victorious 2022

retrokev

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Some odd placements there.  

They seem to be trying to add a fairly big act middle of the day on the lower stages 

Embrace middle of Castle below Little Man Tate. 

Scouting For Girls and James Walsh are both middle of the day on Acoutic stage.

Example is middle of the day on Beats and Swing.

9 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

They seem to be trying to add a fairly big act middle of the day on the lower stages 

Embrace middle of Castle below Little Man Tate. 

Scouting For Girls and James Walsh are both middle of the day on Acoutic stage.

Example is middle of the day on Beats and Swing.

Exactly these.  Seems to be a thing they’ve tried to do.  Maybe getting people on site early

Alright guys, been to Victorious in 2018 and 2019 (missed last year but am back this year and looking forward to it.

Am I right in thinking that Beats and Swing is now in the car park / concrete area next to the toilets and that this is where Andy C will play - if so, I think that will be banging. 

Gutted that the Seaside Stage has gone - did i read that this is because of some kind of development / building works?

My main issue is where to stay. Used to stay with friends over in Gosport which was ideal, but they have moved and i have left booking a hotel waaaaay too late and prices are massive. So, i might drive in each day - where would be the best place to park do you reckon - don't mind a bit of a walk or paying a fairly chunky price, but really don't want to get stuck in traffic each day / night. Any thoughts?

8 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

Alright guys, been to Victorious in 2018 and 2019 (missed last year but am back this year and looking forward to it.

Am I right in thinking that Beats and Swing is now in the car park / concrete area next to the toilets and that this is where Andy C will play - if so, I think that will be banging. 

Gutted that the Seaside Stage has gone - did i read that this is because of some kind of development / building works?

My main issue is where to stay. Used to stay with friends over in Gosport which was ideal, but they have moved and i have left booking a hotel waaaaay too late and prices are massive. So, i might drive in each day - where would be the best place to park do you reckon - don't mind a bit of a walk or paying a fairly chunky price, but really don't want to get stuck in traffic each day / night. Any thoughts?

If you’re on your own there’s University accommodation still available at a reasonable price.

https://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/uop-accommodation/

I stay at Harry Law Halls. It’s a 15/20 minute walk to the Festival (pub en route 😂). It’s pretty basic but has a bed and a bog and shower and is £50 a night.

3 minutes ago, John L said:

If you’re on your own there’s University accommodation still available at a reasonable price.

https://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/uop-accommodation/

I stay at Harry Law Halls. It’s a 15/20 minute walk to the Festival (pub en route 😂). It’s pretty basic but has a bed and a bog and shower and is £50 a night.

Cheers, good to know.

I am with the Mrs, I have just taken the plunge and booked a Premier Inn for Fri and Sat for the two of us (Wont drink and will drive home Sunday night to Reading). £400 for two nights, so £50 pp per night, not actually as bad as i thought it could be - when i looked a few weeks ago, the best available for anything was about £800 so, pretty chuffed. Its the city centre one which is about a 20 / 30 minute walk, but that's not too bad given we used to walk to Gunwharf and then get a ferry across to Gosport!

6 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

Yep, Beats & Swing was in the D Day car park last year, I assume it'll be in the same place this year.

The Seaside Stage field is closed for a couple of years while they do work on the flood defenses. Hopefully it'll be back when the work is finished.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 1:20 PM, Sam217 said:

Just been updating the clashfinder, and I’ve gotta say the clash between Editors and Embrace seems bizarre?

Agree - total nightmare for us as love both bands equally. Add Example into the mix as well - might have to pull names out of a hat on the day or just see where we end up! There are odd spots all over Saturday and Sunday

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sam217 said:

Gutted The Blue Stones have pulled out, but Swim Deep are a decent replacement. I hope it doesn’t become a recurring theme of bands pulling out

It's inevitable really. I used to get  excited about who I would see at festivals but thats been tamped down as I know some and maybe many will get pulled at some point ☹️

On 6/23/2022 at 1:15 PM, Dales said:

It's inevitable really. I used to get  excited about who I would see at festivals but thats been tamped down as I know some and maybe many will get pulled at some point ☹️

Not sure it’s that inevitable tbf.  Maybe the very odd one or 2 but I’ve just been to Glastonbury and considering how massive it is I’m sure there was only a few drop outs in total!!

6 hours ago, sisco said:

Not sure it’s that inevitable tbf.  Maybe the very odd one or 2 but I’ve just been to Glastonbury and considering how massive it is I’m sure there was only a few drop outs in total!!

I expected more, so hopefully that's a good sign.