2023 Festival

TheWaters

14 hours ago, gfa said:

Yungblud's label dropping him 😂

In the midst of a world tour and pushing 8 million Spotify listeners a month... it would seem a little daft.

As much as people love to hate him, he's clearly getting bigger and bigger. Will be interesting to see where he peaks

9 hours ago, wghennessy said:

It simply isnt happening. They have big plans and one of them isn't being dropped.

I remember when i had a video call with him once. I said I would make sure i bought a ticket to his show and immediately him and his team loudly shouted me down and insisted they'd make sure i would never have to pay. They were adamant as well. He then posed for pictures for my kids. No media op, No social media shit, no one but my family have the pics.

Give him a shot is all ill say.

I know i was laughing at how ridiculous the comment is. He is utter shite though

to @Benjtoo ^ i was unclear i guess

Edited by gfa

28 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Panic! At the Disco have just released a new single, announced an album for August and a UK tour for Spring next year.

Sounds really good on first listen, hopefully they’re headlining next year. 

As someone who's fav Panic albums are Pretty Odd. and AFYCSO, it was surprisingly good 

On 5/29/2022 at 3:07 PM, Andre91 said:

He sells fucking loads of tickets.

I used to be very harsh on him but these days I have zero problem with YUNGBLUD. Yeah, it’s all manufactured but so was Avril Lavigne and she got loads of kids into rock music. That’s his job. There will be young people who end up at The Offspring and Rancid because of him. I’m all for him being nominated for awards and performing at ceremonies. I’d rather that than ‘insert house DJ here’. Yeah, he’s annoying, yeah he’s forced but at a time when rock music is in the gutter in the mainstream, at least he’s opening young people up to it. 

Big up YUNGBLUD. Annoying but cool. The Tom DeLonge of our time (jk).

I don't know if the average person who listens to YUNGBLUD would give bands like The Offspring and Rancid a second thought.

7 minutes ago, VCK said:

I don't know if the average person who listens to YUNGBLUD would give bands like The Offspring and Rancid a second thought.

I’m not saying that. What I’m saying is that there will undoubtedly be kids who do end up there. Nobody’s first favourite band is Napalm Death but plenty of people’s first favourite band was Linkin Park, who opened the door to so many other heavy bands. Everyone growing up has gateway artists and YB is certainly one of those. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m not saying that. What I’m saying is that there will undoubtedly be kids who do end up there. Nobody’s first favourite band is Napalm Death but plenty of people’s first favourite band was Linkin Park, who opened the door to so many other heavy bands. Everyone growing up has gateway artists and YB is certainly one of those. 

Yeah, Yungblud can be a gateway drug who is easing the yoof onto the hard stuff.

Also, I have found new bands through listening to the favourite band of my favourite band before. Like The Misfits career got revived when Metallica did a cover of them.

37 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yep, I’m one of those people! Still love YB though.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Absolutely, the popularity of MGK will do the same as YB for people. The lines between genres are becoming more blurred recently and it can only be a good thing when rock/pop punk/alternative or whatever you want to call it are falling by the wayside on some festival lineups.

24 minutes ago, jEEF said:

Does anybody reckon they would book Slipknot for the legacy act. They're defo big enough and are meant to release and album later this year. Also, it's been 20 years since they were last booked. 

I could see Slipknot playing but I reckon it’s more possible than likely though.

However they look to be certs for either Download or finally doing their UK Knotfest which was canned due to covid imo.

5 hours ago, jEEF said:

Does anybody reckon they would book Slipknot for the legacy act. They're defo big enough and are meant to release and album later this year. Also, it's been 20 years since they were last booked. 

I remember some predictions for 2021 for MSE. I honestly can see it happening but to be honest I think they’d just do Knotfest or Download again.

3 hours ago, jj200 said:

Main stage east:

Friday: Tame impala 

Saturday: Kendrick lamer 

Sunday: Green day

Main Stage west:

Friday: The Courteeners

Saturday: Foals

Sunday: Yungblud 

Still can’t see Tame Impala on MSE, they’re just not mainstream enough. 

Sam Fender maybe in that slot instead?

15 hours ago, wghennessy said:

Cool man you dont like him and thats fair but he will headline that festival.

I never said he wasn't - as i explained previously i just said that he wasn't going to get dropped by his label.

My Chemical Romance, Paramore, MGK, Kasabian, Doja Cat and Yungblud is my current guess I think. 

I don't think Sam Fender will do his tour, then Finsbury, sub Glastonbury and be a support for every band this year, plus also top a load of small/medium festivals and do Reading next year. 

I think he's a following year option as you can't see Finsbury put out not play MSE of Reading but he'll have done a ton by then.

Edited by thewayiam

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

My Chemical Romance, Paramore, MGK, Kasabian, Doja Cat and Yungblud is my current guess I think. 

I don't think Sam Fender will do his tour, then Finsbury, sub Glastonbury and be a support for every band this year, plus also top a load of small/medium festivals and do Reading next year. 

I think he's a following year option as you can't see Finsbury put out not play MSE of Reading but he'll have done a ton by then.

Why I wrote this out without putting Panic! in I don't know as that's the reason I went to write it. They have clearly left room for a second 02 date. Anyway!

Replace Yungblud with Panic! He could still be a sub by then. MCR, Panic! and MGK as MSE. Doja Cat, Kasabian and Paramore as MSW. Paramore will be a decent comeback but I don't think it will make them suddenly huge coming back and above the second main stage. 

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Why I wrote this out without putting Panic! in I don't know as that's the reason I went to write it. They have clearly left room for a second 02 date. Anyway!

Replace Yungblud with Panic! He could still be a sub by then. MCR, Panic! and MGK as MSE. Doja Cat, Kasabian and Paramore as MSW. Paramore will be a decent comeback but I don't think it will make them suddenly huge coming back and above the second main stage. 

Talk about wishful thinking! 

Way way way too mid-2000s pop punk focused. You're not getting MCR, Panic and Paramore in one year. Not to mention that MGK is basically a pop punk artist now (a shite one mind you).

Will be at least one high profile rap artist, probably two, as well. 

32 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Talk about wishful thinking! 

Way way way too mid-2000s pop punk focused. You're not getting MCR, Panic and Paramore in one year. Not to mention that MGK is basically a pop punk artist now (a shite one mind you).

Will be at least one high profile rap artist, probably two, as well. 

It’s definitely wishful thinking because I’m sure we’d all love it too much on here. I’m not too familiar with the rap scene so I’ll leave that blank but I’m thinking a combo of:

MSE: The 1975, someone like a Green Day, Killers type global band, Dua Lipa, some rapper, MCR.

MSW: Sam Fender, Courteeners, Doja Cat, MGK, Kasabian.

Maybe MCR for 2024 now Frank Iero has confirmed he’s got a new album coming out.