Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

11 hours ago, SighMo said:

Does anyone know if you are able to split ticket offers on Fanticks; I’m only after a single?

No, you have to buy the whole lot, but it does mention re-listing them. I need to do this myself as the ones I purchased came with a couple of little folk tickets I don't need. Will get in touch with them and find out how to do it.

image.png.20ce96ee23b19bda0e728d08ec761c4a.png

Totally obsessed with Beverley Glenn-Copeland now.  Was only really aware of Keyboard Fantasies prior to the announcement. 

There’s a Live At Guess Who? recording available to stream which is really good and gives a good indication of what to expect I suppose.  There’s a song on there called Deep River (don’t think this is on any of their albums) which is made for a Sunday night Walled Garden singalong. 

Saw today that The Imagined Village have reformed and are playing Beautiful Days (same weekend as GM). They're on my request list every year in the survey (out of blind hope, given they'd not played live since 2012), but maybe there's actually a chance?! Walled Garden at would be glorious. 

8 minutes ago, JHad said:

Saw today that The Imagined Village have reformed and are playing Beautiful Days (same weekend as GM). They're on my request list every year in the survey (out of blind hope, given they'd not played live since 2012), but maybe there's actually a chance?! Walled Garden at would be glorious. 

Says they’re only playing at two festivals.  Have they already been announced for another or does that leave GM as a possibility?

A0C350EC-9309-4D13-A715-AE62FC808A4B.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Who else do we know? I've taken the view that if their website doesn't list Thursday (or Thursday - Sunday), then it might be right. 

Thursday: Metronomy (not confirmed but billed as a headliner and fourth down) , Yves Tumour (tour page)

Friday: Low (website), Mdou Moctar (website)

Saturday: Bicep (website)

Sunday: Ty Segall (website, although not 100% sure about it as it's just generated from Songkick but it does have other festivals listed over that weekend so might be right)

Kraftwerk either Friday or Sunday as they are at APE on the Saturday. 

I was staying on the Glanusk estate over the weekend. It looked beautiful in the sunshine and we were able to wander about freely. I don't have tickets for this year but I hope for all those who do that you get to see it in the same sunny state. Stunning!

53 minutes ago, moonage505 said:

Anyone got any deep cuts from the line up they recommend? Trying to get myself into more than the ones I already know!

So many!  My favourites are: 

• Ichiko Aoba (incredible folk musician from Japan with a big discography but I'd recommend starting with the most recent)
  • KEG (one of the best newish UK bands around imo.  Very fun and very good live)
  • Deathcrash (ditto - although they've been around slightly longer.  Not everyone's cup of tea but a very good post-rock band)
  • Keely Forsyth (her debut album from a few years ago was unbelievable imo - can't wait to see her)
  • Indigo de Souza (great indie rock/singer songwriter - she's released two really fun and emotional albums)
  • Unschooling (great French indie rock band.  They seem like really talented musicians - check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64xcXF2e5sE)
  • English Teacher (another great new UK band - check out R&B, which is a "banger") 
  • I also like Balimaya Project (16 piece west-african jazz group), Lime Garden, Blue Bendy, Lemondaze, Tara Clerkin Trio, Tenderhost and Robocobra Quartet. 
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Keg are very overrated imo but Keely Forsyth is not. Excellent at EOTR last year.

Minyo Crusaders are a band that everyone here should check out too. 

Yeah been loving Minyo Crusaders as well.  I’m really hoping they headline Walled Garden on the Thursday evening when Metronomy are playing. 

51 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've got a friend looking for a ticket! Can she have it?

She can do. I paid £220 for it including charges. She'll have to wait until they're posted out to me from the seller then I could forward on.