2023 Festival

TheWaters

6 hours ago, BenG92 said:

On the back of my Killers beg, if anyone's not listened to them since their Hot Fuss / Sam's Town heyday, they've had some real low-key bangers since then. Stick Quiet Town, Cody, Dying Breed, Caution and Runaways in a playlist with the classics and you've got a great setlist. 

Killers are one band I'd give anything to see them at this. They were probably my biggest band of my teen years. Set list for me (oldest to newest) -

1. Mr Brightside

2. Somebody Told Me

3. All These Things That I've Done

4. Smile Like You Mean It

5. When You Were Young

6. Read My Mind

7. Human

8. Spaceman

9. Dustland Fairytale (wedding first dance)

10. The Man

21 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Killers are one band I'd give anything to see them at this. They were probably my biggest band of my teen years. 

Word, Hot Fuss was the favourite album of my teen years, still a wall-to-wall banger to this day.

Saw them in 2007 and they were disappointing then amazing in 2009, seeing them again in a few months so really keen to see how the show's evolved in all that time. 

Indie Rock 'n' Roll would be the best thing they could play for me and I could have sworn they did it in 09 but apparently not. 

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Word, Hot Fuss was the favourite album of my teen years, still a wall-to-wall banger to this day.

Saw them in 2007 and they were disappointing then amazing in 2009, seeing them again in a few months so really keen to see how the show's evolved in all that time. 

Indie Rock 'n' Roll would be the best thing they could play for me and I could have sworn they did it in 09 but apparently not. 

Have similarly seen them great and shite

V 2004ish shite

Reading 2005 shite

v2007 ace

Reading 2008 can’t remember so maybe average 

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

I got tickets for Sheffield Academy today and very excited to see them in such a small venue

7 hours ago, sacred shape said:

I got tickets for Sheffield Academy today and very excited to see them in such a small venue

They’re playing the football ground here in Donny next month on a Tuesday night. Tickets are almost £100 so me and my fiancé are taking a couple of camping chairs and sitting on the hill next to the ground to listen to them (weather permitting) 😂

8 hours ago, sacred shape said:

We're at Rock Werchter which closes on a run of Royal Blood > Killers > RHCP, kinda makes Leeds look like Live at Leeds

Edited by BenG92
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

We're at Rock Werchter which closes on a run of Royal Blood > Killers > RHCP, kinda makes Leeds look like Live at Leeds

Red Hot Chili Peppers make any festival they play look like a car park battle of the bands for 2 hours. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers make any festival they play look like a car park battle of the bands for 2 hours. 

They were great when I saw them, never understood the hate, but it was only the once - and John being back is a real brucey bonus. 

26 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They’re arse. As a live band and as a band in general. Awful. 

Eh, they're not my favourite but awful is a strong word reserved for the likes of MGK. Who has a much better chance of showing up at Leeds than RHCP does unfortunately. 

31 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They’re arse. As a live band and as a band in general. Awful. 

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Eh, they're not my favourite but awful is a strong word reserved for the likes of MGK. Who has a much better chance of showing up at Leeds than RHCP does unfortunately. 

RHCP are a good band on record pre Stadium Arcadium but terrible live. For a band as big playing for an hour and a half with loads of jamming just isn’t good enough. They also sometimes decide to not play Under the bridge which is a terrible move. It’s like they’re jamming in a garage rather than playing to 80k people. Would much rather MGK play than RHCP. 

33 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Much rather see MGK myself, having sat through RHCP live 4 times prior. 

They we’re good once to be fair. Varying from one of the most boring acts I’ve ever seen to not quite as boring as that time, on the other occasions

You may get lucky

• Upvote 1

RHCP have some sensational timeless tracks that can keep them going for a long time. Those tracks aren't necessarily live at festival kind of tracks.

Give it Away

Under the Bridge

Scar Tissue

Zephyr Song

By the Way

Californication

Can't Stop

Dani California

Snow Hey Oh

Otherside

18 hours ago, Chad888 said:

RHCP have some sensational timeless tracks that can keep them going for a long time. Those tracks aren't necessarily live at festival kind of tracks.

Give it Away

Under the Bridge

Scar Tissue

Zephyr Song

By the Way

Californication

Can't Stop

Dani California

Snow Hey Oh

Otherside

All of these tracks are massive festival singalongs, not sure what your on about here

2 hours ago, gfa said:

All of these tracks are massive festival singalongs, not sure what your on about here

Yup. Shame about the 3 minute jam session in the middle of them all though, taking away from that

9 hours ago, Aech said:

Bit dramatic they jam for a few minutes at the start and that's basically it.

You obviously werent there in 2007

Watch this 12 minutes/ Which following the 4 minute Jam start to the set and I imagine at least another 10 mins of jamming in the 45 mins this video alone lasts! 

UTTER SHITE

Easily the most tedious 90 minutes I've spent at St Johns farm in 20+ years

3 minutes ago, Benj said:

Watch this 12 minutes/ Which following the 4 minute Jam start to the set and I imagine at least another 10 mins of jamming in the 45 mins this video alone lasts! 

UTTER SHITE

Yeah that's long they didn't do that shit when I saw them

7 hours ago, Benj said:

UTTER SHITE

Sure they did similar in 2016 as well, opened with Can’t Stop but it took them a good five minutes actually get to the opening riff

9 hours ago, Benj said:

UTTER SHITE

If it was the most tedious 90 minutes then why didn't you just leave after a few songs? Plenty of people enjoyed it but you just want to complain about it!

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

He’s allowed to complain. It was shit. 

I'm not saying he can't - i'm just confused why he bothered staying when he clearly wasn't enjoying it 😂