victorious 2022

retrokev

3 hours ago, kelstar said:

Festival Map

An illustrated map showing the Victorious Festival site 2022

So the Seaside stage and field with the bandstand isn't being used at all this year. The site is actually a bit smaller.

I had (wrongly) assumed that the Comedy stage was going to be where the Seaside Stage used to be.

A shame as I like that field with the views out to sea, (but to be fair the stage was often poorly attended (with some noteable exceptions). A friend of mine was in a band that actually 'headlined' that stage one year and they played to about 10 people, They didn't care though because although they didn't get much of a fee from the organisers the PRS money was decent being a 'headliner'.

3 hours ago, kelstar said:

Festival Map

An illustrated map showing the Victorious Festival site 2022

I went for a run past the site today. So far still really only the Castle Stage being built (they always build that stage first). As others have reported the ground is bone dry. Unless we get a decent amount of rain it's going to get pretty dusty.

Castle stage 2.jpg

Castle stage.jpg

25 minutes ago, rseamer said:

So the Seaside stage and field with the bandstand isn't being used at all this year. The site is actually a bit smaller.

I had (wrongly) assumed that the Comedy stage was going to be where the Seaside Stage used to be.

A shame as I like that field with the views out to sea, (but to be fair the stage was often poorly attended (with some noteable exceptions). A friend of mine was in a band that actually 'headlined' that stage one year and they played to about 10 people, They didn't care though because although they didn't get much of a fee from the organisers the PRS money was decent being a 'headliner'.

The Seaside Stage field is off-limits for the next couple of years (in general, not just for the festival) while the flood defences are being updated.

54 minutes ago, Simsy said:

The Seaside Stage field is off-limits for the next couple of years (in general, not just for the festival) while the flood defences are being updated.

Ah yes! I forgot about that. They haven’t been using the bandstand this summer for the live at the bandstand events for that reason. 

Shame the Seaside Stage is unable to operate this year.

It was an oasis of calm away from the crush and queues last year.

Hope they aren't squeezing the same amount of people into a smaller site as a consequence.

On a practical level were the toilets and food outlets near the Kids arena more user friendly?

3 hours ago, Xabisfeet said:

Shame the Seaside Stage is unable to operate this year.

It was an oasis of calm away from the crush and queues last year.

Hope they aren't squeezing the same amount of people into a smaller site as a consequence.

On a practical level were the toilets and food outlets near the Kids arena more user friendly?

I didn't go last year but time before that I noticed they removed tons of toilets from seaside stage that used to be the quickest toilets to use. 

I found it hard to find anywhere on site where the loos/bars etc didn't have massive queues last time I went (2019)

Has Strongbow stage gone from victorious now as well then?

Its not marked on the map anymore.

Not sure if it was there last year as I didn't go. 

Also anyone know what's the beer as nothing on website, but strongbow is still listed unfortunately. Last time I went it was Amstel I think. I preferred when it used to be Coors. 

17 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Also anyone know what's the beer as nothing on website, but strongbow is still listed unfortunately. Last time I went it was Amstel I think. I preferred when it used to be Coors. 

strongbow stage was definitely there last year. and im sure it was amstel last year

8 hours ago, atomised said:

strongbow stage was definitely there last year. and im sure it was amstel last year

Saw on twitter people saying it was gone from Kendall Calling this year. 

Only fest Strongbow announced was IOW. So looks like it's gone from Viccy. Wonder if it was still be a strongbow bar that side but no DJs. 

Hope they have Strongbow Rose there as I wouldn't mind trying it, hate normal strongbow but cloudy is alright, shame they only sell it at ONE bar onsite

Everyone's right, strongbow yard is missing from this years map, But was on the previous years.....there appears to be a card only bar in its place. But Strongbow are still a sponser of Victorious.

Re Seaside Stage, or as locals call it, the bandstand: Its Partially open, They have only fenced the flat part of the field, The pathways around the top of the slopes are still open (I walked that path Sunday to look at the building work) But will imagine that will be blocked for the festival.

Edited by kelstar

5 hours ago, retrokev said:

looking forward to the fest but going to  be very hot and dusty.i  envisage a lot of people with heat stroke and sun burn

The weather won't be like it is right now surely? According to Accuweather it's only going to be 22C but tbh it's too far away to predict what the weather will be like then. Unless you heard something different?

5 hours ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

The weather won't be like it is right now surely? According to Accuweather it's only going to be 22C but tbh it's too far away to predict what the weather will be like then. Unless you heard something different?

Oh come on people, this is England - it's written in the script and it is on August Bank Holiday! The weather will break a few days before so that means it will be wet and windy! I hope not though as it's the only festival we are going to this year. Last year was immense, but my husby was a bit crocked so we had to leave earlier than expected on both days. This year will hopefully make up for it, with that stellar line-up. The only thing that concerns us is (a) that they have made the site slightly smaller, but we will deal with it; (b) Editors or Embrace? Don't think I've ever had a bigger clash!

Rumour going around Libertines are doing Reading and Leeds to replace Rage/RTJ/Maneskin as looks like all 3 are out (only one not confirmed as pull out yet is RTJ, other 2 are out, but RTJ were supporting Rage on their Euro tour so might pull for financial reasons)

Might lead to Libs holding back on their Victorious performance to sound better at Reading later in the day OR even pulling out of Victorious, hope not! 

Libs have posted 2 last minute shows just added about to be announced 

8 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Rumour going around Libertines are doing Reading and Leeds to replace Rage/RTJ/Maneskin as looks like all 3 are out (only one not confirmed as pull out yet is RTJ, other 2 are out, but RTJ were supporting Rage on their Euro tour so might pull for financial reasons)

Might lead to Libs holding back on their Victorious performance to sound better at Reading later in the day OR even pulling out of Victorious, hope not! 

It would dampen the lineup more so. Didn't realize it was £200 for this now + parking for a weekend. 

On 8/10/2022 at 11:12 PM, luckysalt said:

Last year there was a definite lack of toilets and really poor choice of drink, but I think that was supply issues and hopefully will back to its beautiful best again this year.  Really is a festival I look forward to more than any other 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, luckysalt said:

one of those 2 is a small Liverpool show

2 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Last year there was a definite lack of toilets and really poor choice of drink, but I think that was supply issues and hopefully will back to its beautiful best again this year.  Really is a festival I look forward to more than any other 

For the size Victorious is, they really should have more choice, especially if they don't have a dedicated beer/lager sponsor stopping it. 

Hopefully they have a range of Strongbow drinks and not just normal piss Strongbow. 

• Upvote 1