victorious 2022

retrokev

45 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Re Suede - they're usually very precious about their billing/playing long sets at festivals. I'd guess they haggled for a sub slot over NBT, but the organisers figured it'd sell more tickets to list NBT higher. Glasto put Janet Jackson on the top billing in 2019 when she was third down, so I'd imagine it's a bit like that.

They were very specific about their billing even saying the time!! Probably is Sam Fender, Suede as the top 2.  Probably Anne-Marie, Becky Hill on at the same time as them

28 minutes ago, retrokev said:

yep jake bugg is good but wont be the one thats sells out friday even tho not the headliner,thats why still think its tom or h classics

I’ve re-listened to the radio interview. Re the Friday he says -“there’s still a lot of acts to come. I think it might be a sell-out” so I’m not convinced it’ll be one massive name in that slot. Looking at the Superstruct Fests and who’s around my guess is still Shed Seven for that slot. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Connect fest line up announcement today.  Same weekend as victorious, wonder if we’ll get any cross over?  Chemical brothers, idlewild again?

1541E74E-2EF5-4B27-ACCE-67507780C1DF.png

Victorious have their headliners so it’s not going to be The Chemical Brothers.  Ride could slot in on the friday

Edited by sisco

18 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Idlewild playing the Remote Part at Connect, urgh couple decent tracks but its no 100 broken windows. 

I wonder if its Bombay Bicycle Club gunna be added to the Friday then. 

Agreed, idlewild were fantastic a few years back at victorious.  Would love to see them back but like you say, 100 broken windows please 

1 hour ago, retrokev said:

WOW. just heard Toms new track.he will fit that gap between James and Phonics. Cant wait.what a BANGER.

Do we think festivals will book him given his fairly recent past?

Edit: If you’re referring to Tom Meighan of course

Edited by John L

12 minutes ago, John L said:

Do we think festivals will book him given his fairly recent past?

Edit: If you’re referring to Tom Meighan of course

yes.been plenty in past and will still be in future.still a lot of love for him and has served his time in  eyes of many and wife

17 hours ago, retrokev said:

WOW. just heard Toms new track.he will fit that gap between James and Phonics. Cant wait.what a BANGER.

The slot is third down under James. 

I can't see it being him. Especially with Self Esteem playing below whoever it is, who's extremely femanist playing below a guy kicked out his band for beating up a woman. Victorious being a family festival as well. Won't be him.

6 hours ago, luckysalt said:

The slot is third down under James. 

I can't see it being him. Especially with Self Esteem playing below whoever it is, who's extremely femanist playing below a guy kicked out his band for beating up a woman. Victorious being a family festival as well. Won't be him.

My main guess of Shed Seven looks less likely now as they didn’t include it on the list of Festivals they we’re playing.

Hoping it’s not the Karzi Chefs.

10 minutes ago, John L said:

My main guess of Shed Seven looks less likely now as they didn’t include it on the list of Festivals they we’re playing.

Hoping it’s not the Karzi Chefs.

I would be very happy with Kaiser Chiefs 🙂

Would love Reytons to be added , saw them on Saturday and it was barbaric 😁

24 minutes ago, kelstar said:

Has anyone seen the facbook post of them painting letters....could this be a clue, as they like to sometimes announce acts by putting song lyrics up where the Victorious Letters go. The did this a few times before?

shed seven, all but the V can be seen ...

5 hours ago, kelstar said:

Has anyone seen the facbook post of them painting letters....could this be a clue, as they like to sometimes announce acts by putting song lyrics up where the Victorious Letters go. The did this a few times before?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention

5 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

shed seven, all but the V can be seen ...

Its always a song not band name. 

@sisco its the guy painting the letters on a table

So there is visable in the picture and I believe each letter is there twice as its used both sides.

In White - RR EE EE NN HH on one table

In White - SS CC AA II on another table 

In White - MM DD on another table

In Orange C O 

In Blue R and another letter you cant make out

In Green a letter you cant make out

In Yellow a letter you cant make out.

So thats R E E N H S C A I M D C O R ? ? ? 

Edited cus I think the coloured ones are for Victorious somewhere else on site. As the sign is always all White and you can see hes painted the blue as theres a blue tin of paint and hes painting the white ones white.

leaving the White as R E E N H S C A I M D 

Edited by luckysalt

So I had a quick look back

In 2017 we had IT MUST BE LOVE for Madness

In 2018 we had GOOD VIBRATIONS for Brian Wilson

So 12 letters and 14 letters 

Don't think we had this since but maybe we did and I forgot. 

R E E N H S C A I M D is 11 letters unless theres more missing

Here's the pic btw

FB_IMG_1646767185627.jpg

Edited by luckysalt