2023 Festival

TheWaters

Bored so tried to think of a realistic top end of the stages for 2023. Could see something like this

Friday:

MSE: Dua Lipa, Burna Boy, The Vaccines

MSW: Tyler, The Creator, Rex Orange County, Becky Hill

Saturday:

MSE: Muse, Blossoms, Sigrid

MSW: Sam Fender, Slowthai, Easy Life

Sunday:

MSE: Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Idles, Charli XCX

MSW: Doja Cat, Giggs, Everything Everything

• Like 1

Decided to give it another attempt, a bit more realistic (in my eyes) from the other one I did a couple days back.

Friday:

MSE: Dua Lipa / Courteeners (Extra Special Guests) / Sea Girls / Easy Life

MSW: Sam Fender / Aitch / Becky Hill / Arlo Parks

1 Dance: Patrick Topping / Ewan McVicar / Ben Hemsley

Lock-Up: Waterparks / Trash Boat / Roam

1Xtra: Lil Tecca / Yeat / Knucks

Saturday:

MSE: Drake / Playboi Carti / Don Broco / Sundara Karma

MSW: Jorja Smith / Blossoms / Anne-Marie / Wet Leg

1 Dance: Jax Jones / Rain Radio / Emily Nash

Pit: Gallows / Grandson / Loathe

1Xtra: Digga D / Meekz / Bawo

Sunday:

MSE: The Killers / Rex Orange County / Idles (Special Guests) / Griff

MSW: Machine Gun Kelly or Doja Cat / Avril Lavigne / Iann Dior / PinkPantheress

1 Dance: Sub Focus / Hedex / Luude

Festival Republic: Sports Team / Abby Roberts / Yaz

1Xtra: Stefflon Don / Blanco / Mumble

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Bored so tried to think of a realistic top end of the stages for 2023. Could see something like this

Friday:

MSE: Dua Lipa, Burna Boy, The Vaccines

MSW: Tyler, The Creator, Rex Orange County, Becky Hill

Saturday:

MSE: Muse, Blossoms, Sigrid

MSW: Sam Fender, Slowthai, Easy Life

Sunday:

MSE: Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Idles, Charli XCX

MSW: Doja Cat, Giggs, Everything Everything

I feel like the headliners are pretty expensive and where the budget has gone but the undercard is questionable. Blossoms and IDLES as main sub for no real reason imo. Blossoms played 3rd MSW last year and definitely have not earned more than a single bump up - their new album isn't exactly sounding promising either

13 minutes ago, VCK said:

Sam Fender / SZA

Dua Lipa / Foals

The Killers / Royal Blood

Given all the names about i think they would choose a lot of people over SZA. She's not that big here vs a lot of similar acts i'd say

SAM FENDER / IDLES / Aitch / Rex Orange County / Lady Leshurr
TYLER, THE CREATOR / KSI / The Vaccines

DUA LIPA / Dababy / Anne Marie / Sea Girls / Jxdn
FOALS / London Grammar / 100gecs

THE KILLERS / Yungblud / Dermott Kennedy / Beabadoobee / Creeper
ROYAL BLOOD / Architects / Tyga

30 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

DUA LIPA / Doja Cat / Marina

SAM FENDER / AJ Tracey / Fredo
____
THE KILLERS / Courteeners / The Wombats

PARAMORE / The Libertines / IDLES
____
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE / Architects / You Me At Six

MACHINE GUN KELLY / Yungblud / Blossoms

needs a rapper - swap out Paramore for one maybe

6 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

MSE//

Tyler the Creator >> Yungblud >> Charli XCX

The 1975 >> Rex Orange County >> Idles

The Killers >> Wombats >>Blossoms

MSW//

21 Pilots >> Limp Bizkit >> You me at Six

Sam Fender >> Courteeners >> Fredo

Doja Cat >> Aitch >> Anne Marie

This will probably rile a few people but Courteeners won’t sub any more, it’ll be MSW headline or bust for them - they’re miles bigger in terms of ticket sales than any MSE/MSW sub this year or 2021. I know a lot of people dislike them but they deserve an MSW headline slot after years of knocking on the door.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

____

____

Id swap MGK and YB around personally.

14 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

This will probably rile a few people but Courteeners won’t sub any more, it’ll be MSW headline or bust for them - they’re miles bigger in terms of ticket sales than any MSE/MSW sub this year or 2021. I know a lot of people dislike them but they deserve an MSW headline slot after years of knocking on the door.

In the North yes but down south they still only do 1 night at Brixton. Wolf Alice did 3x more tickets this tour. Glass animals and enter shikari did ally pally. Somehow bastille is still doing the o2 arena. 

7 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

In the North yes but down south they still only do 1 night at Brixton. Wolf Alice did 3x more tickets this tour. Glass animals and enter shikari did ally pally. Somehow bastille is still doing the o2 arena. 

It’s the 2/3 arena tours, northern/Manchester gigs and headlining the likes of Truck, Tramlines, Y Not that’s got me saying that. I know they’re far less popular down south but if Gerry Cinnamon and can sub MSE, Courteeners can surely headline MSW. Don’t get me started on how Bastille are still popular!

2 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

It’s the 2/3 arena tours, northern/Manchester gigs and headlining the likes of Truck, Tramlines, Y Not that’s got me saying that. I know they’re far less popular down south but if Gerry Cinnamon and can sub MSE, Courteeners can surely headline MSW. Don’t get me started on how Bastille are still popular!

Gerry is bigger down South though. I still think MSE sub for Courteeners similar to bands like Two Door, Bastille, The Wombats who will just stay subs. 

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Gerry is far more balanced North/South, maybe he won't be in a few years time but for now he's sold out Ally Pally in october last year and went down well at last year's festival.

I get what you mean about Courteeners - they are definitely in a strange position that is pretty much unparalleled. I think they will probably stay as a sub for now or not get booked for a bit as theres lots of better acts that could take a MSW sub spot and don't have the regional split (sam fender, kasabian both come to mind)

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, gfa said:

Gerry is far more balanced North/South, maybe he won't be in a few years time but for now he's sold out Ally Pally in october last year and went down well at last year's festival.

I get what you mean about Courteeners - they are definitely in a strange position that is pretty much unparalleled. I think they will probably stay as a sub for now or not get booked for a bit as theres lots of better acts that could take a MSW sub spot and don't have the regional split (sam fender, kasabian both come to mind)

Courteeners really are strange, I won’t be alone in saying that I don’t listen to their new records at all, but they’re such a different beast live. The first time they did the Old Trafford Cricket Ground gigs had a proper headliner feel about them. Couldn’t imagine going to London and seeing them somewhere like Brixton, it’s mad.

Tbh I thought Liam Fray pretty much sacked London off after someone launched that flare at him.

On 4/3/2022 at 7:31 PM, gabrielomachado said:

____

____

That Saturday would be the stuff of dreams for me.