Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

16 hours ago, Miss_Boo said:

Finally managed to secure tickets via Twickets!  Hooray.

They came with a Settlers carpark pass.  Does anyone know if I can still camp in the "normal" bit of the campsite if I park in Settlers?  Is the Settlers carpark preferable to the normal one (i.em less of a schlep!).  

The Settlers car park is infinitely preferable to the Orange car park, much less of a walk, and easy to get to a good camping spot.

Looks like Buffalo Nichols has pulled out, along with Nathalie Bergman which we already knew. Clashfinder has been updated.

Are there going to be live acts in Round The Twist this year? I can't imagine the likes of Nuha Ruby Ra, Mermaid Chunky and Maria Uzor are coming just to DJ.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

30 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Sorry, Green Man virgin here - trying not to ask too many questions but what are the Chai Wallahs and Round The Twist things about?

Chai Wallas is a kind of touring extra stage across several festivals (Shambala, Kendal Calling, Secret Garden Party) with its own bookings and speciality bar.

Round The Twist is a small party tent in a far corner that plays host to DJ sets all weekend.

Looks like they are putting more named acts DJing in Round the Twist to drive a few people over that way. If some were live that would be fun.

I noticed Ichiko Aoba has moved from Walled Garden to Mountain Stage.

Very happy that Lice have been added.

38 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Chai Wallas is a kind of touring extra stage across several festivals (Shambala, Kendal Calling, Secret Garden Party) with its own bookings and speciality bar.

Round The Twist is a small party tent in a far corner that plays host to DJ sets all weekend.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, chomtamp said:

Just read this interview with Fiona Stewart. Apparently there's a new secret bar this year called Wishbone. Pretty small site, wonder where they'll hide it? 

Thanks for posting.

Interesting that Fiona says no big changes are planned which is just what we all want to hear!

As for the new night time stage, I wonder if it will be in the woods somewhere behind Rising? If it's something you have to find it can't just be in the middle of a field!

19 minutes ago, benali said:

Thanks for posting.

Interesting that Fiona says no big changes are planned which is just what we all want to hear!

As for the new night time stage, I wonder if it will be in the woods somewhere behind Rising? If it's something you have to find it can't just be in the middle of a field!

Isn't quiet camping close-ish to the back of Rising? Not sure where else you hide it though. I'll be disappointed if the entrance isn't a hollowed out phone box.

32 minutes ago, chomtamp said:

Isn't quiet camping close-ish to the back of Rising? Not sure where else you hide it though. I'll be disappointed if the entrance isn't a hollowed out phone box.

I'm not sure as I'm always in Settlers so don't really go into the main campsite.

Always thought they should run stuff in the cinema tent at night. If it was down to me I'd have a load of ambient and dub in there until 5am or something. Would love that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chomtamp said:

The woods further up the site, where the artworks are usually displayed, could also be a spot to have a secret bar/stage.

If not, the artworks are always worth a visit anyway (especially at night).

2 hours ago, axel75 said:

The woods further up the site, where the artworks are usually displayed, could also be a spot to have a secret bar/stage.

If not, the artworks are always worth a visit anyway (especially at night).

Been going for the past 10 years but don't remember the artwork area you're talking about! Where is it?

Hi folks - my fifth time at GM this year, but my first time running a stall in Einstein's Garden!

If you (or your kids!) want to learn more about black holes, swing by the King's College London stall on Black Hole Physics. There will be some fun demonstrations, and always a few physicists on hand for a chat.

Hope to see some of you there!

• Like 4

Hey pals! Just managed to snag a ticket for this and can't wait. Never been before so was wondering if anyone could circle which general camping is the best spot? Going alone and arriving late on the Friday night so will be slim pickings and too dark to understand where the best places are. Thanks!