2023 Festival

TheWaters

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Never too early ay? 😉

My extremely early prediction is

The Killers/AJ Tracey

Billie Eillish/Royal Blood

Travis Scott/Wolf Alice 

Cant see Royal Blood or Wolf Alice having new albums out by then and will be the wrong time in album cycles for them. RB next year or 2024 and WA 2024

45 minutes ago, Darberry said:

Bit early ain't it pal? 😅 Surely there will be another global pandemic and 22's headliners will be rolled over to 23

if you think this is early you should see when the 2021 thread was made 😉 

In fairness i only made this thread out of boredom but i will be thoroughly surprised if i’m still going to R&L in 2023  

muse will be there

they headline every 6 or 7 years, along with rumours they’re making new stuff and the fact they’re getting ready to do a festival tour next year, it’s their turn again i reckon

be nice to have someone new but muse always put a good show on

Edited by JamieB1830

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

with recent examples of Lizzo, Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo i say that one of the 2023 headliners is maybe playing in a club right now

anyway:

The Killers / Queens Of The Stone Age

Billie Eilish / Twenty One Pilots

My Chemical Romance / YUNGBLUD

Yeah whoever is subbing 2023 is probably on soundcloud still.

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Who knows, by 2023 The Wombats might've broken free from the shackles of third down to reach the dizzying heights of a sub spot

They subbed MSW to be fair, honestly the crowd they draw year in year out warrants a sub spot anyway. If they took a 2 year break off playing R&L and didn't do massive tours of the UK every year then they would certainly take higher spots.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

They subbed MSW to be fair, honestly the crowd they draw year in year out warrants a sub spot anyway. If they took a 2 year break off playing R&L and didn't do massive tours of the UK every year then they would certainly take higher spots.

They did to be fair, they’re guaranteed to put on a decent indie gig with plenty of crowd pleasers. They’ve built up enough material now for a strong 15 song set easily. Think someone mentioned it in the 2021 post mortem but they should have swapped places with TDCC this year

20 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

They did to be fair, they’re guaranteed to put on a decent indie gig with plenty of crowd pleasers. They’ve built up enough material now for a strong 15 song set easily. Think someone mentioned it in the 2021 post mortem but they should have swapped places with TDCC this year

I think TDCC are definitely bigger but Wombats put on a better set this year, two door are quite hit and miss honestly. With their new stuff though I have to say neither band is as hit filled as they were 2-3 years ago

On 9/2/2021 at 4:14 AM, jumperofftheshelf said:

Going to guess at least one of of Sam Fender, Gerry Cinnamon, Yungblud, AJ or Aitch to headline judging from this year imo

Cinnamon will be forgotten ala Jake Bugg within 2 years. 

he’s got no where to go with that sound

Edited by Benj

9 hours ago, gfa said:

I think TDCC are definitely bigger but Wombats put on a better set this year, two door are quite hit and miss honestly. With their new stuff though I have to say neither band is as hit filled as they were 2-3 years ago

Not a massive TDCC fan on record but thought they were brilliant at Reading this year. Really surprised me. 

I base this on it being the first time I’d seen them so not bored via previous exposure 

Edited by Benj

8 hours ago, Benj said:

Cinnamon will be forgotten ala Jake Bugg within 2 years. 

he’s got no where to go with that sound

I can really see him sticking around. Probably not going to be headlining major festivals too far south but definitely not going to have the same as Jake Bugg. He puts on a good show too, would be very happy to see him back was one of my favourite sets of the weekend.