MSE: The 1975 // Lil Nas X

MSW: Doja Cat // Anderson. Paak & The Free Nationals

Saturday

MSE: Eminem // Migos

MSW: Bicep // Jamie T

Sunday

MSW: Sam Fender // Two Door Cinema Club

MSE: Paramore // Rex Orange County

If Travis Scott is back doing festivals, he is in for sure.

Based on current trajectory Doja Cat and Sam Fender will be in.

Muse are due a return and 1975 said they will headline with more women on the bill.

I think Paramore (comeback and representation)are most likely to round out the lineup.

Sub-headliners, we will get Jamie T and Rex Orange County, Don Bronco, Charlie XCX. I believe Machine Gun Kelly is sub level still, not a headliner as we all thought. Somebody like TDCC or YMAS to finish off the subs. Therefore...

MSE |

The 1975 // Rex Orange County

Travis Scott // Machine Gun Kelly

Muse // You Me at Six

MSW |

Sam Fender // Jamie T

Doja Cat // Charlie XCX

Paramore // Don Bronco

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Could see

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

This is solid. I reckon Travis in for Eminem potentially but yeah - good stuff.

11 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Could see

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

I rate that a lot, shadow about Travis Scott in for Eminem, and maybe Lil Baby in for Migos especially considering I think(?) they've had some sort of falling out which is why Quavo & Takeoff have made their duo of 'Unc & Phew' but don't know for sure the craic with that. Bicep would be a solid booking and would imagine go down very well, if not, Chase & Status (Live) would be a class dance headliner instead. Other than that, would really rate that as an inital lineup and defo tempt me to R&L over Creams

I reckon Foals will do MSW. Big, successful Other Stage headline slot coming this weekend, banging new album (one of the best of the year for me) and popular amongst the core audience. They’d be a perfect booking. I’m going: 

The 1975 x Sam Fender 

Kendrick Lamar x Doja Cat 

My Chemical Romance x Foals

I definitely think one MCR and Paramore will be there but, as said above, I think Paramore could opt to do their own shows after the success of MCR this year. 

28 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I reckon Foals will do MSW. Big, successful Other Stage headline slot coming this weekend, banging new album (one of the best of the year for me) and popular amongst the core audience. They’d be a perfect booking. I’m going: 

The 1975 x Sam Fender 

I definitely think one MCR and Paramore will be there but, as said above, I think Paramore could opt to do their own shows after the success of MCR this year. 

I was gonna throw Foals in mine but it ended up being too good.. sorry, too non-poppy to be realistic so I went Doja and Olivia. Fender feels nailed on though. 

1975 aren't a bad shout but I'd like to see Muse in that slot with their new album due and it actually sounding remotely interesting for a change. 

31 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I was gonna throw Foals in mine but it ended up being too good.. sorry, too non-poppy to be realistic so I went Doja and Olivia. Fender feels nailed on though. 

1975 aren't a bad shout but I'd like to see Muse in that slot with their new album due and it actually sounding remotely interesting for a change. 

Are Foals now doomed to repeat an infinite loop of Truck/Y Not/Kendall/IoW like Stereophonics/Feeder/Fratellis?

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

The 1975 x Sam Fender 

Think the 3 headliners you have are the ones they’ll get but I’ve got Paramore, MGK and Kasabian as MSW 3. Foals and Kasabian are interchangeable but I think after the success of Knebworth and IOW R&L will try for Kasabian as a MSW headliner but it’s just if they accept it. 

As you’ve mentioned Paramore could opt for their own shows and I’m not sure they’d book MCR, Paramore & MGK as headliners the same year. 

Hopefully all 6 headliners next year are strong. Some cracking big bands / acts about for MSE and some great medium sized acts that could feasibly do MSW. I'm not sure about Travis Scott as some have mentioned above though... has everything just sort of blown over with him and Astroworld? I know Benn is a big fan so would do whatever to have him back but next year seems a bit premature.

9 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Hopefully all 6 headliners next year are strong. Some cracking big bands / acts about for MSE and some great medium sized acts that could feasibly do MSW. I'm not sure about Travis Scott as some have mentioned above though... has everything just sort of blown over with him and Astroworld? I know Benn is a big fan so would do whatever to have him back but next year seems a bit premature.

He's back headlining festivals across USA so assuming that his cancelled booking this year will be bumped back to next year.

He wasn't charged for a crime, so it would be strange to ban him from performing when the law says he hasn't done anything wrong - just because a few idiots broke in and the fans stormed the stage.

17 hours ago, foolee said:

TFoals and Kasabian are interchangeable but I think after the success of Knebworth and IOW R&L will try for Kasabian as a MSW headliner but it’s just if they accept it. 

I'd say Kasabian fit the bill of MSW rock act:

Queens of the Stone Age -> Biffy Clyro -> Bring me the Horizon -> Kasabian

2 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

He's back headlining festivals across USA so assuming that his cancelled booking this year will be bumped back to next year.

He wasn't charged for a crime, so it would be strange to ban him from performing when the law says he hasn't done anything wrong - just because a few idiots broke in and the fans stormed the stage.

The criminal investigation is still very much open isn’t it?

Hard to imagine he’ll personally be charged with anything.

Given ‘the few idiots’ (thousands of people) were in effect goaded on by comments he made, it’s hard to imagine he won’t at least be heavily criticised for his involvement in encouraging the break ins.

As to how that will affect any U.K. booking activity will be interesting to see, as will his future comms around his events

2 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Do we know if Travis Scott was definitely booked for 2022? If so who replaced him on the Line up do we think?

I see that RHCP have been getting glowing reviews again. Not playing under the bridge and can’t stop last night, only playing 1 hour 30 mins for £100 gig and playing before the support act. Wasn’t sure where else to post this but R&L forum seemed fitting. 

10 minutes ago, foolee said:

I see that RHCP have been getting glowing reviews again. Not playing under the bridge and can’t stop last night, only playing 1 hour 30 mins for £100 gig and playing before the support act. Wasn’t sure where else to post this but R&L forum seemed fitting. 

I mean it's not like RHCP decided to play before ASAP for fun, something clearly went wrong and he played like 4 songs after them, seems like an odd complaint for people to have 

I'm also firmly in camp "if you don't wanna play a song don't play it", nothing worse than seeing artists begrudgingly slog through tracks they're sick of 

10 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I mean it's not like RHCP decided to play before ASAP for fun, something clearly went wrong and he played like 4 songs after them, seems like an odd complaint for people to have 

I'm also firmly in camp "if you don't wanna play a song don't play it", nothing worse than seeing artists begrudgingly slog through tracks they're sick of 

Yeah, I didn’t go but obviously ASAP wasn’t there on time so they decided to come on early. Also people saying they finished early due to this which isn’t the case because they always play 1 hour and a half which I think is poor form when they’re charging as much as they do. 

I agree to an extent and people should know by know RHCP tend to skip Under The Bridge sometimes, I just think if you’ve got people paying their hard earned cash you should probably be playing your best songs. RHCP begrudgingly slog through a whole set so they may as well begrudgingly slog through under the bridge as well 😂

Meh, it's Peppers so you're lucky if you get them on a good day let alone worrying if they are playing a specific hit.

I'm less worried about bands that have a monstrous back catalogue on what they will play as chances are you can get a cool rare deep cut instead of an established hit you're sick of hearing of. Like I saw Nine Inch Nails the other day and they didn't play the I Want To Fuck You Like An Animal song which is probably their biggest song but I didn't care as the band is so good live and they brought in a few deep cuts to wow me instead. Besides people should be going to see the band themselves play rather than just wanting to hear that one specific songs, waiting around for 2 hours for one song is so fucking boring. Maybe it's a new thing as people don't listen to albums anymore just their shitty Spotify playlists so they only expect greatest hits now?

It's only really a problem with all of these indie landfill bands of the last 20 years that have to milk the one decent album they did to put on a good show but then still have to do an anniversary of that album tour to reassure people they will only play the songs they know.

4 hours ago, metallimuse said:

🙄

’Closer’

The funny thing is I've mentioned to people I'm seeing/seen Nine Inch Nails and then I have to go they did Closer and Hurt but they are still lost so then I have to say the I Want To Fuck You Like An Animal song and Johnny Cash covered them for them to go Ah okay.

Since this is the R&L section I have even lower expectations that people would know them.