Covid discussions here please

airwaves

2 minutes ago, Tomos_ said:

Just got an email from National Express. Looks like COVID-19 checks will be before we get on the coach with an 'End of the Road representative'. I assume this is to make it a quicker process once we get there...

Sensible idea really. Hope it goes smoothly and there's not many arguments!

A quick question, as I've not had to do this before

I've just done a lateral flow test, (it was negative) reported it on the NHS site and (almost immediately) got an SMS with that information in. Is that enough to get me in?

12 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I've just done a lateral flow test, (it was negative) reported it on the NHS site and (almost immediately) got an SMS with that information in. Is that enough to get me in?

Need to download the NHS app and check it appears there (it's different to the track and trace app).

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I thought SMS or Email was what was needed but after reading information again looks like NHS app 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yes, with the minor caveat that at other festivals so far although they've all said "within the past 48 hours" on their web sites, at the gates that's generally been interpreted as "same day or the day before" for the sake of simplicity, so I'd suggest doing another one Tomorrow or Thursday.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

Need to download the NHS app and check it appears there (it's different to the track and trace app).

11 minutes ago, wolfamongwolves said:

I thought SMS or Email was what was needed but after reading information again looks like NHS app 

Pretty sure that the mentions of the NHS app are for PCR test results:

If you cannot access your NHS Covid Pass for whatever reason, or if you do not receive a vaccination status letter in time, you will need to provide evidence of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test, by reporting the result here and presenting your NHS email or text notification at the entry gates.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Yes, with the minor caveat that at other festivals so far although they've all said "within the past 48 hours" on their web sites, at the gates that's generally been interpreted as "same day or the day before" for the sake of simplicity, so I'd suggest doing another one Tomorrow or Thursday.

That's an excellent point, yeah, you're right. Thanks

After a day in Bristol it's been a bit of an eye opener how people are treating things here compared to Dublin at least.  I knew you all got the sign off from on high to go do what you want but I assumed there'd be at least some consistency with signage in private businesses but most seemed ignored by their own staff. 

I can see how the predictions of people just throwing caution to the wind at the festival are being made here now.  After the third time you're the only person bothering to stick on a mask to go to the toilet its easy to lean towards not bothering. 

It is completely monkey brain stuff where if enough other people are taking the risk you'll assume it's safe to go ahead yourself.  It'll be super hard to stick to whatever preconceived notion of your Covid plan was when you get on the ground. 

• Like 1

Similarly, having gone to my first gig since the pandemic started (Caribou outdoors at Dreamland in Margate) most people were just acting pretty much like a normal outdoor gig, rushing to the front and dancing around packed together. Nothing wrong with that, really, the outdoor transmission risk is so relatively low. Hardly anyone bothered putting masks on to go into the toilets. I stood at the back. It was a fairly small capacity and not sold out so plenty of space around me.

I have decided to avoid the Tipi and the Big Top altogether this year. There are plenty of bands I can see on the Garden/Woods/Talking Heads stages for me to get a great festival out of the weekend so I have just made that personal choice for my own peace of mind rather than having to make case by case decisions.

15 minutes ago, cowowl said:

Similarly, having gone to my first gig since the pandemic started (Caribou outdoors at Dreamland in Margate) most people were just acting pretty much like a normal outdoor gig, rushing to the front and dancing around packed together. Nothing wrong with that, really, the outdoor transmission risk is so relatively low. Hardly anyone bothered putting masks on to go into the toilets. I stood at the back. It was a fairly small capacity and not sold out so plenty of space around me.

I have decided to avoid the Tipi and the Big Top altogether this year. There are plenty of bands I can see on the Garden/Woods/Talking Heads stages for me to get a great festival out of the weekend so I have just made that personal choice for my own peace of mind rather than having to make case by case decisions.

I was at that gig too, first one back for a while and similarly, felt that a) it was open air and a very breezy evening and b) there was a pretty low turnout for that gig, loads and loads of space,  so I didn't feel too worried. Suspect this weekend will be a bit different.

3 hours ago, snipe said:

After a day in Bristol it's been a bit of an eye opener how people are treating things here compared to Dublin at least.  I knew you all got the sign off from on high to go do what you want but I assumed there'd be at least some consistency with signage in private businesses but most seemed ignored by their own staff. 

I can see how the predictions of people just throwing caution to the wind at the festival are being made here now.  After the third time you're the only person bothering to stick on a mask to go to the toilet its easy to lean towards not bothering. 

It is completely monkey brain stuff where if enough other people are taking the risk you'll assume it's safe to go ahead yourself.  It'll be super hard to stick to whatever preconceived notion of your Covid plan was when you get on the ground. 

I've just moved back to Bristol from Sheffield, and although its getting lax in Bristol, it is even worse in Sheffield. I'm talking barely any masks at all.

I'm from Devon - mask wearing still pretty prevalent down here, though slacking off. Most businesses still asking for/requiring masks

Just spent a long weekend at our son's in Manchester - mask wearing by far the exception rather than the rule. Even waiters/resses at cafes and restaurants not wearing masks whilst serving us. 

With a trip to Iceland the following weekend in still going to exercise some care