victorious 2022

retrokev

14 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Just listened to Andy on Express FM from Tuesday morning on their website.

Didnt say too much but he did say, 

Been working on Sam Fender for years and it finally fell this year. They expect his day to sell out how he's so current and is big at the moment.

Paolo Nutini approached them and asked to play, TRNSMT is his only other festival and is an English festival exclusive.

They expect Friday to sell out quickly when they do the next announcement. Wonder who that is then in the TBA slot.

Spoke briefly on the comedy, mentioned beats and swing, acoustic stages and that if you don't like some act on one stage you'll find something on another.

Didn't mention Castle Stage at all or that it's to be announced. Didn't talk about early afternoon acts which I was surprised he didn't say it's the strongest they've had I thought he would defo say that.

Said that they learnt a lot during the pandemic and festivals that didn't go ahead and carried their line ups over kept the line up and wouldn't share any acts that they asked for. Hmmm. Said about learning things during pandemic a lot. I get the impression moving forward they're going to tie more acts to exclusives and not share. 

Didn't really say anything else. Only was on for about 5 minutes and the radio host kept talking about acts from the December announcement weirdly enough. Bet that annoyed him. 

Just re listened and he said about Friday there's a lot still to be added to Friday and when we announce that we expect a quick sell out. 

And when talking about Nutini he said there's also Bastille and Kulashaker if you want something different, there's a real depth. 

So is he saying they are on other stages at the same time or just those were the first two artists who came to mind when he was trying to think of something different to Nutini and they are just on the bill that day. I wish they would just have been clear about it. 

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Just re listened and he said about Friday there's a lot still to be added to Friday and when we announce that we expect a quick sell out. 

And when talking about Nutini he said there's also Bastille and Kulashaker if you want something different, there's a real depth. 

So is he saying they are on other stages at the same time or just those were the first two artists who came to mind when he was trying to think of something different to Nutini and they are just on the bill that day. I wish they would just have been clear about it. 

Looking at the poster (and previous) plus that interview…. It’s either Bastille and Anne-Marie as castle headliners or they’ve not been announced yet 

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Looking at the poster (and previous) plus that interview…. It’s either Bastille and Anne-Marie as castle headliners or they’ve not been announced yet 

That was pretty much my thinking. The interview seemed to point to Bastille being up against Nutini. That would really work for me 

2 hours ago, sisco said:

5 minutes ago, atomised said:

That was pretty much my thinking. The interview seemed to point to Bastille being up against Nutini. That would really work for me 

I have a feeling it is Bastille and Anne Marie now. 

But if Suede are indeed subbing Fender. Why are Nothing but Thieves placed above them on the poster? Cus you would think Becky Hill would play under Anne Marie. 

Also the way he's talking about Friday, it makes you think Castle stage is going to be running that day as well. Maybe it is this year?

Ok. Just saw something interesting apparently the Castle Field is now shut off and a road is to be put in place throughout there so I assume there is no longer a Castle Stage hence why there's no mention of Castle headliners.

There won't be any. 

I assume they will try and make the Seaside Stage the big second stage then. 

2 minutes ago, atomised said:

Looks from that like it's the field used for the seaside stage that is inaccessible. Looks like the castle field is just the diversion route round the edges

You're right yeah looks like Seaside stage is gone. But the road they've put in at Castle is where the bars normally are. 

Gunna be a different looking site this year for sure.

30 minutes ago, retrokev said:

why would they say there are lots to be added friday and the special act will sell out all tickets? Unless they are going to add castle to friday . very strange but exciting

Maybe add Idles as a possible. Can’t see how anyone can play third down and sell out all the tickets! 

1 hour ago, retrokev said:

how about tom jones b4 phonics. could do duet with kelly and be a draw crowd wise for all those knicker throwing ladies

Good shout, he’s supporting them at the Cardiff gig too.  Would love Pixies to get thrown in somewhere, seem to be playing every other festival! 

3 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Good shout, he’s supporting them at the Cardiff gig too.  Would love Pixies to get thrown in somewhere, seem to be playing every other festival! 

Pixies appear fully booked sadly. I can't believe Victorious still haven't had them.

Tom Jones is a great shout. But I think it's going to be a hot young act for that TBA surely.

25 minutes ago, PSi said:

Just browsing the other festivals, and I hadn't realised Bastille are playing both Victorious, and Reading & Leeds. Does that ever happen usually, and if so, could there be any more crossover do you think?

Quite unusual I’d say, especially towards the top of the bill. 

Re Suede - they're usually very precious about their billing/playing long sets at festivals. I'd guess they haggled for a sub slot over NBT, but the organisers figured it'd sell more tickets to list NBT higher. Glasto put Janet Jackson on the top billing in 2019 when she was third down, so I'd imagine it's a bit like that.

• Upvote 1