2023 Festival

TheWaters

15 hours ago, NoBuses said:

They were booked to do glasto 2021 before covid but they've lost a fair bit of momentum after Notes so not sure if they will get booked for 2023. Their headline in 2019 was so great and would love to have them back even if it wouldn't feel like a 'moment' like that one did

Were they, I was always of the though it was Taylor Swift, Kendrick and Paul McCartney

16 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

I don't know if Kendrick will come back as he's doing a european tour end of this year I think. Maybe Paramore / Billie Eilish / The 1975.. Sam Fender / AJ Tracey / Queens of the Stone Age

If Kendrick has a new album out (not sure as I don’t follow him) I could see him back at R&L as the more rap based headliner. Would make sense I think. Think The 1975 will probably do Glasto and Billie will be finished touring her most recent album. 

16 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

MSE: My Chemical Romance / Dua Lipa / Paramore

MSW: Doja Cat / Fall Out Boy / Courteeners

too emo/punk. No way is there MCR, Paramore AND FoB. Only courteeners for indie and no standard rock

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

American dates, looks likely they’ll still play Leeds and the Euro dates in August. Well hopefully.

It's the same Mar to May dates they announced they were rescheduling a few months, they are just confirming when those new dates are. Nothing has changed with their July to Aug dates...yet.

Billie Eilish I think is a certain as the leading name of the zeitgeist.

1975 another certain with their new album coming out and dropping off the radar a little so unlikely for Glasto.

Blink 182 a legacy band and one of the cheaper ones out there. Reuniting and Tom Delonge coming back a good shout.

Sam Fender an absolute nail-on.

Doja Cat rumoured to have been in but dropped out this year and Megan or Halsey was bumped up.

21 Pilots because they'd be more than happy to headline again I'm sure, as they're falling in to obscurity quite quickly.

Billie Eilish // 21 Pilots

1975 // Doja Cat

Blink 182 // Sam Fender 

I think that gives a good mix for each day, fans will have 1 or the other to choose from. It satisfies the older fans (Blink), the newer (Sam/Billie/Doja), and it hits the early 20-25 range that remember 21 Pilots and 1975 smashing it at their first time at R&L. Certainly not an R&L festival for me though.

Edited by Chad888

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Billie Eilish I think is a certain as the leading name of the zeitgeist.

1975 another certain with their new album coming out and dropping off the radar a little so unlikely for Glasto.

Blink 182 a legacy band and one of the cheaper ones out there. Reuniting and Tom Delonge coming back a good shout.

Sam Fender an absolute nail-on.

Doja Cat rumoured to have been in but dropped out this year and Megan or Halsey was bumped up.

21 Pilots because they'd be more than happy to headline again I'm sure, as they're falling in to obscurity quite quickly.

Billie Eilish // 21 Pilots

1975 // Doja Cat

Blink 182 // Sam Fender 

I think that gives a good mix for each day, fans will have 1 or the other to choose from. It satisfies the older fans (Blink), the newer (Sam/Billie/Doja), and it hits the early 20-25 range that remember 21 Pilots and 1975 smashing it at their first time at R&L. Certainly not an R&L festival for me though.

21 pilots are absolute shit but have a dedicated core fanbase and good radio hits. they would be a solid MSW headliner imo, huge in america also - hardly obscurity yet

7 hours ago, gfa said:

21 pilots are absolute shit but have a dedicated core fanbase and good radio hits. they would be a solid MSW headliner imo, huge in america also - hardly obscurity yet

The UK isn't America. They have people who play their music, but since Blurryface their music sells less and less, and has less plays.

7 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Catfish’s guitarist Bondy confirmed on Instagram this morning that he’s no longer a member of the band. 

He had quite a few digs at Van too, saying that he wasn’t allowed to release the music he wanted to etc.

Said as well he doesn’t know if Catfish are still a thing or not. They kicked Billy Bibby out in 2014 and Bondy came in but that went a lot more under the radar.  Time will tell I guess

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

The UK isn't America. They have people who play their music, but since Blurryface their music sells less and less, and has less plays.

They are still a solid MSW headliner, they are certainly still popular as shit as they are. Would be very hard to maintain the blurryface level