victorious 2022

retrokev

1 hour ago, Twitch33 said:

Given that there are now 7 acts on Friday is it still the case that only the main stage will be open then? I guess so especially as Primal Scream are confirmed as afternoon....but I guess things are going to start up earlier this year on Friday?

only main and norm starts at 13.00

2 hours ago, Sam217 said:

I second this. Going to see them tonight in Brighton, would definitely recommend to anyone into Royal Blood/The White Stripes

Listening on the dog walk, yep fully agree.  Really decent and 100% understand he Royal Blood ref

• Like 1

Fantastic line up and I live in Portsmouth!! Been going to festivals for years and to have this on my doorstep is too great for words - some people aren't happy about booking fees etc but show me another festival this stacked for approx 50 quid a day

Personally I'm glad they didn't throw all the money at the headliners and they've played a blinder with the afternoon guest slots

Victorious gets better each year - I know there were problems with bars/toilets last year but I'm confident this year will be much improved

And the Bombay are playing - bring it on!!!

9 hours ago, Twitch33 said:

Given that there are now 7 acts on Friday is it still the case that only the main stage will be open then? I guess so especially as Primal Scream are confirmed as afternoon....but I guess things are going to start up earlier this year on Friday?

I hope not, I've only got the afternoon off work 🤣

On 3/24/2022 at 2:40 PM, Andybaggie said:

Fantastic line up and I live in Portsmouth!! Been going to festivals for years and to have this on my doorstep is too great for words - some people aren't happy about booking fees etc but show me another festival this stacked for approx 50 quid a day

Personally I'm glad they didn't throw all the money at the headliners and they've played a blinder with the afternoon guest slots

Victorious gets better each year - I know there were problems with bars/toilets last year but I'm confident this year will be much improved

And the Bombay are playing - bring it on!!!

@AndybaggieI agree, I too live in Portsmouth, and the festival has got better over the years since the first one in the dockyard.

The toilet situation last year on the Saturday was dire, and the queues for food. But the one thing I have noticed with Victorious is they do listen to complaints and try to resolve them.....although every year they do get something wrong. Fingers crossed they get enough toilets/food stalls/bars etc!

On 3/27/2022 at 9:05 AM, Sam217 said:

That was me messing around. Purely guess work so don’t read too much into it but hopefully it isn’t too far off the real thing

Nice work 👏🏻 I’m hoping OCS get a bigger slot, so many hits to squeeze in.  Also, is it a guess at the seaside/acoustic stage or have they put something out about hot chip/Turin breaks already? 

2 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Nice work 👏🏻 I’m hoping OCS get a bigger slot, so many hits to squeeze in.  Also, is it a guess at the seaside/acoustic stage or have they put something out about hot chip/Turin breaks already? 

I know there’s rumours the seaside stage is gone but I can’t see another spot that Hot Chip or Andy C fit in to, especially with Hot Chip being listed as a ‘Megamix’

as for Turin Brakes, given their placing on the poster, it seems to lineup with an Acoustic headline slot. Again though, this is purely guesswork so I could be completely wrong

3 hours ago, Sam217 said:

I know there’s rumours the seaside stage is gone but I can’t see another spot that Hot Chip or Andy C fit in to, especially with Hot Chip being listed as a ‘Megamix’

as for Turin Brakes, given their placing on the poster, it seems to lineup with an Acoustic headline slot. Again though, this is purely guesswork so I could be completely wrong

My Wife’s 1 must see is Stephen Fretwell, I was worried he’d be an acoustic headliner…. You’ve not helped! Lol.

Least we’ll get to see a bit of Paolo before we head over I guess. 

17 hours ago, sisco said:

My Wife’s 1 must see is Stephen Fretwell, I was worried he’d be an acoustic headliner…. You’ve not helped! Lol.

Least we’ll get to see a bit of Paolo before we head over I guess. 

I think Acoustic finishes before some of the other stages.

The other year I watched Friendly Fires sub on Common, watched the whole of Chris Helme on Acoustic and then got back to Common Stage before Prodigy had started. 

So you might be able to do the same this year.

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

I think Acoustic finishes before some of the other stages.

The other year I watched Friendly Fires sub on Common, watched the whole of Chris Helme on Acoustic and then got back to Common Stage before Prodigy had started. 

So you might be able to do the same this year.

Last year it finished at the same time but the headliner on acoustic started 45 mins after the main header.  So yeah, 45 mins of Paolo then off to Fretwell would be the plan