Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

It's our first time at Greenman this year and we are very much looking forward to it... 

Can anyone answer a quick question about camping? Basically, we only have a 5m bell tent which we have used as our family festival tent for years. Is there likely to be enough room to pitch this on the Thursday (we can't get there any earlier) or should I start looking at alternatives?

45 minutes ago, gibble said:

It's our first time at Greenman this year and we are very much looking forward to it... 

Can anyone answer a quick question about camping? Basically, we only have a 5m bell tent which we have used as our family festival tent for years. Is there likely to be enough room to pitch this on the Thursday (we can't get there any earlier) or should I start looking at alternatives?

More regular attendees than me may be able to advise further but i can't see why you would have any problems. General camping only opens at 10am on Thursday anyway and i don't think people are queueing from the crack of dawn or anything. We got there just after lunch last time and there seemed plenty of space .

It's a lovely festival. Hope you enjoy it.

Edited by ciderbus

53 minutes ago, gibble said:

You'll be fine. Loads of people have bell tents.

2 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Weekend 1, you?

Both. Stupid decision now that I think about it, but I'm just going to have to try and make the most of it...

33 minutes ago, ciderbus said:

More regular attendees than me may be able to advise further but i can't see why you would have any problems. General camping only opens at 10am on Thursday anyway and i don't think people are queueing from the crack of dawn or anything. We got there just after lunch last time and there seemed plenty of space .

It's a lovely festival. Hope you enjoy it.

You'll be fine as long as you don't arrive really late tbh

**Green Man Festival 2022 Playlist**

The idea behind this is that I select my three favourite songs from my favourite artists/bands at GM (which are in order in the playlist, with my favourite being at the top - i.e. Jenny Hval). 

If there isn't an artist there, it's because I don't know them (yet) or I don't like them.  If there's only a few songs, it's because I only like one or two of their songs or maybe they only have one or two released songs. 

I'll update it fairly continually as I listen to the artists/bands I don't know. 

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

**Green Man Festival 2022 Playlist**

The idea behind this is that I select my three favourite songs from my favourite artists/bands at GM (which are in order in the playlist, with my favourite being at the top - i.e. Jenny Hval). 

If there isn't an artist there, it's because I don't know them (yet) or I don't like them.  If there's only a few songs, it's because I only like one or two of their songs or maybe they only have one or two released songs. 

I'll update it fairly continually as I listen to the artists/bands I don't know. 

I've tried doing something similar but going with their top 10 most played songs in most recent year of touring. I hate getting into an artist when they're announced for a festival to find out they don't play the songs that got me into them. 

Does this (assuming no further big names, which there might be) sound probable?

Thu: Metronomy
Fri Mountain: Beach House, Parquet Courts, Alex G
Fri Far Out: Low, Ty Segall
Sat Mountain: Michael Kiwanuka, Cate Le Bon, Ezra Furman
Sat Far Out: Bicep, Yves Tumor
Sun Mountain: Kraftwerk, BCNR, Arab Strap
Sun Far Out: Kae Tempest, Dry Cleaning
Jenny Hval headlines a day of Walled Garden

55 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Does this (assuming no further big names, which there might be) sound probable?

Thu: Metronomy
Fri Mountain: Beach House, Parquet Courts, Alex G
Fri Far Out: Low, Ty Segall
Sat Mountain: Michael Kiwanuka, Cate Le Bon, Ezra Furman
Sat Far Out: Bicep, Yves Tumor
Sun Mountain: Kraftwerk, BCNR, Arab Strap
Sun Far Out: Kae Tempest, Dry Cleaning
Jenny Hval headlines a day of Walled Garden

I can't help but feel Bicep might be more popular than Kiwanuka. Either way, Far Out is going to be far too busy if that's where they play

8 minutes ago, Olicopter said:

Hi all

do people think that’s the main stage pretty much booked up now or is there still a chance for some bands like Japanese Breakfast and Nilifur Yanya to slot in ?

Difficult to say!  I think there’s room for another 30 or so acts but they will mostly be smaller ones.  Definitely room for someone of Nilufer’s size I would have thought. Less convinced about someone like Japanese Breakfast as I would have her as far out headliner personally and I feel like we have those already (but maybe not). 

10 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I can't help but feel Bicep might be more popular than Kiwanuka. Either way, Far Out is going to be far too busy if that's where they play

Really I'm going there on what other people think - I don't buy the "they've secretly got a Mountain stage extension" if only because there's no way it'd be allowed by the local council, and I still think if they were playing in the headline slot they'd have been announced as headliners. (I also get the feeling Bicep's pull to the average Green Man crowd might be overestimated)

13 minutes ago, Olicopter said:

Hi all

do people think that’s the main stage pretty much booked up now or is there still a chance for some bands like Japanese Breakfast and Nilifur Yanya to slot in ?

There's clearly some names to come, and some of them might be quite high up as there's always a few booked for the second announcement, but in those specific cases I don't know if Japanese Breakfast will be in Europe that weekend just because she's at APE the next weekend, and I'm not sure someone as high up the EOTR list as Yanya would be playing both (she's below Sudan Archives who was named for GM 2020) You'd probably be looking more at someone like BADBADNOTGOOD who are definitely in Europe that weekend.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Okay gang how easy do you think it'll be to get tickets for this closer to the time? Is there a resale? If so what are the chances of success. 

I'm starting to think that Rewire, Glastonbury, Primavera Sound, EOTR and Le Guess Who? isn't enough for one year. 

You sign up to fanticks and any resales are dealt with on there directly with the ticket holder.

I managed it in 2019 but it was stressful. That was on twickets though so I don’t know if the system is different/better.  The longer you can leave it, the easier it will be as more will pop up. But like 2, 3 months out only a few were appearing and they were gone in an instant it was properly difficult. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

You sign up to fanticks and any resales are dealt with on there directly with the ticket holder.

I managed it in 2019 but it was stressful. That was on twickets though so I don’t know if the system is different/better.  The longer you can leave it, the easier it will be as more will pop up. But like 2, 3 months out only a few were appearing and they were gone in an instant it was properly difficult. 

Thabks for this. Are there no official resales? 

Also how big is GM? It's substantially bigger than EOTR's 13k capacity right?