2023 Festival

TheWaters

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

Travis surely has to be out of the running for a while. 

He'll be back doing shows in 2023. 100%.

Probably in the next 12 months he'll be cleared of any legal liability for the tragedy, there'll be huge work from his people to recover his image and get his name out there like popping up on different artists' tracks and whatnot. New album out and boom... he's back in the mix.

45 minutes ago, gfa said:

Even if he's back in the running he's insanely expensive so unless his fee drops potentially his time may have been and gone. If they have the choice of bringing Post Malone back or booking him, i think we all know which way it will go

I keep pointing this out to you but you are always speculating how much artists cost without evidence and then ruling them out because of it. You don't know how much Festival Republic has to spend or how much Travis Scott costs, neither do I, neither does anyone posting here I suspect.

What we do know is that this festival can secure some of the biggest names in music without being impeded by artist fees so jumping to a conclusion that FR can't afford an artist in any context is going to pretty much always be wrong.

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He'll be back doing shows in 2023. 100%.

Probably in the next 12 months he'll be cleared of any legal liability for the tragedy, there'll be huge work from his people to recover his image and get his name out there like popping up on different artists' tracks and whatnot. New album out and boom... he's back in the mix.

I keep pointing this out to you but you are always speculating how much artists cost without evidence and then ruling them out because of it. You don't know how much Festival Republic has to spend or how much Travis Scott costs, neither do I, neither does anyone posting here I suspect.

What we do know is that this festival can secure some of the biggest names in music without being impeded by artist fees so jumping to a conclusion that FR can't afford an artist in any context is going to pretty much always be wrong.

Promoters will want those features at the very least, if not an album before booking him again and it doesn't look like anything is coming particularly soon although its not unheard of for artists with a trial awaiting to do features and given the size of his name people will probably be lining up to get him on their track (i guess its more a question of who wants to bite the bullet and do it first). Not sure the trial will wrap up by 2023 + recovery and show announcements will be another year. If he wants 2023 festivals lawsuits need to be done by the end of 2022 absolute latest (and many festivals get their headliners announced before then for 2023). That aside, I really cannot see lawsuits being done by the end of 2022 in all honesty, could be surprised but seems US lawsuits get dragged out ridiculously, its a 10 billion dollar lawsuit and theres so many parties involved etc. I think 2023 festivals is incredibly optimistic myself given its only a year and a half away but we can only speculate.

I wasn't saying they can't afford him, just that he might not be worth the price tag once he's back out again as stock will have dropped etc, from my perspective we'd be looking at 2024 earliest and by then the rap headliner pool will likely be pretty different or someone like Eminem/Kendrick will be back for their big spend. Looking that far ahead is pretty crazy regardless of lawsuit results because of how much the festival has been changing its headliner composition.

EDIT: just read as well there's federal investigation going on too announced 2 days ago which will make it even slower

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Promoters will want those features at the very least, if not an album before booking him again and it doesn't look like anything is coming particularly soon although its not unheard of for artists with a trial awaiting to do features and given the size of his name people will probably be lining up to get him on their track (i guess its more a question of who wants to bite the bullet and do it first). Not sure the trial will wrap up by 2023 + recovery and show announcements will be another year. If he wants 2023 festivals lawsuits need to be done by the end of 2022 absolute latest (and many festivals get their headliners announced before then for 2023). That aside, I really cannot see lawsuits being done by the end of 2022 in all honesty, could be surprised but seems US lawsuits get dragged out ridiculously, its a 10 billion dollar lawsuit and theres so many parties involved etc. I think 2023 festivals is incredibly optimistic myself given its only a year and a half away but we can only speculate.

I wasn't saying they can't afford him, just that he might not be worth the price tag once he's back out again as stock will have dropped etc, from my perspective we'd be looking at 2024 earliest and by then the rap headliner pool will likely be pretty different or someone like Eminem/Kendrick will be back for their big spend. Looking that far ahead is pretty crazy regardless of lawsuit results because of how much the festival has been changing its headliner composition.

EDIT: just read as well there's federal investigation going on too announced 2 days ago which will make it even slower

He isn't on trial, he's being sued. His attorney has already requested that Travis Scott is dismissed from the lawsuits because of how little he has to do with it. I think there's a good chance of that happening quickly, as he is the performer and is without legal liability for crowd safety, so the lawsuits should ultimately land with Live Nation. Similarly, the federal investigation is into Live Nation and not him because, again, he is the performer.

MSE 1 of: Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, The Weeknd, Drake, Eminem, Post Malone, Kendrick Lamar

MSE 1 of / MSW 2 of: The Strokes, Courteeners, The 1975, 21 Pilots, Imagine Dragons, Kasabian, Royal Blood, Fallout Boy, Paramore, Florence and the Machine, Panic at the Disco, Foals, Blossoms, Sam Fender

MSE 1 of: My Chemical Romance, Muse, Greenday, Kings of Leon, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blink 182, Metallica, Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters

MSW 1 of: Disclosure, Chase & Status, Cardi B, Lizzo, Dua Lipa, Yungblud, MGK, Doja Cat

MSE >> The Weeknd // 1975 // Muse

MSW >> Kasabian // 21 Pilots // Lizzo

Edited by Chad888

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

He isn't on trial, he's being sued. His attorney has already requested that Travis Scott is dismissed from the lawsuits because of how little he has to do with it. I think there's a good chance of that happening quickly, as he is the performer and is without legal liability for crowd safety, so the lawsuits should ultimately land with Live Nation. Similarly, the federal investigation is into Live Nation and not him because, again, he is the performer.

Thanks for that about Live Nation, still not convinced 2023 is achievable but I guess we will see 

He won’t cost as much as he used to that’s for sure, whether he manages to get out of the law suits or not, actively encouraging people to break into a festival to the point it’s over capacity and a deadly crush then occurs, is not a good look.

I for one certainly won’t be watching him if he plays

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

So if he comes back with a mohawk and Docs on, world tour? 

I am being exceedingly facetious 😛 

I understand the facetiousness - by image I mean if he suddenly becomes someone that promoters want to book again.

I can’t see that for a while - which makes me think he may stay a US bound artist for a while.

57 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

There is no way on Earth of you knowing this. 

Fair point, obv don’t know for ‘sure’ but do you really think he’s going to be able to command what he did before, knowing that a large percentage of potential audience will be turned off?

to be fair there may well be high demand for the first few shows back, after that, I suspect he will never recover to the same level, given what many now think about him. 

and that’s before the whole consideration of a fashion/ culture change in the meantime, there will obv be a swing away from that sound at some point…

On 12/26/2021 at 11:43 AM, Chad888 said:

MSE 1 of: Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, The Weeknd, Drake, Eminem, Post Malone, Kendrick Lamar

MSE 1 of / MSW 2 of: The Strokes, Courteeners, The 1975, 21 Pilots, Imagine Dragons, Kasabian, Royal Blood, Fallout Boy, Paramore, Florence and the Machine, Panic at the Disco, Foals, Blossoms, Sam Fender

MSE 1 of: My Chemical Romance, Muse, Greenday, Kings of Leon, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blink 182, Metallica, Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters

MSW 1 of: Disclosure, Chase & Status, Cardi B, Lizzo, Dua Lipa, Yungblud, MGK, Doja Cat

MSE >> The Weeknd // 1975 // Muse

MSW >> Kasabian // 21 Pilots // Lizzo

Billie, MCR, Eminem

Panic, Fender, Kasabian

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Do you think they might book Lana now? Previously I would have said no but I wouldn’t have thought R&L would book Megan or Halsey as headliners. Can’t see why they wouldn’t book Lana now other than Lana might not be bothered with it.

Megan is completely different to Lana, shes modern and relevant to the audience. Halsey is a bit of a curveball but Lana is just completely out of the picture in my eyes

8 hours ago, Arron Courtney said:

Tyler, the Creator - AJ Tracey

Muse - Idles

Green Day - Dua Lipa

I think Tyler, the Creator is a great shout actually but think he’d be MSW. Can’t see Idles doing it and I think Green Day would go down like a led balloon these days but that doesn’t mean they won’t be booked. 

I’ve already had too many guesses but I’ll have another.

The Weeknd - Foals

Billie Eilish - Machine Gun Kelly

My Chemical Romance - Kasabian

22 hours ago, gfa said:

Megan is completely different to Lana, shes modern and relevant to the audience. Halsey is a bit of a curveball but Lana is just completely out of the picture in my eyes

Maybe. My feeling though is Lana was never an option because she probably wants to headline. 6 headliners might free that up a bit more. I think quite a few R&L attendees would want to see her.

I don’t think it will happen - but my point is that R&L’s headline pool seems to have widened a bit with the 6 options. Some acts that float between sub / headline could pop up.

Edited by Matt42

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Maybe. My feeling though is Lana was never an option because she probably wants to headline. 6 headliners might free that up a bit more. I think quite a few R&L attendees would want to see her.

I don’t think it will happen - but my point is that R&L’s headline pool seems to have widened a bit with the 6 options. Some acts that float between sub / headline could pop up.

I feel like Lana is way more likely to play festivals such as Glastonbury, APE and Latitude so will never be booked for R&L. I think Halsey and Megan both suit it more as Halsey has that kind of alternative background/following and Megan is in the rap/rnb scene which is massive now so I think that’s the difference. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, foolee said:

I feel like Lana is way more likely to play festivals such as Glastonbury, APE and Latitude so will never be booked for R&L. I think Halsey and Megan both suit it more as Halsey has that kind of alternative background/following and Megan is in the rap/rnb scene which is massive now so I think that’s the difference. 

+1

The trouble with the 6 headliners thing is in reality there are 3 bone fide headliners and 3 glorified subs/co headliners.

Whichever way we try to look at it, we’ve really got 3 main headliners and three second stage headliners.

2021 and 2022 line ups seem to back this up, as do most peoples guesses/predictions for next year.