victorious 2022

retrokev

We’re tempted to go again but would need to find reasonably priced accommodation. Unfortunately the place we stayed this year has already jumped in price.  

Was pretty impressed by it though and would recommend it as a really good festival to go to.

Headiners…

Friday - James

Saturday - Liam Gallagher

Sunday - Wolf Alice

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think they'll get Muse but the others wouldn't surprise me.

In the olden days V Festival used to test out potential bands for the following year by playing them over the tannoy. I might be reading something into nothing but I heard Muse over the speakers at least two or three times over the course of the weekend.

I agree they would be a big booking but perhaps their stock has fallen slightly in recent years and Victorious is a big festival after all.

Think they would shift a lot of tickets.

I was very surprised by just how big Victorious is and the amount of people who attended. I dont know if this year was more then

I will take a punt on these but not even sure who will be about next year.

Fri - Bombay Bicycle Club

Sat - Liam Gallagher

Sun - Wolf Alice

3 hours ago, seanz25 said:

The increase in price of tickets suggests they’re looking to make a jump again in the size of acts. Either that or they’re just accounting for lost COVID money.

Tramlines has increased as well.  Probably just the Super Struct pricing policy as they own both Festivals now.  Still excellent value at the Early Bird rates.

27 minutes ago, Dales said:

I was very surprised by just how big Victorious is and the amount of people who attended. I dont know if this year was more then

I will take a punt on these but not even sure who will be about next year.

Fri - Bombay Bicycle Club

Sat - Liam Gallagher

Sun - Wolf Alice

Me too! I thought it was meant to be a small festival with a smaller crowd, how wrong I was! Would love to know how many attended per day. People I spoke to who attend most years said there were way more than usual.

Definitely a hike in prices. I think the first ever one was like… £10 a day? The dockyard one was super small in comparison though obviously  

I also heard Muse a lot and The Killers. The Killers are touring next year as well.

I’d love to see something like The Cure or Blondie maybe as well. Ooh, or Green Day (unlikely Lol)

Edited by WhatADin

2 hours ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

Me too! I thought it was meant to be a small festival with a smaller crowd, how wrong I was! Would love to know how many attended per day. People I spoke to who attend most years said there were way more than usual.

That Saturdrday crowd in particular was huge and don't even remember any day being advertised as sold out at any point.

6 hours ago, seanz25 said:

The increase in price of tickets suggests they’re looking to make a jump again in the size of acts. Either that or they’re just accounting for lost COVID money.

Wow they have bumped up haven’t they. Must admit due to age and lack of fitness I’ve gone for premium last couple of years. That would now cost £275 up from £236.50 this year including the very high booking fees.

Unfortunately unless the line up is massively up my street I’ll be swerving it now and just do a couple of days at London festivals instead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhatADin said:

I also heard Muse a lot and The Killers. The Killers are touring next year as well.

I’d love to see something like The Cure or Blondie maybe as well  

I thought it was busy this year, imagine how packed it would be with Muse, The Killers & The Cure. That would be some event.

I think your suggestion of Blondie would tick a lot of boxes for the older mixed crowd that it seems to attract.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dales said:

I thought it was busy this year, imagine how packed it would be with Muse, The Killers & The Cure. That would be some event.

I think your suggestion of Blondie would tick a lot of boxes for the older mixed crowd that it seems to attract.

Yeah I think Blondie would be a good shout. I doubt that they would get all those 😂 it would be chaos. Also they tend to have a younger/newer act as well, something more dancey. 

I was thinking maybe the Pixies may be a shout as they’re doing a European festival in 2022. 

• Like 1

Just now, WhatADin said:

Yeah I think Blondie would be a good shout. I doubt that they would get all those 😂 it would be chaos. Also they tend to have a younger/newer act as well, something more dancey. 

I was thinking maybe the Pixies may be a shout as they’re doing a European festival in 2022. 

I forgot The Pixies are about next year, they would be a top booking and probably around the right size.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

Definitely a hike in prices. I think the first ever one was like… £10 a day? The dockyard one was super small in comparison though obviously  

I’d love to see something like The Cure or Blondie maybe as well. Ooh, or Green Day (unlikely Lol)

The prices don't seem much different from this year? £49 including booking fee for Saturday and Sunday is a snip.