National Express direct service to Glastonbury

Jduncan51

When I purchased my tickets for 2020, in October of 2019, I was able to book my coach with National Express shortly after that. Does anyone have a clue when those routes will be available to book on their website? Cheers! John

On 8/27/2021 at 8:53 PM, Jduncan51 said:

When I purchased my tickets for 2020, in October of 2019, I was able to book my coach with National Express shortly after that. Does anyone have a clue when those routes will be available to book on their website? Cheers! John

I would imagine when there is some kind of official line from the festival - even if it just an announcement on the ticket prices etc. Just something to indicate it's full steam ahead.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 3:53 PM, Jduncan51 said:

Same boat here. Got my coach tickets immediately after booking in 2019, and filled out the submission request form in March to have my tickets saved for 2021. I haven't heard a peep from NE since then.

I picked an early coach (1AM)  so i'd have a shorter line at the gate and dibs on camping spots. I was worried the coach tickets would be offered to existing customers first if I took a refund, leaving me with the dregs.

I assume they aren't going ahead until Eavis releases an official statement that the festival is happening. This may be internal report though, so I'll let you know if I hear/see anything from NE.

Edited by Ragingbunion93
I can't spell

2 hours ago, loc said:

I am an idiot. I had NE refund our tickets. But we still have our Glasto tickets for 2022 and we need coach tickets after all of course. But indeed: no news whatsoever from NE about 2022... annoying... 😞

What's a likely date or month they'd announce anything?

After today's news, I would imagine October/November you might get something.

I just messaged National Express on Facebook, trying to find out if my tickets were rolling over to 2022, as I hadn't heard anything from them since completing the ticket rollover form last year.

The first reply recieved was "I have put a note on your ticket number, please get back to us once you have new dates for your trip and we will re-book it for you."

After following this up, they said "The timetables are not available for June 2022 . We are able to process a full refund on your ticket and you can rebook nearer to the time. Would this be okay for you?"

I then said I would prefer a rollover to a refund, and received another reply: "Unfortunately, we have decided not to roll the tickets over. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused"

So not really sure what to think now! Hopefully we get some official communication soon. Not sure if anyone else has heard anything?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 7:40 PM, loc said:

(as in: we're Dutch, we'd have to take a train to London and I don't know any other way to get to Glastonbury other than by coach?)

You can get a direct train from London Paddington to Castle Cary (2hrs approx) and a shuttle bus will take you to the festival from there.

Ok, so here is this question. Train vs coach leaving on the Monday, what in your opinion/experience is more ideal. I understand everyone wants to get out of there as early as possible in the morning and those bookings will go first but leaving mid morning/ mid day might be easier? Any insight is appreciated.

On 9/29/2021 at 8:34 PM, Lubic87 said:

I just messaged National Express on Facebook, trying to find out if my tickets were rolling over to 2022, as I hadn't heard anything from them since completing the ticket rollover form last year.

The first reply recieved was "I have put a note on your ticket number, please get back to us once you have new dates for your trip and we will re-book it for you."

After following this up, they said "The timetables are not available for June 2022 . We are able to process a full refund on your ticket and you can rebook nearer to the time. Would this be okay for you?"

I then said I would prefer a rollover to a refund, and received another reply: "Unfortunately, we have decided not to roll the tickets over. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused"

So not really sure what to think now! Hopefully we get some official communication soon. Not sure if anyone else has heard anything?

I just phoned national express for a refund and they told me that, while previously tickets weren’t planned to roll over to 2022, they’d all been told today  that tickets will roll over to 2022 and they’d be in touch with new details

14 hours ago, pmcmanu2 said:

National Express are saying:

Glastonbury Festival coach tickets are due to go on sale on 21 October 2021. You can book your coach tickets to the festival with us on or after this date.

Please visit this webpage from 21 October for more information.

That has not changed but you can book coach fares right now if you want. You just have to navigate their booking page to make it happen.