2023 Festival

TheWaters

40 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The people complaining usually want acts who played the previous year. I find this trend on social media all the time. Do people buy a ticket / decide to go and expect the exact same lineup as the year before? It’s weird. Is it the FOMO from seeing last years sets?

Or they only know/like 3 bands/artists so they want to see those 3 bands/artists.

Dua Lipa, Tyler and the 1975 are a pretty weak trio. I wouldn't say any of them is particularly strong compared to say AM this year. Feels incredibly cheap - they could defo get something a bit bigger than that.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Dua Lipa, Tyler and the 1975 are a pretty weak trio. I wouldn't say any of them is particularly strong compared to say AM this year. Feels incredibly cheap - they could defo get something a bit bigger than that.

Was you not here when the headliners were Fallout Boy, Kings of Leon, Panic at the Disco?!

Even the year after it was 1975, Post Malone, 21 Pilots, Foo Fighters.

Dua Lipa, Tyler, 1975, Sam Fender, Yungblud, Doja Cat will sell the weekend tickets out immediately. Every school leaver wants to see those, compared to say Blink 182, Greenday, MCR, Metallica etc.

As it’s my current campaign. I’m going to assume they see sense and go back to the R1!

MS -

Sam Fender > Doja Cat

Dua Lipa

Metallica

R1 -

Aitch

Yungblud (too big? If so he can a ub Lipa, Tom Grennan or some dark fruits stuff instead)

Becky Hill

Some variations:

MSE: My Chemical Romance, Billie Eilish, The 1975

MSW: Courteeners, Sam Fender, Doja Cat

MSE: Eminem, Florence & The Machine, Queens of the Stone Age

MSW: Gerry Cinnamon, Sam Fender, Dua Lipa

We going weak weak with this one but wouldn't put it past them:

MSE: Paramore, Sam Fender, Dua Lipa,

MSW: Courteeners, Doja Cat, Gerry Cinnamon

6 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Was you not here when the headliners were Fallout Boy, Kings of Leon, Panic at the Disco?!

Even the year after it was 1975, Post Malone, 21 Pilots, Foo Fighters.

Dua Lipa, Tyler, 1975, Sam Fender, Yungblud, Doja Cat will sell the weekend tickets out immediately. Every school leaver wants to see those, compared to say Blink 182, Greenday, MCR, Metallica etc.

It was Post Malone, FOB, Panic and KOL

The year after 1975, 21p and foo fighters.

Its not really right to compare old format anyway as the money is spent so differently. What you suggested is a big budget step down from the last 2 years.

I'm not saying book any of those acts you listed by any means - just mean some bigger rappers/indie acts. Tyler and 1975 look tiny vs AM and Dave this year.

36 minutes ago, gfa said:

It was Post Malone, FOB, Panic and KOL

The year after 1975, 21p and foo fighters.

Its not really right to compare old format anyway as the money is spent so differently. What you suggested is a big budget step down from the last 2 years.

I'm not saying book any of those acts you listed by any means - just mean some bigger rappers/indie acts. Tyler and 1975 look tiny vs AM and Dave this year.

Nope, you're wrong.

2017 >> Kasabian // Eminem // Muse

2018 >> Fallout Boy // Panic! At the Disco (subbed by Kendrick Lamar) // Kings of Leon

2019 >> The 1975 (subbed by Travis Scott) // 21 Pilots + Post Malone // Foo Fighters

2020(c) >> Stormzy // Liam Gallagher // Rage Against the Machine

2021 >> Stormzy // Post Malone // Liam Gallagher

2022 >> Dave // Arctic Monkeys // Rage Against the Machine

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Nope, you're wrong.

2017 >> Kasabian // Eminem // Muse

2018 >> Fallout Boy // Panic! At the Disco (subbed by Kendrick Lamar) // Kings of Leon

2019 >> The 1975 (subbed by Travis Scott) // 21 Pilots + Post Malone // Foo Fighters

2020(c) >> Stormzy // Liam Gallagher // Rage Against the Machine

2021 >> Stormzy // Post Malone // Liam Gallagher

2022 >> Dave // Arctic Monkeys // Rage Against the Machine

My bad although you still made a mistake as pointed out.

tyler 1975 and dua lipa are still weak vs the last two years

3 hours ago, gfa said:

1975 | Sam Fender

Eminem | QOTSA

Killers | Doja Cat

Courteeners very special guest

The Killers would be an incredibly safe headliner guaranteed to draw a crowd so I'm surprised they haven't done it since 2008. Wouldn't be terribly inspiring but that's one of Melvin's criteria right there

2 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Depends how well her album release goes, wouldn't of thought that massive of a slot but impossible to predict 

She’s getting a heck of a lot of industry support and her music is pretty good. If her debut is very good I could see her being like third down MSW minimum. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She’s getting a heck of a lot of industry support and her music is pretty good. If her debut is very good I could see her being like third down MSW minimum. 

with a big debut before she'd probably do 3rd/ 4th down R1 so i'd say third / fourth down MSW if she continues growing. She's still doing small venues like Kentish town and is defo not the same size as Aitch and Slowthai who did that slot last year to huge crowds

20 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

The Killers would be an incredibly safe headliner guaranteed to draw a crowd so I'm surprised they haven't done it since 2008. Wouldn't be terribly inspiring but that's one of Melvin's criteria right there

Not playing for 15 years isn't that uninspiring. Last time they did a uk festival thats not glastonbury was 2018 too (and glastonbury was only 2019 and went down incredibly well). Would be very well received too.

I think its insane they haven't played for 15 years in all honesty - they are a home run booking really

edit: latitude and trnsmt in 2018 as well actually. point still stands - home run booking

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not playing for 15 years isn't that uninspiring. Last time they did a uk festival thats not glastonbury was 2018 too (and glastonbury was only 2019 and went down incredibly well). Would be very well received too.

I think its insane they haven't played for 15 years in all honesty - they are a home run booking really

edit: latitude and trnsmt in 2018 as well actually. point still stands - home run booking

They're not uninspiring in the way that KoL are, but 90% of people who would watch The Killers would be there for Mr Brightside, Somebody Told Me etc, it's the same as people seeing KoL for Sex on Fire (except Killers' have more top level songs).

And yeah, agree about them not playing R&L for 15 years being crazy, they would have gone down far better than some of the dross we've had since, e.g. KoL.