 minutes ago, foolee said:

Your lineup is far too good for it to happen. Think Idles would suit more under Kendrick and Yungblud under MCR or Billie. 

It’d be a dream so I know it’s very optimistic! Realised after that five of my six headliners are from the US too so that won’t happen, maybe lose MCR and Billie and throw in Fender and Muse. The subs are pretty stacked too, but I can dream!