2023 Festival

TheWaters

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Have you ever heard a Harry Styles song? 

He is very much in the same bracket as Dua Lipa; both make pure pop music, both are very talented, critically lauded and very, very successful. 

But yeah, the very well known family event that Reading and Leeds is. 

Love the new one which rips off the weekend 👍🏼

18 hours ago, sacred shape said:

ngl it read like a copypasta, and reading it back, it sounds even more like a copypasta 

But I do have a soft spot for Robbie and wouldn't be 100% against Harry headlining. If Dua Lipa was seriously being considered, no reason he couldn't

Nah all my own words, I’m the pasta maker fella

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Because The Weeknd is the first artist to do that 80s throwback sound, right? 

Dunno, it’s an irrelevance to the fact that the Style’s song is a facsimile of a The Weekend song in style though and if it is a hugely common formula, perhaps even more damning to those trying to make out Styles is a creative behemoth

16 hours ago, illustration.toxic said:

got bored and made this poster, what do you think?

r/readingfestival - I got bored so made a line up for next year. what do you think?

Friday - brockhampton disbanded, I don't think Jamie T is a sub anymore either?

Saturday - solid, but will echo what was said above about rodrigo.

Sunday - Courteeners have got to be MSE sub if not MSW headline really. Placebo and Editors aren't getting booked, Nova Twins aren't worth bothering with for a special guest? I'd honestly say stick Sam Fender in rather than QOTSA (who are still battling lawsuits i think?) - he's far more relevant with the audience but still a crowd pleaser for older people.

Overall very lacking on top 6 per day rappers too / hiphop, theres 3 on friday inc both headliners and then slowthai as well. definitely a few more big names needed in that department.

Every time I see Brockhampton on a prediction I want to reach through the screen and give that person a hug. We're still in the mourning phase

Also Charli XCX is absolutely a MSW headliner by now and her with a Rina sub would go down a storm. 

34 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Every time I see Brockhampton on a prediction I want to reach through the screen and give that person a hug. We're still in the mourning phase

Also Charli XCX is absolutely a MSW headliner by now and her with a Rina sub would go down a storm. 

Charli XCX MSW, really? She’s headlining the tent at Glastonbury, which is at best the 3rd stage.

I really like her but reckon MSW sub would be peak as things stand. Then again I would never have picked Halsey as being big enough for MSE headliner. 

10 minutes ago, Benj said:

Charli XCX MSW, really? She’s headlining the tent at Glastonbury, which is at best the 3rd stage.

I really like her but reckon MSW sub would be peak as things stand. Then again I would never have picked Halsey as being big enough for MSE headliner. 

By this time next August? I absolutely think so, yeah. She's only getting bigger and better, same with Rina (who is about to open for Elton John). If not then those two subbing Dua Lipa on MSE.

Glasto's third stage is significantly bigger than L+R third. Many here were talking about how big Yungblud will be at L+R and he's subbing Jamie T on that same stage. 

Edited by BenG92

12 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

By this time next August? I absolutely think so, yeah. She's only getting bigger and better, same with Rina (who is about to open for Elton John). If not then those two subbing Dua Lipa on MSE.

Glasto's third stage is significantly bigger than L+R third. Many here were talking about how big Yungblud will be at L+R and he's subbing Jamie T on that same stage. 

Think it’s the same tent that used to be the second stage at Reading isn’t it?

Wouldve been a good option up against RATM / AM in there this year

2 hours ago, Benj said:

Think it’s the same tent that used to be the second stage at Reading isn’t it?

Wouldve been a good option up against RATM / AM in there this year

Nah it’s a lot smaller than the Radio 1 tent was but slightly bigger than the dance stage I’d say. 

There's no way Charli is a MSW headline, let alone an absolutely massive one. One of the daftest things i've heard on here. She's comfortably the 4th stage at glasto too - bicep are on the third stage her day of glasto, an act that are a solid festival headliner now.

4 hours ago, NoBuses said:

People need to accept Harry Styles is going to headline this festival one day and he'll probably have the biggest crowd of the last decade 

Not sure Reading will pay his ask

Maybe I'm overestimating Charli's reach but I still think if Halsey can do it now, she can do it in a year. Would be a weaker 2nd head to make up the cost of the real one, sure, but it wouldn't shock me at all. If not next year then soon after if she keeps up the output. 

40 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

MSE: Post Malone

MSW: Doja Cat

MSE: The Killers

MSW: Paramore

MSE: Dua Lipa

MSW: Sam Fender

or

MSE: Eminem

MSE: Paramore

MSW: Courteeners

MSE: Muse

MSW: Lewis Capaldi

Surely Post Malone again would be too soon even for R+L's standards

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LazyDavid said:

MSE: Post Malone

MSE: The Killers

MSW: Paramore

MSE: Dua Lipa

MSW: Sam Fender

or

MSE: Eminem

MSE: Paramore

MSW: Courteeners

MSE: Muse

MSW: Lewis Capaldi

Post Malone prediction is just lazy. Won't happen for at least 3+ years now.