victorious 2022

retrokev

4 minutes ago, retrokev said:

would be great but have headlined already and many have not.maybe ashcroft back will be one

I doubt they’ll have him back after his last min pull out.  
Sterophonics headlined the same year that madness did (who were back this year).  Wouldn’t say it rules them out personally.  Hopefully we’ll get some clues from @JBarboursoon

36 minutes ago, sisco said:

I doubt they’ll have him back after his last min pull out.  
Sterophonics headlined the same year that madness did (who were back this year).  Wouldn’t say it rules them out personally.  Hopefully we’ll get some clues from @JBarboursoon

madness were last min stand in though.

1 hour ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

As it seems that Reading/Leeds is now losing its rock flavour, I wonder if Victorious may start putting on bigger names to fill in the void? I realise this means higher ticket prices but I think Victorious would be a great place to have them. 

Well higher prices have certainly started.  

2 hours ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

As it seems that Reading/Leeds is now losing its rock flavour, I wonder if Victorious may start putting on bigger names to fill in the void? I realise this means higher ticket prices but I think Victorious would be a great place to have them. 

You might be right. On the Glastonbury festival someone suggested that there may come a time when some of the mid-level festivals start to get bigger and then start booking stadium/multi date arena headliners.

i was truly surprised how big Victorious was as until I went, I thought of it as only a mid-sized festival. It will be interesting to see how it’s bookings go over the next few years but think you may be right with your prediction of more rock.

41 minutes ago, Dales said:

You might be right. On the Glastonbury festival someone suggested that there may come a time when some of the mid-level festivals start to get bigger and then start booking stadium/multi date arena headliners.

i was truly surprised how big Victorious was as until I went, I thought of it as only a mid-sized festival. It will be interesting to see how it’s bookings go over the next few years but think you may be right with your prediction of more rock.

It’s a tricky one to gauge really.  The headers this year were still only sub/3rd level at the likes of R&L and even lower than that at Glastonbury (JP headliner and low pyramid the last time they both played).  Boardmasters which is a similar capacity is trying the big headliner thing if I remember rightly (KOL and 1975) but they’re charging the £200 plus too.  

Personally I’d expect Victorious to continue in the vein it’s been going, the level of Foals, Snow Patrol, Stereophonics, Lian Gallagher (at a push), George Ezra, Lewis Capaldi, Chemical Brothers, James, Biffy Clyro, Paolo Nutini and Wolf Alice.  None of them would surprise me.  

Edited by sisco
Keep remembering other acts!!

For what they charge, they do put a good line-up together. I have to admit I am getting a little impatient to know who we will get, when you see other festivals releasing names. Just have to accept it will be a while and enjoy the game of trying to predict who they will get in 2022.

With what seems like absolutely everyone touring next year, hopefully we might get a surprise bigger name.

On 9/25/2021 at 7:47 AM, Bubblepopelectric said:

Interesting Tramlines have gone more rock than I would normally expect. Its built the dark fruits, bucket hat crowd over the past few years. Some rock does cross over with that crowd though. 

5 minutes ago, retrokev said:

but may get  one or two lower order acts

I struggled to find any from the main couple of stages that’s why I’ll be surprised if any from the poster are there.  Happy to be proven wrong as I’d love The Vaccines and The Coral for a start