2023 Festival

TheWaters

13 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Maybe not for 2023 but I wonder if they’d ever try getting Coldplay in.

I’m just watching snippets from their live shows from their current US tour. Say what you want about their music, they certainly put on a show. 

Weirdly I could see Chris Martin wanting to do it as a bucket list kind of thing.

Are they still doing the kinetic dance floor thing? Thought that was really cool personally.

41 minutes ago, Lawsie said:

Not sure how realistic this is but haven't seen many people mention Tame Impala? 

Their may well be a good reason but KP's definitely big enough to headline MSW at least imo

More than big enough for MSE. People say not the right vibe for L+R but I don't agree, could totally see them on there, just put someone very different on MSW the same day, a grime act or something.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

More than big enough for MSE. People say not the right vibe for L+R but I don't agree, could totally see them on there, just put someone very different on MSW the same day, a grime act or something.

Don’t think they’re a big enough draw for MSE, just a little too niche for mainstream appeal

Would be a solid MSW booking though

9 minutes ago, Benj said:

Don’t think they’re a big enough draw for MSE, just a little too niche for mainstream appeal

Would be a solid MSW booking though

They're way too big for MSW, they're headlining festivals globally on the same level as Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Slipknot etc. Maybe still not the right band for R+L but I reckon it would be a great booking as long as the opposite headliner that day was very different. 

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

They're way too big for MSW, they're headlining festivals globally on the same level as Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Slipknot etc. Maybe still not the right band for R+L but I reckon it would be a great booking as long as the opposite headliner that day was very different. 

Headlining in Italy doesn't necessarily mean you headline in the UK. Im not saying they cant headline festivals in the UK, just they would be an out there shout to top the bill at Reading, which in the main sticks to mainstream headliners.

Will be interesting to see what kind of crowd they draw at APE, I think thats more their scene than R&L but if they struggle to sell well in central London, no chance they can headline Reading

8 minutes ago, Benj said:

Will be interesting to see what kind of crowd they draw at APE, I think thats more their scene than R&L but if they struggle to sell well in central London, no chance they can headline Reading

Hard to say when the Tame Impala day is so imbalanced. Gorillaz / Idles / Turnstile / Pusha T / Yves Tumor / Self Esteem for the same price is absolutely insane value in comparison, I wouldn't be too tempted by Tame's APE day but that'll vary person to person

24 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Hard to say when the Tame Impala day is so imbalanced. Gorillaz / Idles / Turnstile / Pusha T / Yves Tumor / Self Esteem for the same price is absolutely insane value in comparison, I wouldn't be too tempted by Tame's APE day but that'll vary person to person

Yup does seem like a weird undercard. It’s how I see TI though, a little bit out there and weird. 

I enjoyed them when I last saw them at Reading (tent) but at no point did I think they/ he could headline the whole thing. Will be surprised if they were ever chosen, you’d have imagined it would’ve been this year if ever

Sam Fender's finsbury date sold out yesterday.

I think Tame Imapla are a very solid MSW slot and i think would probably take it considerably they are headlining APE which is like half R&L capacity.

19 minutes ago, Benj said:

Yup does seem like a weird undercard. It’s how I see TI though, a little bit out there and weird. 

I enjoyed them when I last saw them at Reading (tent) but at no point did I think they/ he could headline the whole thing. Will be surprised if they were ever chosen, you’d have imagined it would’ve been this year if ever

Bear in mind Currents wasn't even out at that time, biggest album by a country mile, and they haven't been back since it came out. I just don't think Kevin would even bother taking MSW if that's all he was offered. 

Maybe that's the issue, TI is somewhere in-between MSW and MSE. 

Edited by BenG92

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Problem is they are playing Reading/Leeds weekend so all the R+L goers who would see them are at R+L 

36 minutes ago, Benj said:

APE had them pre-covid so probably had first dibs i guess.

On 9/1/2021 at 7:08 PM, JamieB1830 said:

muse will be there

they headline every 6 or 7 years, along with rumours they’re making new stuff and the fact they’re getting ready to do a festival tour next year, it’s their turn again i reckon

be nice to have someone new but muse always put a good show on

Standing by this, new album is coming out, makes sense

4 hours ago, JamieB1830 said:

Standing by this, new album is coming out, makes sense

Saw them these past two nights and they were insane as always. With this album they're going rockier again and songs like Assassin and Stockholm Syndrome are hopefully back in the main tour setlist

26 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Saw them these past two nights and they were insane as always. With this album they're going rockier again and songs like Assassin and Stockholm Syndrome are hopefully back in the main tour setlist

didnt really like them till I saw them live. they are epic. so good

On 5/6/2022 at 11:46 AM, Chad888 said:

Aren't you the one who's friends with Yungbluds friends, and know him as an acquaintance?

He isnt a star when living in the age that YouTube watches, Spotify iTunes and Sound cloud streams, as well as purchases count towards the chart position - he hasn't had a song break past 37. That's awful for somebody whose whole demographic is the kids that are constantly streaming music on their phones.

Like most rock acts, he's more of an albums artist than a singles one - his last album sold 40k in the first week, which is far more than most R&L headliners do.

He hasn't had any 'hit' singles because his stuff doesn't get supported and put on Spotify playlists. To get a Top 40 these days without an absolutely huge fanbase, you pretty much need it to be added to Spotify's Hot Hits UK playlist. 

On 5/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, jump said:

Actually Spotify listens don’t count towards chart positions unless it’s a paid premium account which I learnt from Kunt & The Gang when he was trying to get Boris Johnson Is Fucking A c**t to Xmas number 1.

Also fuck chart positions.

Streams from free Spotify accounts do count towards the chart, but streams from paid accounts count for more.

1 hour ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Like most rock acts, he's more of an albums artist than a singles one - his last album sold 40k in the first week, which is far more than most R&L headliners do.

He hasn't had any 'hit' singles because his stuff doesn't get supported and put on Spotify playlists. To get a Top 40 these days without an absolutely huge fanbase, you pretty much need it to be added to Spotify's Hot Hits UK playlist. 

A number one album breaking records for physical sales and selling out 10k arenas is fuck all clearly.I won’t even say what’s to come.