Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

1 minute ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Actually now I say that, the last two "proper" GMs have had the Thursday headliner not even in the largest print, though I don't think they advertised four headliners straight away then.

The strange thing is that the email suggests that there are five headliners?

This is very intriguing!  Looking forward to how this all ends up looking.

The important thing for now is that the line up is brilliant and incredibly diverse - I love it! 

3 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

The strange thing is that the email suggests that there are five headliners?

Their social media specifies the four (IG: "Feast those ears on your headliners @kraftwerkofficial, @michaelkiwanuka, @beaccchhoussse & @metronomy"), and the music site news reports do too.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

1 hour ago, evannn said:

Last year was my first GM, but I feel like the mountain stage already went refreshingly late compared to lots of festivals. It’s one festival where you could feasibly have a “double headliner” and both are in the dark?

It doesn’t feel unimaginable that they could do that and have Bicep on after Kraftwerk/Metronomy (those being the two more likely imo)

First timer here, what time did the headliners play last year? Cheers 

35 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Caribou was 11:15pm -12:45am

Mogwai was 11pm - 12:30am

Fontaines was 10:40pm - 11:45pm.

So actually quite late for a UK fest tbh

Cheers - reminds me of how Glasto used to do it! Always something special about headliners coming on that late 

16 minutes ago, Yoss said:

End of the Road is and will remain my festival of choice, it's only this year I'm able to do the double-header the way the dates have worked out.

Looks like it's come out as a good year for it though. Happy with that. Definitely beats EotR at the upper end of the bill.

I’m doing both this year, and as mentioned above GM for the first time. I love EOTR, and GM seems to have very similar vibes, not least a fair portion of the acts! I agree though, GM much stronger top end of the bill this year - likely headliners & subs. 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Caribou was 11:15pm -12:45am

Mogwai was 11pm - 12:30am

Fontaines was 10:40pm - 11:45pm.

So actually quite late for a UK fest tbh

Ah man, that's no good. I'm pushing 50, I'll be tucked up in bed by then.