Covid discussions here please

airwaves

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Always going to happen wasn't it? Kids contacts in schools etc etc. 260 ish tickets from 15,000 ish though. 2% ish of people.

Yeah Im an "ish" kind math guy 

I don't know what happened with Green Man and lattitude so no idea if this is about right or not. 2% of tickets available unsold at knock down prices is pretty wild though

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Always going to happen wasn't it? Kids contacts in schools etc etc.

Can you not still roll tickets over to 2022 if prevented from going by a positive test? Or has the festival constantly tweeting about Twickets meant people haven't paid attention to that?

Edited by SweepingTheNation

6 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Can you not still roll tickets over to 2022 if prevented from going by a positive test? Or has the festival constantly tweeting about Twickets meant people haven't paid attention to that?

you can but it's a been a tough 18 months, people might want the money

Yeh it shutdown at 11. Someone mentioned this in a ticket sale thread. Any largish event usually has a fair bit (5%ish) of movement ticket wise on the secondary market close to the end. Probably on the higher end with Covid and Covid means less of them being picked up as of you weren't commited already you're unlikely to decide to go now.  Doubt it'll be noticeable at the event.

I do wonder how many other diseases are going around festivals that aren't covid (thanks to not having these big events in so long), or perhaps variants that aren't as easily picked up by PCR? I got very sick after Boardmasters with covid symptoms yet tested negative, and we all know about the effectiveness of LFTs. I imagine Boardmasters/Reading/Leeds will have much higher rates of spread than the fests with an older target audience, I hope so anyway!

I gave the Big Top and Tipi a swerve all weekend as I just wanted to manage risk (I am double-vaxxed but am/was on the 'clinically vulnerable' list due to a suppressed immune system). 

It didn't make much difference to my weekend as I normally float between Garden and Woods anyway. 

Home last night as I have to work today, did a lateral flow which was negative but I will continue doing so this week. 

Overall I felt it was a really Covid-safe event, apart from the odd person who didn't give enough personal space, but easy to navigate away from them. 

3 minutes ago, juliadevitt said:

Bugger. I went in both music tents but still testing negative

I know one of our group has since had a negative test but only a LF and will keep testing this week.  I bailed out at 10pm last night feeling crap; thought it was a touch of heat stroke from standing in the sun all day. Had a PCR a coup,e of hours ago so let’s see what that says. 

26 minutes ago, SighMo said:

I know one of our group has since had a negative test but only a LF and will keep testing this week.  I bailed out at 10pm last night feeling crap; thought it was a touch of heat stroke from standing in the sun all day. Had a PCR a coup,e of hours ago so let’s see what that says. 

It’s the chance we take . I won’t relax until the end of the week and if I get it , so be it. There were too many bands I wanted to see in the big top and tipi.

I hope your symptoms are mild if your PCR is positive. 

• Like 1

Joined 2 or 3 lively sets (moshpit for Lazarus, a good old dance to WH Lung and the edge of dry Cleaning's pit) and booked a PCR straight away yesterday. Result just back negative, can't quite believe that's 3 o/o 3 negative for a festival summer where I pretty much haven't held back. Double jabbed maybe might have helped, but I sure have #ahem# exposed myself, feeling slightly lucky right now.

• Like 1