victorious 2022

retrokev

3 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Oh are they. 

Maybe its a case of Viccy putting the pop act on main and the second stage being the indie rock act like when Rudimental headlined main and Bloc Party did Castle or Streets on main and Manics on Castle.

Hoping for this, this year. 

Well we’ll see tomoz mate.  Can’t wait.  I’ll be honest, loved it last year, the kids loved it and the people we go with loved it.  So the music, of course we all want this that and whatever but I’ll have a great time whatever 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

Interesting if they have Paolo as Headliner, I'd say both Wombats and NBT are bigger atm?

Paolo has been on a big break and his only announced festival seems to be a Scottish One.  Suppose it’s quite a good get for Victorious and fits with the size of acts they’ve had over the years.  Personally had hoped they’d go bigger but with a decent undercard it’s far from bad.  Have to say if Wombats and NBT are 3rd that’s pretty strong 

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Paolo has been on a big break and his only announced festival seems to be a Scottish One.  Suppose it’s quite a good get for Victorious and fits with the size of acts they’ve had over the years.  Personally had hoped they’d go bigger but with a decent undercard it’s far from bad.  Have to say if Wombats and NBT are 3rd that’s pretty strong 

I've just looked him up and all his albums have gone at least Platinum which I didn't realise. If we've got some equally strong support as Wombats/NBT on both those days (so Paolo and 2 big undercards) then it should definitely be decent.  

4 minutes ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

I've just looked him up and all his albums have gone at least Platinum which I didn't realise. If we've got some equally strong support as Wombats/NBT on both those days (so Paolo and 2 big undercards) then it should definitely be decent.  

Yeah whether we’re happy/sad or whatever in between it’s still quite a good get for The festival.

Hopefully by the time we’re awake we’ll know for sure anyway!

Sam Fender, Paolo Nutini, The Liberines, Primal Scream, Suede, Ann Marie, Inhaler, Bastille, Kula Shaker, Example, White Lies, The Subways, Turin Brakes, Any McDonald, Andy C and a Hot Chip DJ Set…

Oh and a comedy lineup with Joel Dummett and Kathy Ryan

Not too bad

Edited by sisco
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Sam Fender, Paolo Nutini, The Liberines, Primal Scream, Suede, Ann Marie, Inhaler, Bastille, Kula Shaker, Example, White Lies, The Subways, Turin Brakes, Any McDonald, Andy C and a Hot Chip DJ Set…

Not too bad

If that’s true then I’m now in. Funny old game.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Not too bad

where did you hear this? 

Quite happy in the end if true 🙂

4 minutes ago, Jack01825 said:

where did you hear this? 

Quite happy in the end if true 🙂

A Portsmouth news paper.  Search on Google you’ll find it. 

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/victorious-festival-sam-fender-and-paolo-nutini-announced-as-headliners-plus-anne-marie-primal-scream-joel-dommett-and-katherine-ryan-join-the-bill-3558543?amp

Edited by sisco
There you go

5 minutes ago, retrokev said:

for me that is a huge line up and one of the best its had .very strong undercard.going to be a few clashes coming up

Trying to work out placings.  Not easy to understand at all

Quite a few less acts on the poster this time too

Edited by sisco

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

I was presuming Ann-Marie was a castle headliner but they normally say who they are and she’s just listed as playing Sunday.  Presuming she’s under Sam Fender

Think The Wombats will headline Castle against Nutini, which would make sense.

Hope NBT are against Fender but I’ve got a horrible feeling it will be Suede which would be a nightmare for me.