2023 Festival

TheWaters

On 5/10/2022 at 1:41 PM, Benj said:

Headlining in Italy doesn't necessarily mean you headline in the UK. Im not saying they cant headline festivals in the UK, just they would be an out there shout to top the bill at Reading, which in the main sticks to mainstream headliners.

Will be interesting to see what kind of crowd they draw at APE, I think thats more their scene than R&L but if they struggle to sell well in central London, no chance they can headline Reading

This seems wild to me. Might just be my echo chamber but Tame Impala seem like the second most reading band after AM. They seem to appeal to rock fans loads, are most rap fans fave rock act, and used relentlessly on tiktok. They might struggle at APE because of the pretty weak undercard, king giz definitely should have been on their day, but on a reading day would probably be the first day to sell out   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, bleeegghh said:

This seems wild to me. Might just be my echo chamber but Tame Impala seem like the second most reading band after AM. They seem to appeal to rock fans loads, are most rap fans fave rock act, and used relentlessly on tiktok. They might struggle at APE because of the pretty weak undercard, king giz definitely should have been on their day, but on a reading day would probably be the first day to sell out   

Meanwhile, no one I knows could name one of their songs

I suspect you’re closer to a larger attending demographic than me, I just can’t see them being a mainstream ticket shifter

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

Thinking Download is more likely for them. But it could go either way tbh.

I’m thinking they’ll be more suited to R&L and it’s Downloads anniversary next year I think they’ll go big on heavy acts like Metallica, RATM and Slipknot but yeah could go either way as Metallica could decide to do their own shows and RATM, Slipknot and MCR would still be massive for Download. 

43 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

MCR for Download, Kendrick for L+R. Kenny's gonna be everywhere next year.  

Don’t think it’s a question of Kendrick or MCR as I think R&L could get both but if R&L get Paramore I don’t think they’ll get MCR. Looking like Travis Scott and Post Malone will also be around next year so could be 1 of 3 between Kendrick, Travis Scott and Post Malone. 

Updated prediction due to Kendrick’s new album and that it’s looking like MCR may have new music out as well. I do think it’ll definitely be one Kendrick or Travis Scott but I’m not 100% on which one yet. 

The 1975 / Machine Gun Kelly

Kendrick Lamar / Paramore

My Chemical Romance / Sam Fender

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foolee said:

I do think it’ll definitely be one Kendrick or Travis Scott but I’m not 100% on which one yet. 

Kendrick feels like the obvious booking. New album and it gives L+R a little more distance from the Astroworld shit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Benj said:

Meanwhile, no one I knows could name one of their songs

I suspect you’re closer to a larger attending demographic than me, I just can’t see them being a mainstream ticket shifter

I'm 20 and would say Tame Impala is a pretty solid pick.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Seeing how R&L is a rock festival again now after this year eh… 

The 1975 / Sam Fender 

Paramore / Doja Cat 

My Chemical Romance / Machine Gun Kelly

I feel like it needs a Kendrick, Eminem, Post or Travis 

I think the pool seems to be one of:

MSE

Friday // The 1975, 21 Pilots, Kasabian, Paramore, Fallout Boy, Tame Impala, Foals, The Strokes, Florence and the Machine

Saturday // Billie Eilish, Post Malone, Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott, Tyler the Creator, Eminem, Dua Lipa, Cardi B, The Weeknd, Drake

Sunday // Blink 182, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Killers, Muse, My Chemical Romance, Metallica, Greenday, Kings of Leon

MSW

Friday // Doja Cat, AJ Tracy, Lizzo, Chase & Status, Olivia Rodrigo, Lily Nas X

Saturday // Royal Blood, Courteeners, Queens of the Stone Age, Imagine Dragons

Sunday // Machine Gun Kelly, Panic at the Disco, Wolf Alice, Yungblud, Sam Fender, Lana Del Rey

Take your pick.

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The 1975 / Sam Fender 

Paramore / Doja Cat 

I’d snap your hand off for that which probably means it’s too good to ever be true

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The 1975 / Sam Fender 

Paramore / Doja Cat 

This is abysmal for my taste. 1975/Fender are okay but not top of my list by any means, don't give a shit about the other 4

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It’d be nice, wouldn’t it. Probably take MCR out, move Paramore to their position and have Kendrick headline Saturday. 

I’m hoping to see some more MCR dates on the calendar beyond this summer run, hopefully it’s one of or combination of DL, R&L and a UK arena tour in 2023

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I’m hoping to see some more MCR dates on the calendar beyond this summer run, hopefully it’s one of or combination of DL, R&L and a UK arena tour in 2023

I think DL is a real possibility. Copping said in an interview last year that he had made an offer for them to headline but they couldn’t do it (I assume because of the MK shows getting announced) so he’s definitely keen to get them. I’ve said it many times but I think they’d get a hero’s welcome at DL these days. 

19 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The 1975 / Sam Fender 

Paramore / Doja Cat 

Ooft, very much not to my taste at all that, as much as I do like The 1975, Sam Fender and Doja Cat, it seems very unbalanced - and can't really see people my age and younger wanting to spend £300 for that line-up ngl.

I think MCR go Download 2023 > Jan/Feb 2024 UK Arenas > R&L 2024 personally. Download can make a go of being their "only UK show of 2023" or whatever, then you immediately get the arena shows in for the people who couldn't do Download before ending this album cycle at R&L.