Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

6 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

In years gone by I would have included Parquet Courts but their recent album was their worst yet

Did you not catch them on Ellen (lol) recently? They'll still bring it, big time. Miss at your own peril. 

Yeah. Still a good album for most bands, even if it’s not as good as their previous two. They’ve got such an arsenal of songs now that a set headlining a stage at a festival is gonna be pretty much all-killer anyway. Couldn’t imagine turning away from that opportunity because the latest album had a few forgettable tracks. 

1 hour ago, Born in the fifties said:

I've seen PC a few times and they seem to be alternately good and not so good.  However the last time I saw them was at EOTR headlining the Garden Stage and they were just stunning.  A absolute must-see for me, so already worried about who they might clash with.

That was an unbelievable set. Someone came up to me about 4 or 5 songs in and said "I've never seen anyone so happy at anything" 😊 (back in the 'hugging strangers is fine' days). So much whistle!! 

5 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:

I've seen PC a few times and they seem to be alternately good and not so good.  However the last time I saw them was at EOTR headlining the Garden Stage and they were just stunning.  A absolute must-see for me, so already worried about who they might clash with.

I enjoyed the PC set at EOTR but iirc they ended the set with a jam and even then finished early, or is my memory playing tricks?

11 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:

Yes, that was a really great set. Maybe I'm lucky, but seen them 4 times and they've always been decent. 

Even if they aren't on form there's always the fact they play Master of My Craft straight into Borrowed Time which is always amazing even when you know it's coming.

6 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Someone may have posted this, I haven't checked, but Bicep's website says they're Saturday 

Interesting!  I think we know Kraftwerk are on Friday or Sunday given they’re at APE on the Saturday.  So Bicep won’t be doing a “warm up” slot before Kraftwerk on the main stage in that case. 

“Bangers” from acts low down on the line up:

- KEG, Farmhands

- Unschooling, NYE

- Annie Hart, Hard to be Still 

- Indigo de Souza, How I Get Myself Killed

- English Teacher, R&B

- Lemondaze, Neon Ballroom 

- Mhaol, Gender Studies

- Blue Bendy, A Celebration

- Lime Garden, Sick & Tired 

- The Umlauts, Boiler Suits & Combat Boots

Anyone else got any others??

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Interesting!  I think we know Kraftwerk are on Friday or Sunday given they’re at APE on the Saturday.  So Bicep won’t be doing a “warm up” slot before Kraftwerk on the main stage in that case. 

My guess is still a closing set on the mainstage on Saturday night by Bicep after Beach House 

Yves Tumor Thursday by the looks of things. I know a lot of artists just list the start date of the festival, but they've obviously listed their specific days for the rest of the weekend, and whilst I haven't checked all the other fests this does have the specific dates listed for the ones I have. So reckon its right. 

6F3A057C-C9C0-477E-B745-81794F65CACC.jpeg

3 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

“Bangers” from acts low down on the line up:

- KEG, Farmhands

- Unschooling, NYE

- Annie Hart, Hard to be Still 

- Indigo de Souza, How I Get Myself Killed

- English Teacher, R&B

- Lemondaze, Neon Ballroom 

- Mhaol, Gender Studies

- Blue Bendy, A Celebration

- Lime Garden, Sick & Tired 

- The Umlauts, Boiler Suits & Combat Boots

Anyone else got any others??

Probably already know him and not sure if this is considered low down but Willie J Healey has always been great when I've seen him over the years.