Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

4 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

As last year was my first, and it was a rush to put together, wondering what might be there this year that wasn't last year?

Obviously things like hot tubs but anything else like interesting food stalls or even venues? Im convinced that round the twist wasn't there last year but maybe we just missed it up in the corner...

Round the Twist was definitely there.

The toilets were definitely a bit shit last year but there was a problem with the supplier, almost certainly due to covid. hopefully it's been fixed this year.

31 minutes ago, august1 said:

is there crew camping/parking for this?

Applied on Friday, they responded today saying they are still looking for volunteers

There is, crew camping is small but decent with loads of showers etc. Crew parking is in the main car parking field but you're right by the front entrance so you don't have to navigate some of the horrific queues that can build up on Monday 

21 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

Also, are the men's urinals usually as bad as last year or was that a rushed set up thing too?

Thinking of packing wellies even if it is 24c and dry all weekend just incase I need to traverse ankle deep piss and mud again. 

I've been twice. First time it was a bog due to the weather. Last year it was a pain because of the height difference from high to low. You could only use the bit that corresponded with your height and the top end was often only any good for a giant! The urinal conditions were much better last year. 

1 hour ago, Jeel said:

I've been twice. First time it was a bog due to the weather. Last year it was a pain because of the height difference from high to low. You could only use the bit that corresponded with your height and the top end was often only any good for a giant! The urinal conditions were much better last year. 

The urinals were definitely worse last year than ever before - it’s really weird, Green Man can’t seem to decide how they want their urinals. They’ve been different almost every one of the 10 I’ve been to! Whereas the other loos are generally in the same place every year and apart from the last one (supplier issues noted above) they’re generally improved each year

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ciderbus said:

Camping is now available on the Weds afternoon for people arriving by public transport, from 2pm.
This is due to rail strikes on the Thursday.

Good decision but is this gonna have a negative impact on us car drivers with regards getting a decent place to camp?

On 8/1/2022 at 4:55 PM, _Tommy_ said:

Also, are the men's urinals usually as bad as last year or was that a rushed set up thing too?

Thinking of packing wellies even if it is 24c and dry all weekend just incase I need to traverse ankle deep piss and mud again. 

I think there was a major leak last year at the urinals by the Courtyard which turned that area into a literal bog. Hopefully that won’t happen again this year. 

11 minutes ago, Wakestock said:

I think there was a major leak last year at the urinals by the Courtyard which turned that area into a literal bog. Hopefully that won’t happen again this year. 

Yep it was terrible. A couple of inches deep on the Sunday.

Wasn't great up by Babbling Tongues either, but not quite as bad.

As you say, hopefully a one off which was due to lack of set up time. 

I've used Fanticks to sell my ticket to a someone, and now having received the e-ticket can send it over. Just concerned re. the Ts&C's about the tickets not being allowed to be re-sold - I've checked the Green Man website and it doesn't say anything about needing to bring ID to get in, but can someone reassure me this is the case/isn't going to be a problem?

Hi all, so last year was our first Green Man and we loved it so coming back this year. Quick question from me, we were aiming for Orange Car Park last year but were diverted as apparently traffic was really bad that side so ended up parking the other side (I think) of the festival - near the Settlers and in the kind of valley of a car park. Then when we walked in we walked past Accessible Camping (again I think) and camped up there. 

This year, assuming we go in to the Orange Car Park as intended, will everything just be reversed? I.e. will we basically be entering the camp site from the other end? Thanks in advance! 

On 8/1/2022 at 12:39 PM, zzzfest said:

Thanks.

Indeed there are a few on Fanticks but at the moment there is no single adult weekend ticket.

There are a couple of single tickets on there now, one normal weekend and one settlers. There is also a single student ticket.

6 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I've used Fanticks to sell my ticket to a someone, and now having received the e-ticket can send it over. Just concerned re. the Ts&C's about the tickets not being allowed to be re-sold - I've checked the Green Man website and it doesn't say anything about needing to bring ID to get in, but can someone reassure me this is the case/isn't going to be a problem?

I’m sure they’ve regularly advised people on social media to use Fanticks as a trusted partner for resales so can’t see any problem. 

7 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Ive sold mine on fanticks and just sent the email across. I was more wondering whats to stop me printing tickets and using them if i got to the gate before the person who bought them off me. 🤔 

Ive got no intention of doing this obviously but wondered what security there was.

I havent opened the ticket pdf bit in case it was an open once only thing 

I managed a weekend ticket on Fanticks and the seller already sent it to me. This is my first GM and it has been on my bucket list for a long time. Good to feel I will finally make it! I used to love Festival No.6 but it’s sadly gone, GM is a good substitute I assume.

9 hours ago, Fish Bulb said:

Hi all, so last year was our first Green Man and we loved it so coming back this year. Quick question from me, we were aiming for Orange Car Park last year but were diverted as apparently traffic was really bad that side so ended up parking the other side (I think) of the festival - near the Settlers and in the kind of valley of a car park. Then when we walked in we walked past Accessible Camping (again I think) and camped up there. 

This year, assuming we go in to the Orange Car Park as intended, will everything just be reversed? I.e. will we basically be entering the camp site from the other end? Thanks in advance! 

Yeah, Orange car park is right at the other end of the site.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, benali said:

No weather predictions yet, or is everyone just massively confident the good weather will stay and we'll have a glorious week of early 20c and light winds?

I think at the moment we can say it's nailed on the build up will be relatively dry and therefore the ground will be dry come opening day. So even if it rained, won't be too muddy, plus judging on my vast experience of 1 year at the festival, where it rained fairly heavy for one night and into the morning last year, the site handles it very well. 

• Thanks 1