Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

50 minutes ago, riverlodge said:

Please tell me Low aren't directly clashing with Dry Cleaning 😞 

There will be a lot of overlap, I stupidly didn't go see them both in Manchester so got a pretty big decision to make 

Low on the mainstage in daylight is weird scheduling imo

29 minutes ago, rug568 said:

There will be a lot of overlap, I stupidly didn't go see them both in Manchester so got a pretty big decision to make 

Low on the mainstage in daylight is weird scheduling imo

GM just replied to me on fb saying Low vs DC should not clash (that ignores getting between stages of course) so still some clashfinder issues to come out

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, riverlodge said:

GM just replied to me on fb saying Low vs DC should not clash (that ignores getting between stages of course) so still some clashfinder issues to come out

Trying to think how that might work out - as Jessica Winter is half of Pregoblin, Brian Destiny (Nathan from Fat White Family) plays live with them and the three were listed together on the poster it could be they're playing back to back and shifting instruments/membership rather than having a full changeover, which would pull everyone else back an hour, and if Dry Cleaning are only playing an hour's set that would end at 9.15... this is all conjecture so I won't change the clashfinder but something like that would be most likely.

Is it safe-ish to assume that with only six announced there's going to be a secret set on Sunday Far Out, like that Bat For Lashes/Toy one a few years ago?

Edited by SweepingTheNation

The Sunday Far Out run of Murder Capital/Ty Segall/Parquet Courts is unreal.

My worst possible clash is probably Deathcrash and Mary Lattimore. 

Would have loved Low in the Far Out instead of Cate Le Bon but just happy they are playing because they are my favourite band.

• Like 1

The Sunday evening sub slot is a major headache but otherwise i feel i have got off lightly, depending on that Low/Dry Cleaning timing.

Need to focus my research on Sat day time as there are a good few names there i don't know.

It's all a bit exciting. Wonder what the "more news soon" bit could be other than tickets or comedy.

41 minutes ago, ciderbus said:

Need to focus my research on Sat day time as there are a good few names there i don't know.

Ichiko Aoba will be a beautiful set on Saturday. Maria Somerville is one of must sees because I love her NTS radio show so much.

Strawberry Guy will be nice, he's kind of weirdly popular but also not, I thought he'd be a bit higher up.

Recommend watching Lemondaze on Rising if you like shoegaze.

Hello everyone!!  Took a bit of break from efests when all that stuff was happening a while back but I am all good and as anyone who has been on the discord will know have continued to be obsessive about all things GM. 

Firstly, how bloody good is this line up!?! I am SO excited.

Secondly, I will have a little tinker with the Clashfinder over the weekend as GM have been quite vocal about certain clashes. I’ll continue to update it as we go and will keep an eye out for the exact stage times when settlers start arriving (looking at @benali in particular!). 

Thirdly, hope everyone has an amazing time at the festival!  If you see anyone running through the camp in the morning with trekking poles looking like a lunatic that will be me (I’m training for an mountain ultramarathon at the moment) so please do heckle me! 

Edited by lessthanwill1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Great to get day splits! After missing out on Glasto I’m really looking forward to this. 
It’s such a great line up and some potentially tricky clashes! Even on Thursday, Yves Tumor v Penelope Isles will have me torn.

Also can’t believe the exact same clash on the Sunday - Michael K v Parquet Courts - as at EOTR a couple of years ago! I’ll probably do a half and half again! 

Edited by mario man

And Cate Le Bon v Kraftwerk, not a clash I’d ever have thought possible but there it is! Hoping that the Beach House/Bicep staggered times indicated above are a sign for similar on the Friday… 

Edited by mario man

On 6/30/2022 at 7:17 PM, benali said:

Ichiko Aoba will be a beautiful set on Saturday. Maria Somerville is one of must sees because I love her NTS radio show so much.

Strawberry Guy will be nice, he's kind of weirdly popular but also not, I thought he'd be a bit higher up.

Recommend watching Lemondaze on Rising if you like shoegaze.

Lovely, thanks- will give them a listen.

Thank you to @SweepingTheNation for updating the Clashfinder.  I've made some very minor amendments based on some comments i've seen from GM and other artists, as follows: 

• Bicep overlap with Beach House by 15 mins
  • No/minimal clash between Low and Dry Cleaning
  • It's possible to see some of Cate Le Bon and Kraftwerk (i.e. not a full on clash - MK and PC is a full on clash)
  • WITCH and Orchestra Baobab don't clash 
  • Cassandra Jenkins and Kelly Forsyth do clash (😭)
  • Adwaith and Metronomy don't clash, but Metronomy do clash with Pip Blom (and it's full on clash)
  • Scalping confirmed for 1 am

I've added the Rising competition artists who I think will all play Rising at some point (thought the days/times will probably need to change). 

I think there are some gaps to be filled on Mountain Stage and FO on Sunday.  GM have said there are a couple more acts to be announced - I wonder if there will be any surprises...

https://clashfinder.com/s/gm2022/

GM 22 playlist: 

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2022 at 6:30 PM, ciderbus said:

Saturday for me will look like this: Ichiko Aoba > Donny Benét > Minyo Crusaders > Lemondaze > Blue Bendy > Mdou Moctar > Deathcrash > Aleg G > Arooj Aftab > TORRES > Beach House > Bicep > Optimo 

As @benali has already said, Ichiko Aoba will be an incredibly beautiful set.  I am a little bit worried about how she will fare on such a big stage as I am presuming she will not be bringing an orchestra with her (like she sometimes does for her own shows) and it will instead just be her.  However, she is incredibly talented and has an unbelievably beautiful voice so I expect it will still be extremely good. 

Donny Benét is an Aussie bloke making sleazy/cheesy post-disco bangers.  Might not be your thing but i think he'll be a lot of fun!  Was hoping he'd be after dark on the Walled Garden as I think people would be more up for it then but should still be good. 

Minyo Crusaders are a 10-piece Japanese group doing traditional Japanese music but heavily influenced by non-Japanese musical sounds like afro-funk, reggae, ethio-kazz, bolero etc. There's a really good recording online of their set at Le Guess Who? from a few years ago, which I would definitely recommend. 

Lemondaze are a very good shoegaze band.  They supported Ride this year and if you're into Ride/Slowdive then you'll probably enjoy them. 

Mdou Moctar is a musician from Niger who plays guitar-led blues/rock/psychedelic stuff.  He's a very talented guitarist and will play with a full band.  Will be a lot of fun, I'm sure. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Thank you to @SweepingTheNation for updating the Clashfinder.  I've made some very minor amendments based on some comments i've seen from GM and other artists, as follows: 

• Bicep overlap with Beach House by 15 mins
  • No/minimal clash between Low and Dry Cleaning
  • It's possible to see some of Cate Le Bon and Kraftwerk (i.e. not a full on clash - MK and PC is a full on clash)
  • WITCH and Orchestra Baobab don't clash 
  • Cassandra Jenkins and Kelly Forsyth do clash (😭)
  • Adwaith and Metronomy don't clash, but Metronomy do clash with Pip Blom (and it's full on clash)
  • Scalping confirmed for 1 am

I've added the Rising competition artists who I think will all play Rising at some point (thought the days/times will probably need to change). 

I think there are some gaps to be filled on Mountain Stage and FO on Sunday.  GM have said there are a couple more acts to be announced - I wonder if there will be any surprises...

https://clashfinder.com/s/gm2022/

GM 22 playlist: 

Thanks for your efforts on the clashfinder and will definitely be ripping off your playlist, I've been trying to build my own but keep getting waylaid.

Oh on clashfinder, your edits have introduced some (slight) clashes (Kae Tempest / Dry Cleaning!?!?) so if we could ignore reality for that - would be much better!