victorious 2022

retrokev

Loving the idea that the Castle Headliners are still to be announced and can see the logic as indeed why not point out who they are if they are on the poster.

its a loaded lineup even with out the idea of Castle Sat & Sun to come with the TBA on Friday. To be honest the only reason I like the idea of Castle headliners to come is to avoid the Sam/Suede clash.

Suede in to Sam Fender, i’m a happy chap. My partner had already told me that I would be going to see Suede on my own while she saw Sammy if they clashed. As seeing him this year at Wembley Arena, Finsbury Park and supporting the Killers is not enough Sam for one year. Still think she might cave and do the extra day at Madcool for more Sam.

18 minutes ago, Jack01825 said:

Maybe this Means Anne Marie headlines Castle with NBT as lead support? 

Was Hoping NBT would be sub to fender so i wouldn't have to move hahah

I thought Anne Marie could only be sub or Castle Headliner.  Seems odd that now Suede have said they’re doing it and the festival hasn’t mentioned who is headlining the Castle stage.

I gotta say though looking at that poster again, just how can they be subbing Common Stage. 

Both Anne Marie and Nothing But Thieves listed above them and that would surely mean Anne Marie headlining Castle and they won't clash Anne Marie and Fender???

If Anne Marie is 3rd down main, why would she be listed higher? 

Surely it's Suede subbing Castle stage

3 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I gotta say though looking at that poster again, just how can they be subbing Common Stage. 

Both Anne Marie and Nothing But Thieves listed above them and that would surely mean Anne Marie headlining Castle and they won't clash Anne Marie and Fender???

If Anne Marie is 3rd down main, why would she be listed higher? 

Surely it's Suede subbing Castle stage

I agree, I actually think they’ve got confused.  Also if you looked at the write up Anne-Marie gets mentioned as one of the big acts and Suede are in the blurb. 

Edited by sisco

11 hours ago, sisco said:

How on earth did they get The Libs as the special guest! Great stuff

I actually thought they were very likely given the hint yesterday. And most likely so they get a good crowd given they've dwindled a lot. I would have enough probably on Sunday to justify the price but the distance to travel for it I probably don't

15 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I actually thought they were very likely given the hint yesterday. And most likely so they get a good crowd given they've dwindled a lot. I would have enough probably on Sunday to justify the price but the distance to travel for it I probably don't

Great contribution…. Thanks

15 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

maybe so they dont have such a drunk and manic crowd

If no new big names are added, knowing that Suede are not headlining a stage And with Ann-Marie & Nothing But Thieves on the same line of the poster. I would call Anne-Marie headlining Castle with Becky Hill & Example high up that stage lineup.

Think Bastille might headline Castle also but who ever plays that day for me they would beat Paulo hands down. Be happy with Bastille or Wombats. Although odd there is no TBC for the Castle headliners or laying out who it is if they are on the poster.

Get the feeling I will have plenty of tuff decisions to make based on stages and times. The only easy one to call is I will not be watching Paulo N.

Also hoping that Amy McDonald plays some time during the day and does not end up headlining the acoustic stage.

43 minutes ago, Dales said:

If no new big names are added, knowing that Suede are not headlining a stage And with Ann-Marie & Nothing But Thieves on the same line of the poster. I would call Anne-Marie headlining Castle with Becky Hill & Example high up that stage lineup.

Think Bastille might headline Castle also but who ever plays that day for me they would beat Paulo hands down. Be happy with Bastille or Wombats. Although odd there is no TBC for the Castle headliners or laying out who it is if they are on the poster.

Get the feeling I will have plenty of tuff decisions to make based on stages and times. The only easy one to call is I will not be watching Paulo N.

Also hoping that Amy McDonald plays some time during the day and does not end up headlining the acoustic stage.

You’ll defo be fine with Amy McDonald, surely no chance she’ll headline such a small stage.  

@JBarbour any chance you can help with the Castle Headliners?!

I am pretty stoked with the whole line-up overall, apart from Nutini headlining Saturday - I don't get that one, but then again I was hoping for Biffy lol or at least Franz Ferdinand! Against Nutini though, Bastille are amazingly popular - putting them on the Castle Stage could be a massive mistake - we couldn't get anywhere near the main stage to see them at IOW 2019 or at Latitude last year for the re-orchestrated. I have some juggling acts to do, especially on Sunday. Who were the rock/indie band I loved last year that played on the tiny stage in the car park bit on Saturday, around mid-afternoon and absolutely smashed it? That's what I love about this particular festival - always something new to discover!

Edited by Musemonster

7 hours ago, Musemonster said:

I am pretty stoked with the whole line-up overall, apart from Nutini headlining Saturday - I don't get that one, but then again I was hoping for Biffy lol or at least Franz Ferdinand! Against Nutini though, Bastille are amazingly popular - putting them on the Castle Stage could be a massive mistake - we couldn't get anywhere near the main stage to see them at IOW 2019 or at Latitude last year for the re-orchestrated. I have some juggling acts to do, especially on Sunday. Who were the rock/indie band I loved last year that played on the tiny stage in the car park bit on Saturday, around mid-afternoon and absolutely smashed it? That's what I love about this particular festival - always something new to discover!

Looking back at last years clashfinder I reckon it was Crystal Tides. They’re a Portsmouth band as well, and I saw them at this tiny indoor festival at the Wedgewood Rooms called Golden Touch. There’s something amazing about discovering new music you’ve never heard of before you hear it live.

A band I’m really hoping make an appearance are The Royston Club. Again they were at Golden Touch and I’m hoping they become massive because they are class

15 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think Pete and Carl would care. Pete probably won't know he's even there lol.

exactly .having seen several times the crowd get very unruley ,which great for own gigs but not for a fest serving alsorts of people and kids.so  putting on earlier in day less chance of everyone being pissed and pumped up and a shorter greatest hits set.for me a bonus just to see again but would of liked a head set