2023 Festival

TheWaters

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

The Weeknd has to play given his latest album and is the exact sort of act the festival and goers want now. He will probably have Post Malone as a special guest to.

Lizzo or Doja Cat will take the Megan Thee Stalion role this time, expecting Lizzo given how Radio 1 constantly bumps her and has her on (and Doja Cat said she wants to quit music).

Kasabian will be there, they seem to be an easy booking to make.

Queens of the Stone Age, FR have been trying to get them to headline for 5 years now and the one time they got them they had to pull out. If they aren't available it will be Muse as they often come every few years.

21 Pilots are still trundling along, getting good crowds for relatively poor music (how well it's recieved in comparison to Blurry face).

The 1975 have been one of the most well recieved headliners in recent years, I can see they'd be huge if booked.

MSE >> The 1975 // The Weeknd // Muse

MSW >> Kasabian // Lizzo // 21 Pilots

*alternatively - Kasabian, Billie Eilish, Muse, Yungblud, Lizzo, 21 Pilots

MSE Subs: Rex Orange County, Sam Fender, Bombay Bicycle Club

I think all the headliners on MSE are a good shout as long as The 1975 bring a new album out in the next year or so but again The 1975 or The Weeknd could both play other festivals. Lizzo is a shout if she’s got an album in the pipeline and Kasabian will have a new album so easy option for a MSW slot. I doubt TOP will be touring in 2023 and I hope they don’t as the last album was dreadful. I think Sam Fender will headline the next time he plays. 

2 hours ago, Chad888 said:

The Weeknd has to play given his latest album and is the exact sort of act the festival and goers want now. He will probably have Post Malone as a special guest to.

Lizzo or Doja Cat will take the Megan Thee Stalion role this time, expecting Lizzo given how Radio 1 constantly bumps her and has her on (and Doja Cat said she wants to quit music).

Kasabian will be there, they seem to be an easy booking to make.

Queens of the Stone Age, FR have been trying to get them to headline for 5 years now and the one time they got them they had to pull out. If they aren't available it will be Muse as they often come every few years.

21 Pilots are still trundling along, getting good crowds for relatively poor music (how well it's recieved in comparison to Blurry face).

The 1975 have been one of the most well recieved headliners in recent years, I can see they'd be huge if booked.

MSE >> The 1975 // The Weeknd // Muse

MSW >> Kasabian // Lizzo // 21 Pilots

*alternatively - Kasabian, Billie Eilish, Muse, Yungblud, Lizzo, 21 Pilots

MSE Subs: Rex Orange County, Sam Fender, Bombay Bicycle Club

This looks pretty likely. Maybe would swap out Muse for The Killers if they are still touring next summer and not too sure on Lizzo, would rather see Doja Cat booked and shes probably cheaper.

Kasabian nailed on i agree

1 hour ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

The Killers x Sam Fender

The Weeknd x Tyler, The Creator

The 1975 x Doja Cat

This would be very solid but also should be well within budget. Reckon it would go down a treat

16 hours ago, NoBuses said:

This would be incredible, i'd see every headliner. I'd maybe swap tyler and sam fender though

why? doesn't this go against the whole idea of weekend ticket sales

11 hours ago, VCK said:

The 1975 / Yungblud
Sam Fender / Beabadoobee

The Weeknd / Tyler, The Creator
Foals / All Time Low

The Killers / Courteeners
Doja Cat / Anderson .Paak

Tyler would be mad to accept a sub slot

1 hour ago, NoBuses said:

Say Fender and the killers have a big overlap as do Tyler and the Weeknd, Id reckon they’d put them on different days to encourage weekend tickets 

Misread that my bad, yeah i agree

8 hours ago, NoBuses said:

Say Fender and the killers have a big overlap as do Tyler and the Weeknd, Id reckon they’d put them on different days to encourage weekend tickets 

I don’t think Tyler and the weekend will have much crossover at all. 

One massively mainstream, full of pop hits, the other big but pretty niche

Reckon if you did a Venn Diagram you’d find a much bigger Killers - Weekend cross over than Weekend - Tyler

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

I don’t think Tyler and the weekend will have much crossover at all. 

One massively mainstream, full of pop hits, the other big but pretty niche

Reckon if you did a Venn Diagram you’d find a much bigger Killers - Weekend cross over than Weekend - Tyler

Although to be fair Tyler and the weekend

would be much bigger than Tyler and the Killers 

basically there’s 3 big pop acts on the list and one more out there choice

13 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

dunno why you say this when the last 3 sets of headliners have been very good and well recieved? 

Headliners are always going to be "well recieved" by the people who like them, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't think it's crap

To a lot of people the overall headliners have been progressively getting worse and worse... perhaps until this year