victorious 2022

retrokev

2 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

Tom Meighan? he's touring and openly said he is doing festivals? 

I doubt he would do one where Kasabian are playing so could fit in

Yeah I did wonder if they’d wait a while to announce him.

Pigeon Detectives are about, they’d be fun. 

On 2/8/2022 at 11:30 AM, Jack01825 said:

Friday TBA.....shed seven? would be a perfect fit 

I think this is the most likely outcome. They are at Camper Calling that weekend with James so very much in the frame. Kaiser Chiefs would be my second guess. They’re also around. Not a fan personally but they seem to still retain some popularity. Agree that wouldn’t leave much for the yoof on the Friday but as I’m old I don’t really care 😂

So Anne-Marie has been announced as one of the headliners for Big Feastival.  Rag N Bone Man and Nile Rodgers & Chic we’re there last year too.  So going by that Anne-Marie is certainly Case Header or Main Sun.  

Personally don’t think they’d have 2 younger acts headline stages at the same time so I reckon suede have got it wrong and they’re playing Castle sub whilst Anne-Marie subs the main stage

Edited by sisco

3 hours ago, sisco said:

So Anne-Marie has been announced as one of the headliners for Big Feastival.  Rag N Bone Man and Nile Rodgers & Chic we’re there last year too.  So going by that Anne-Marie is certainly Case Header or Main Sun.  

Personally don’t think they’d have 2 younger acts headline stages at the same time so I reckon suede have got it wrong and they’re playing Castle sub whilst Anne-Marie subs the main stage

so if thats the case who would fit in after suede to fin castle off? same sat if bastille are not head

1 hour ago, atomised said:

It's have to be Nothing But Thieves surely on the Sunday if that were the case 

I really hope not. Personally, Sam Fender and Nothing But Thieves are two of my absolute favourite artists at the moment, the thought of them clashing is terrifying. But I’m sure I’m not alone and that there’s a lot of crossover in the two fanbases.

Surely from past years it could be a slightly more nostalgic act. Maybe Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott? 

1 hour ago, Sam217 said:

I really hope not. Personally, Sam Fender and Nothing But Thieves are two of my absolute favourite artists at the moment, the thought of them clashing is terrifying. But I’m sure I’m not alone and that there’s a lot of crossover in the two fanbases.

Surely from past years it could be a slightly more nostalgic act. Maybe Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott? 

at iow

10 hours ago, sisco said:

7 hours ago, retrokev said:

so if thats the case who would fit in after suede to fin castle off? same sat if bastille are not head

Maybe (and this is wishful thinking on my part) Castle headliner on Sunday is Placebo. 

Can't be announced yet due to Bearded Theory headline slot? 

Imagine a top 3 of Placebo, Suede and Editors. 

Saturday I can see OCS subbing Castle so someone suitable to them but I can't think of anyone who's about and the size who's available. I tell you who would be ace and attract a different crowd to Paolo, Pet Shop Boys. Actually they would fit above Suede as well. 

6 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Maybe (and this is wishful thinking on my part) Castle headliner on Sunday is Placebo. 

Can't be announced yet due to Bearded Theory headline slot? 

Imagine a top 3 of Placebo, Suede and Editors. 

Saturday I can see OCS subbing Castle so someone suitable to them but I can't think of anyone who's about and the size who's available. I tell you who would be ace and attract a different crowd to Paolo, Pet Shop Boys. Actually they would fit above Suede as well. 

We’ve had a poster and now we’ve got even more questions 😂

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, thetime said:

How do you get from the train station to the camping site? Is it straight forward? 

The train station to the actually festival site is about a 15 min walk.  Then you’d need to get the bus over to the camping area (sure someone said it takes 20 mins or so)

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 10:18 AM, sisco said:

I just saw this announcement, so their headliners are Stereophonics, Anne Marie and Human League. 

Human League headlining the Friday night. Maybe they might headline Castle stage at Victorious then? 

Would certainly appeal to a different crowd than either of Sat/Sun headliners, id watch them over Nutini or Fender

On 2/9/2022 at 7:24 AM, Sam217 said:

Looking back at last years clashfinder I reckon it was Crystal Tides. They’re a Portsmouth band as well, and I saw them at this tiny indoor festival at the Wedgewood Rooms called Golden Touch. There’s something amazing about discovering new music you’ve never heard of before you hear it live.

A band I’m really hoping make an appearance are The Royston Club. Again they were at Golden Touch and I’m hoping they become massive because they are class

Thanks Sam217 - It was definitely Crystal Tides, I knew they were a local band because they mentioned Craig David being a "scummer" at the time - they were quality - that was how to smash a car park apart in the afternoon! Will look up The Royston Club and see what they are like 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John L said:

Are we sure the Castle headliners are not already announced? I could see The Wombats headlining against Nutini?

I did wonder about that as why not make a big thing of saying we still have 2 Castle Headliners to come if you do?

I would certainly  be  happyu with the Wombats headlining.

Just listened to Andy on Express FM from Tuesday morning on their website.

Didnt say too much but he did say, 

Been working on Sam Fender for years and it finally fell this year. They expect his day to sell out how he's so current and is big at the moment.

Paolo Nutini approached them and asked to play, TRNSMT is his only other festival and is an English festival exclusive.

They expect Friday to sell out quickly when they do the next announcement. Wonder who that is then in the TBA slot.

Spoke briefly on the comedy, mentioned beats and swing, acoustic stages and that if you don't like some act on one stage you'll find something on another.

Didn't mention Castle Stage at all or that it's to be announced. Didn't talk about early afternoon acts which I was surprised he didn't say it's the strongest they've had I thought he would defo say that.

Said that they learnt a lot during the pandemic and festivals that didn't go ahead and carried their line ups over kept the line up and wouldn't share any acts that they asked for. Hmmm. Said about learning things during pandemic a lot. I get the impression moving forward they're going to tie more acts to exclusives and not share. 

Didn't really say anything else. Only was on for about 5 minutes and the radio host kept talking about acts from the December announcement weirdly enough. Bet that annoyed him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Just listened to Andy on Express FM from Tuesday morning on their website.

Didnt say too much but he did say, 

Been working on Sam Fender for years and it finally fell this year. They expect his day to sell out how he's so current and is big at the moment.

Paolo Nutini approached them and asked to play, TRNSMT is his only other festival and is an English festival exclusive.

They expect Friday to sell out quickly when they do the next announcement. Wonder who that is then in the TBA slot.

Spoke briefly on the comedy, mentioned beats and swing, acoustic stages and that if you don't like some act on one stage you'll find something on another.

Didn't mention Castle Stage at all or that it's to be announced. Didn't talk about early afternoon acts which I was surprised he didn't say it's the strongest they've had I thought he would defo say that.

Said that they learnt a lot during the pandemic and festivals that didn't go ahead and carried their line ups over kept the line up and wouldn't share any acts that they asked for. Hmmm. Said about learning things during pandemic a lot. I get the impression moving forward they're going to tie more acts to exclusives and not share. 

Didn't really say anything else. Only was on for about 5 minutes and the radio host kept talking about acts from the December announcement weirdly enough. Bet that annoyed him. 

Cheers for the info  mate.