Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

11 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Does this (assuming no further big names, which there might be) sound probable?

Thu: Metronomy
Fri Mountain: Beach House, Parquet Courts, Alex G
Fri Far Out: Low, Ty Segall
Sat Mountain: Michael Kiwanuka, Cate Le Bon, Ezra Furman
Sat Far Out: Bicep, Yves Tumor
Sun Mountain: Kraftwerk, BCNR, Arab Strap
Sun Far Out: Kae Tempest, Dry Cleaning
Jenny Hval headlines a day of Walled Garden

Low/Beach House clash would suuuuck

11 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Thabks for this. Are there no official resales? 

Also how big is GM? It's substantially bigger than EOTR's 13k capacity right? 

They've said no official resales but I guess it's all up in the air because of Covid. You might find a lot of people who rolled their tickets over decide against it but there's no guarantees.

It's 25,000 and feels quite a bit busier that EOTR tbh, not the actual site but some of the traffic on the main thoroughfares etc 

12 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Does this (assuming no further big names, which there might be) sound probable?

Thu: Metronomy
Fri Mountain: Beach House, Parquet Courts, Alex G
Fri Far Out: Low, Ty Segall
Sat Mountain: Michael Kiwanuka, Cate Le Bon, Ezra Furman
Sat Far Out: Bicep, Yves Tumor
Sun Mountain: Kraftwerk, BCNR, Arab Strap
Sun Far Out: Kae Tempest, Dry Cleaning
Jenny Hval headlines a day of Walled Garden

Really hard to predict!

In my head PQ are headlining FO on the Kraftwerk day.  I also think Alex G will be much better in FO so that’s what I’m hoping for.

I agree that Cate Le Bon would be a good sub on the MS.

Will be interesting to see where BCNR place given that I think the expectation at the moment is that they will not be playing any material from the first two albums. 

I think Jenny Hval is slightly too high up the poster to be headlining the Walled Garden - usually those headliners come from the middle of the poster I think. I’m hoping Jenny is 2nd or 3rd down FO. 

Beach House / Low clash is horrific! 

Edited by lessthanwill1

23 minutes ago, rug568 said:

They've said no official resales but I guess it's all up in the air because of Covid. You might find a lot of people who rolled their tickets over decide against it but there's no guarantees.

It's 25,000 and feels quite a bit busier that EOTR tbh, not the actual site but some of the traffic on the main thoroughfares etc 

Hmmm fair enough thanks. 

I think all th acts I'd really like to see (Beverly Glenn Copeland, Beach House, Jenny Hval, Low, BCNR, Yves Tumor, Arooj Aftab) I've either seen a few times before or am seeing very soon but I may pounce if a ticket pops up in July/August. 

Edited by Guy Incognito

24 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Really hard to predict!

In my head PQ are headlining FO on the Kraftwerk day.  I also think Alex G will be much better in FO so that’s what I’m hoping for.

I agree that Cate Le Bon would be a good sub on the MS.

Will be interesting to see where BCNR place given that I think the expectation at the moment is that they will not be playing any material from the first two albums. 

I think Jenny Hval is slightly too high up the poster to be headlining the Walled Garden - usually those headliners come from the middle of the poster I think. I’m hoping Jenny is 2nd or 3rd down FO. 

Beach House / Low clash is horrific! 

I don't like Beach House/Low any more than anyone else but I don't see Low on Mountain and really given their poster position I'm not sure Parquet Courts fit anywhere else - you wouldn't put them before Bicep or Kraftwerk, or opposite Beach House.

My thinking re Sunday is in three of the last four years Sunday night has been headed by British acts - Saint Etienne/Sleaford Mods, IDLES, Teenage Fanclub/Self Esteem - and in the other years the likes of the Fall, Public Service Broadcasting and the Wedding Present have been high up and drawn big crowds. You could swap BCNR and Tempest round, actually, Kae/Kraftwerk might actually make more sense.

Not knowing where Bicep would fit in is really messing these predictions around, isn't it?

40 minutes ago, rug568 said:

Despite there being more people at GM the site is so much larger there's more room to just sit around and relax there than at EOTR.

12 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I don't like Beach House/Low any more than anyone else but I don't see Low on Mountain and really given their poster position I'm not sure Parquet Courts fit anywhere else - you wouldn't put them before Bicep or Kraftwerk, or opposite Beach House.

My thinking re Sunday is in three of the last four years Sunday night has been headed by British acts - Saint Etienne/Sleaford Mods, IDLES, Teenage Fanclub/Self Esteem - and in the other years the likes of the Fall, Public Service Broadcasting and the Wedding Present have been high up and drawn big crowds. You could swap BCNR and Tempest round, actually, Kae/Kraftwerk might actually make more sense.

Not knowing where Bicep would fit in is really messing these predictions around, isn't it?

I was just thinking Kae into Kraftwerk would be good, yeah. 

Agree that Low will headline FO on one of the days.  Yeah you might be right about Parquet Courts being on Mountain Stage I dunno - just think it would work really well up against Kraftwerk and in the tent would be great for them I think.

The Bicep thing is weird I agree! 

58 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I've either seen a few times before or am seeing very soon but I may pounce if a ticket pops up in July/August. 

There's a couple of options on Fanticks atm. One is for 6 tickets and one is for a student ticket. I'll be after a single ticket but don't think you can split multiple ticket offers up. May be an idea to group together nearer the time if any come up in pairs?

24 minutes ago, SighMo said:

There's a couple of options on Fanticks atm. One is for 6 tickets and one is for a student ticket. I'll be after a single ticket but don't think you can split multiple ticket offers up. May be an idea to group together nearer the time if any come up in pairs?

Yeah not a bad idea. I'm not totally committed to attending to be honest. Most of the acts I want to see I'll be seeing at other events this summer so will probably just be making a last minute decision. 

4 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I’d not heard of Soccer96 before. Interestingly they are two of the three members of The Comet is Coming and both are quite prolific producers (e.g. Snapped Ankles).  Potentially quite fun I reckon.

Fantastic band! Danalogue and Betamax are/were Total Refreshment Centre regulars and often collaborate with the likes of Alabaster DePlume and Zia Ahmed (vocalist in Sarathy Korwar's band) among others. 

Who do we think the After Dark acts will be? Other than the obvious ones like DNSC, Bicep and maybe Yves Tumor, none really stand out as obvious to me.

3 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I don't buy the "they've secretly got a Mountain stage extension" 

Would they even need an extension though? Considering how late headliners are on normally, they could easily fit two in. Something like have Kiwanuka start at 9pm, and Bicep start at 11:30pm or something.

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Lucy Gooch (lol) is playing in Brizzle tonight, so might go see her if I can be arsed. Will let you know how she is. Probably pretentious music for guys that wear beanies above their ears but I shouldn't judge too early

I quite like her. Not sure how well it would work in a festival setting though - I suspect her own gig would be a lot better with a more appropriate atmosphere.

50 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Nice - will check them out more! 

Will you be going this year? Pleased with the line up? 

Yes! Doing Settlers for the first time and very excited at the line up. Kraftwerk is a fantastic surprise - I was actually expecting them last year at one point, but then completely overlooked the possibility this time around! 

I'm sure that excite will only build as I discover more through your playlist. I hope you're able to make it along this year after the past 3 (?) summers. 

4 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I agree with this. Stick them up against Michael Kiwanuka who I feel is equally popular if not more so amongst GM attendees. 

Is it not possible they will play before someone on the Mountain Stage? They played before Jamie XX at Wilderness last year and that stage finished far earlier... I think someone might have suggested it earlier but my guess would be that they are on before Kraftwerk.

1 minute ago, gibble said:

Is it not possible they will play before someone on the Mountain Stage? They played before Jamie XX at Wilderness last year and that stage finished far earlier... I think someone might have suggested it earlier but my guess would be that they are on before Kraftwerk.

Definitely possible!  I just think FO would be the preferred option for them given the lighting and atmosphere. Bicep into Kraftwerk would also be a bit of a come down energy wise and I think they would rather avoid that if possible by putting someone like Kae or Cate Le Bon on before Kraftwerk.

53 minutes ago, JHad said:

Yes! Doing Settlers for the first time and very excited at the line up. Kraftwerk is a fantastic surprise - I was actually expecting them last year at one point, but then completely overlooked the possibility this time around! 

I'm sure that excite will only build as I discover more through your playlist. I hope you're able to make it along this year after the past 3 (?) summers. 

Tickets and annual leave booked so assuming no disasters I should be fine haha! 

42 minutes ago, Olicopter said:

I’m worried this will be unpopular but I’m really disappointed by the lineup this year 

You are allowed to be disappointed. As ive said in the eotr thread i much prefer that zt first reading. Theres not much that is grabbing me in the way 2018 did. Some of it is i feel i cant be arsed any more since the enforced break of c*vid. It made me question the 'do i enjoy the 75quid a night out minimum for gigs im not convinced by (i drink so its always a taxi or at best kip on a mates sofa and feel like death the next day). So i was hoping for more of a 'YES. Must see that ' but im at 'meh. Might be ok' . But you know, itll be summer, ticket cost will be absorbed into life by then and cos im doing settlers im looking at it as a weeks break with some entertainment involved. 

And never worry about what people think of your musical choices. Good mates humour your 17 minute electric violin workout, people you dont know- why care? You wouldnt expect them to care if you didnt agree with what they like

Itll be a fab weekend 😀 

• Upvote 1