Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

46 minutes ago, JHad said:

Quite underwhelming, but a few decent additions.

I've heard good things about Mandrake Handshake, but not seen them yet.

What's Rhodri Davies like solo? Seen him a few times as part of Hen Ogledd, but assume it's quite different!

Mandrake Handshake are here in a couple of weeks, from what I hear they are fun live. 

Presumably they'll play Rising, not sure how they will fit all 9 of them on that stage!

9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

When will we get the poster with stage breakdowns?

Who do we think the After Dark acts will be too? Surely Nathan Fake is one.

Confirmed after dark acts are Nathan Fake, Nia Archives and Sofia Kourtesis (from GM’s latest email).  Think it’s safe to assume Optimo (espacio) and Deptford Northern Soul Club are also after dark.

Other possibilities I think could be Soccer96, Planningtorock, Charlotte Adigery and Bopis Pupul, Donny Benet and Pregoblin (but they could equally all just play normal slots I reckon). 

Hard to say with stage breakdowns/day splits.  It was early May in the past but has been in July more recently. 

Edited by lessthanwill1

32 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Loving her so far!  La Perla is great.

Sure is, absolute belter that got me through lockdown last year! We caught her at Lost Village festival last year and she climbed out from the stage and starting crowd surfing during that song, was absolutely joyous to see on the final day of the festival and helped picked up the weary crowd for sure!

First time attending Green Man so not sure if im missing something, but on the Instagram post is says 'after dark extraordinaires' for the two artists i mentioned in my previous post. Is this referring to a stage / time slot? 

1 minute ago, TheFullShaboo said:

First time attending Green Man so not sure if im missing something, but on the Instagram post is says 'after dark extraordinaires' for the two artists i mentioned in my previous post. Is this referring to a stage / time slot? 

It refers to slots that mostly DJs play on the Far Out Stage and Walled Garden (the 2nd and 3rd biggest stages) after the headliners (so like between 1 am and 4 am). 

38 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

It refers to slots that mostly DJs play on the Far Out Stage and Walled Garden (the 2nd and 3rd biggest stages) after the headliners (so like between 1 am and 4 am). 

ahh brilliant, thanks for that.

Thought both would have worked either during the day or after dark but at least thats my late night entertainment sorted 🙂 

12 hours ago, Joshuwarr said:

Not going to Green Man but noticed The Long Blondes were announced. Their first gig since...2008? Amazing. Although now hoping other festivals announce them

The lineup page seems to claim it'll be their first proper gig back (they played some songs - here's one - at the launch of one of Kate's art installations at the end of last year), though Kate says on her IG there may be warm-ups. From what I can make out it's seemingly just Kate and Dorian now and they're working on new stuff, which may be why it feels like a very low-key relaunch right now.

On 4/23/2022 at 11:24 AM, lessthanwill1 said:

Am I the only one who has no idea who The Long Blondes are?!  Don’t recognise any of their songs either. 

They were a very witty band from the mid-late noughties who released a widely acclaimed album that seemed to be adored by awkward indie teenagers like myself. https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2008/oct/21/long-blondes-break-up

Never really broke though but had a dedicated following back then