Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

1 minute ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Ty Segall has Sunday listed for GM on his website with other festival dates on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Sunday Far Out up against Kraftwerk perhaps?

I'm hoping for ezra or parquet courts against kraftwerk/Michael.  I'll be gutted if parquet courts and ezra clash with either metronomy or beach house.

2 minutes ago, OddRon said:

I'm hoping for ezra or parquet courts against kraftwerk/Michael.  I'll be gutted if parquet courts and ezra clash with either metronomy or beach house.

I think Metronomy are Thursday headliners.  

This might be wrong but I seem to remember Ezra being in FO last time they played so my guess would be that they are on Mountain Stage this year.

Maybe something like this?

Thursday

FO: Metronomy // Yves Tumour 

WG: Minyo Crusaders 

Friday 

MS: Beach House // Cate Le Bon

FO: Low // Dry Cleaning

WG: Charlotte Adigery & Bolis Pupul

Saturday

MS: Michael Kiwanuka // Parquet Courts // Ezra Furman

FO: Bicep // Jenny Hval 

WG: James Yorkston & His Second Hand Orchestra

Sunday

MS: Kraftwerk // Kae Tempest 

FO: Ty Segall // BCNR

WG: Beverly Glenn-Copeland

10 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Got a friend looking at volunteering. If she later manages to get a ticket, is it possible to cancel the volunteering without incurring any penalties, provided it's done far enough in advance? 

I believe you have to pay a deposit to become a volunteer, which is returned on completion of three shifts. Presumably this is to stop people just trying to get onsite and not doing any work 🙂 Get involved Green Man Festival

Edited by axel75

14 minutes ago, axel75 said:

I believe you have to pay a deposit to become a volunteer, which is returned on completion of three shifts. Presumably this is to stop people just trying to get onsite and not doing any work 🙂 Get involved Green Man Festival

Yeah I get you have to pay a deposit, but I mean if you decide not to go, can you ask for it back? 

9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah I get you have to pay a deposit, but I mean if you decide not to go, can you ask for it back? 

Wouldn't chance it. My mate had a funeral pop up at the last minute a few years back so he had to sack off the volunteering a week or so before the festival. His emails explaining the circumstances were just ignored; he never even got a response to confirm the deposit wasn't refundable.

Someone on here will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they tend to be oversubscribed for volunteers. Doubt she needs to sign up this far in advance.

3 hours ago, Odessa said:

Wouldn't chance it. My mate had a funeral pop up at the last minute a few years back so he had to sack off the volunteering a week or so before the festival. His emails explaining the circumstances were just ignored; he never even got a response to confirm the deposit wasn't refundable.

Someone on here will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they tend to be oversubscribed for volunteers. Doubt she needs to sign up this far in advance.

Don't suppose you know how late i could possibly apply to volunteer? Ive noticed the website says you can split the £210 deposit into two instalments up to the end of March, so im assuming you can still apply after this?

Does anybody have any insight into what it's like volunteering at the festival with eventree? Less hours required than volunteering through Oxfam, plus also no guarantee of having to work a dreaded night shift!

2 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Don't suppose you know how late i could possibly apply to volunteer? Ive noticed the website says you can split the £210 deposit into two instalments up to the end of March, so im assuming you can still apply after this?

Does anybody have any insight into what it's like volunteering at the festival with eventree? Less hours required than volunteering through Oxfam, plus also no guarantee of having to work a dreaded night shift!

Not sure when the cut-off is, but I just had a look through my emails and I can see I applied to volunteer at the end of April for the 2018 festival. In 2019 I applied earlier. Pretty sure one of my mates didn't get on board til closer to the summer than April that year but I'm not 100% sure on that.

The volunteering through eventree is the easiest thing ever. I've always had success with getting the shifts I wanted too so I've never missed any must see bands. Missed barely any of the music at all, in fact. Think I missed the Thursday night one year and the Sunday afternoon/early evening another. Everything else was a night shift or early morning or something. They were all 6 hour shifts the years I did it (7am-1pm, 1pm-7pm, 7pm-1am, or 1am-7am).

They look after you with food and hot drinks for a tiny cost too (about a fiver for unlimited soup/toast/cereal/coffee for the whole festival). 

I think in the two years I volunteered I probably did about 3 hours of actual work in total in the carpark. You're pretty much allocated an area of the festival just so if something does happen then there's a steward knocking about to report it. You don't actually have to do any work unless you're unlucky.

If anyone in 2019 asked a steward for directions to the carpark and got told "dunno mate", then you probs spoke to me.

Edited by Odessa
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Odessa said:

Not sure when the cut-off is, but I just had a look through my emails and I can see I applied to volunteer at the end of April for the 2018 festival. In 2019 I applied earlier. Pretty sure one of my mates didn't get on board til closer to the summer than April that year but I'm not 100% sure on that.

The volunteering through eventree is the easiest thing ever. I've always had success with getting the shifts I wanted too so I've never missed any must see bands. Missed barely any of the music at all, in fact. Think I missed the Thursday night one year and the Sunday afternoon/early evening another. Everything else was a night shift or early morning or something. They were all 6 hour shifts the years I did it (7am-1pm, 1pm-7pm, 7pm-1am, or 1am-7am).

They look after you with food and hot drinks for a tiny cost too (about a fiver for unlimited soup/toast/cereal/coffee for the whole festival). 

I think in the two years I volunteered I probably did about 3 hours of actual work in total in the carpark. You're pretty much allocated an area of the festival just so if something does happen then there's a steward knocking about to report it. You don't actually have to do any work unless you're unlucky.

If anyone in 2019 asked a steward for directions to the carpark and got told "dunno mate", then you probs spoke to me.

Perfect - thanks for the detailed response. 

Due to the dates its only really Wilderness i can do with Oxfam, so i'm thinking of volunteering at Green Man instead. Seems the shifts are a little easier / shorter and the lineup and general vibe seems a lot more me than Wilderness. 

Does everybody have to do a nightshift? Im also likely to be volunteering alone so was wondering if theres any channel to link up with other people going solo? 

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Perfect - thanks for the detailed response. 

Due to the dates its only really Wilderness i can do with Oxfam, so i'm thinking of volunteering at Green Man instead. Seems the shifts are a little easier / shorter and the lineup and general vibe seems a lot more me than Wilderness. 

Does everybody have to do a nightshift? Im also likely to be volunteering alone so was wondering if theres any channel to link up with other people going solo? 

You're not obliged to do a night shift, nah. First year I went I avoided doing one. I chose to do one second time.

I think it works out that the earlier you sign up, the more priority you'll get to be allocated your preferred shifts.

8 minutes ago, Odessa said:

You're not obliged to do a night shift, nah. First year I went I avoided doing one. I chose to do one second time.

I think it works out that the earlier you sign up, the more priority you'll get to be allocated your preferred shifts.

Sign up as in pay the deposit? Or signing in when i arrive at the festival? So you actually get a say in which shifts you would prefer?

Apologies for the questions, i've only ever worked for Oxfam before and they just allocate them out at random without any input from those volunteering. 

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Sign up as in pay the deposit? Or signing in when i arrive at the festival? So you actually get a say in which shifts you would prefer?

Apologies for the questions, i've only ever worked for Oxfam before and they just allocate them out at random without any input from those volunteering. 

Signing up as is in applying online and paying the deposit. They'll email you around a month or so before the festival with all the possible shift patterns and it'll ask you to pick your preferred choices. You know what you're gonna be working before you arrive.

10 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Right, time's getting on a bit now and I need to start doing some preparation 😉 so where's the best place to camp and the best car park? How strict are they about you sneaking booze or drugs into the stage areas? And what the devil is happening with regards Black Country New Road?

Unless you're a 'Settler' I think there's only one carpark. Camping is pretty good everywhere apart from the sloping bit near the entrance. Booze isn't a problem as long as you don't have it on view as you enter the arena area...enjoy; it's ace.

Ps. Have you got a spare? 

Edited by SighMo
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Tuna said:

two settlers tickets currently on fanticks (am after 4, non-settlers, so someone else can scoop those 😊

I finally managed to finally buy some settlers passes from there over the weekend.

You've probably got it covered, but I essentially set up Twitter notifications. They aren't too annoying as they seem to only approve ticket listings a couple of times a day. First one always just after 8am and then the next lot can come at any point, but usually early afternoon. Just means you can catch any listings as soon as they are put up rather than having to constantly refresh the website all day, which was what I had previously been doing.

14 hours ago, zico martin said:

And what the devil is happening with regards Black Country New Road?

As it stands, it seems like it'll be entirely new songs with Tyler as the main contributor to vocals - a couple of those songs will likely be versions of those she's been playing solo recently. I'd assume they'll play a few lowkey gigs in London in the spring, as they're still down for festivals (beginning with Primavera in early June). 

Having said that, I've heard one or two completely unsubstantiated rumblings at gigs recently that Isaac might return. No idea if those people were ITK or just hopeful.

• Thanks 1