victorious 2022

retrokev

Likely-hood of Franz Ferdinand or Kaiser Chiefs playing again? I know that Franz Ferdinand have an album coming out at some point but I'm unsure if they would play festivals for it. Not sure of anything with Kaiser Chiefs, just that they played in the past and haven't done in a few years. 

33 minutes ago, JamesW said:

Likely-hood of Franz Ferdinand or Kaiser Chiefs playing again? I know that Franz Ferdinand have an album coming out at some point but I'm unsure if they would play festivals for it. Not sure of anything with Kaiser Chiefs, just that they played in the past and haven't done in a few years. 

could get franz

7 hours ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

Must be showing my age but Foals? Sam Fender? For headliners? If the Phonics are headlining on the Fri then surely someone bigger will be the Sunday headliner?

You would think so but its hard to under estimate just how popular Sam Fender is and its not just hype, he is pretty damn good.

I have been convinced by others that we will get Sam Fender and would not be surprised if it ended up being an older act like Kasabian or someone like Bombay Bicycle Club (who were low down on the poster before the pandemic)

57 minutes ago, Dales said:

You would think so but its hard to under estimate just how popular Sam Fender is and its not just hype, he is pretty damn good.

I have been convinced by others that we will get Sam Fender and would not be surprised if it ended up being an older act like Kasabian or someone like Bombay Bicycle Club (who were low down on the poster before the pandemic)

Kasabian are playing IOW so they won’t be there.  That being said I wouldn’t be surprised if Tom Meighan played.

Florence and the Machine is another doing the rounds, maybe a possible for this I guess, Foals haven’t really announced anything, KOL and George Ezra have Boardmasters but could double up I guess (although maybe to big).  I think we had Stereophonics and Sam Fender picked for quite a while but that 3rd header and undercard is a bit of a mystery.  (Although I could see Bombay Bicycle club as a sub)

Edited by sisco

56 minutes ago, John L said:

Fender certain to be there but not sure he’d headline this yet. Maybe a co-headline with George Ezra. Think Foals  a shout for other headline slot (Florence for Latitude perhaps) and agree Shed Seven and BBC (castle headline?) are likely to be there.

Foals and Sam Fender not big enough to headline A festival headlined by The Streets, Madness and Royal Blood last year….

Come on now

George Ezra headlining Boardmasters but a co-headline here….

Lets stop it

8 minutes ago, sisco said:

Foals and Sam Fender not big enough to headline A festival headlined by The Streets, Madness and Royal Blood last year….

Come on now

Lets stop it

Yeah, George Ezra as a co-headliner is pretty hilarious.

7 minutes ago, sisco said:

Come on now

Lets stop it

This Festival looks to have a bigger capacity than Boardmasters so I don’t think that’s impossible.

I never said Foals weren’t big enough enough to headline, in fact I suggested them as possible headliners!

As for Fender, I’m not disputing his current popularity but different festivals cater for different audiences and this Festival tends to have well established headliners. That said, if Fender was to headline, I think it would go down well.

George Ezra is a MASSIVE ticket shifter. The only reason he doesn't headline bigger is because he comes with a bit of a pop stink these days which a lot of festivals don't like to touch. He wouldn't co-headline ANY festival. He'd outright headline any festival that'd book him, outside of Glastonbury, which is obviously a different beast.

8 minutes ago, John L said:

This Festival looks to have a bigger capacity than Boardmasters so I don’t think that’s impossible.

I never said Foals weren’t big enough enough to headline, in fact I suggested them as possible headliners!

As for Fender, I’m not disputing his current popularity but different festivals cater for different audiences and this Festival tends to have well established headliners. That said, if Fender was to headline, I think it would go down well.

Sorry, when you said other headliner for some reason my mind went to 2nd stage (like Glastonbury).  

I think with Stereophonics there the older goer is catered for.  Fender is in the Royal Blood type mould for the younger goer

1 minute ago, DomDom1984 said:

Aye, it's not like Royal Blood were well established headliners. You won't find many festivals who won't put new headliners out there if they're the right type, and Sam Fender and Foals are definitely the right type for Victorious.

And victorious always share a headliner with certain festivals.  Sam Fender is the one that’s playing those festivals that can headline this (unless you count the Courteeners but can’t see that down here)

Just now, sisco said:

And victorious always share a headliner with certain festivals.  Sam Fender is the one that’s playing those festivals that can headline this (unless you count the Courteeners but can’t see that down here)

That last thing actually went through my head there :lol:

Further south you go, lesser they get. I don't think they'd fit. I think if they did, they'd probably have headlined it by now.

Just now, DomDom1984 said:

That last thing actually went through my head there :lol:

Further south you go, lesser they get. I don't think they'd fit. I think if they did, they'd probably have headlined it by now.

The 3rd header for this is interesting though.

Foals, George Ezra, KOL, Florence and the Machine, Snow Patrol all possibles I guess.  Probably someone completely different 😂

it would be odd having 2 solo artists headlining, saturday sam fender , sunday Ezra. 

I think the sunday needs a Band to close the show with maybe a solo on castle stage like Ashcroft , Tom Mieghan etc...

Foals.....Perfect 

outside guess - primal scream??

Edited by Jack01825