Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

3 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

It makes a lot more sense than "they're obviously going to play in the headliner slot despite not being named as headliner".

I never said that I said they’d play after a headliner. It happens loads at festivals. Green Man literally do it themselves on Far Out…

Pretty pleased with that line-up. I have seen all the headliners before but they will all be reliably good, and loads to investigate further down the bill. Something I did notice on the web site while having a look at the line-up is that the FAQ is saying that you can't upgrade to a Settler's Pass this year as the Settler's capacity is full. That is a shame, I was hoping to do that if the weather was set fair for the start of the week.

As @the wonderwhy says though, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that they’ve extended the license on the Mountain Stage so that there is a special “after dark” slot on the Mountain Stage this year.  I think Metronomy ended up doing something similar the year Van Morrison headlined but I think very particular circumstances applied in that case.

That’s the ideal hope I think. It just feels unlikely. Wait and see I guess. Off to the playlist for the day anyway 

1 minute ago, lessthanwill1 said:

As @the wonderwhy says though, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that they’ve extended the license on the Mountain Stage so that there is a special “after dark” slot on the Mountain Stage this year.  I think Metronomy ended up doing something similar the year Van Morrison headlined but I think very particular circumstances applied in that case.

Last year was my first GM, but I feel like the mountain stage already went refreshingly late compared to lots of festivals. It’s one festival where you could feasibly have a “double headliner” and both are in the dark?

It doesn’t feel unimaginable that they could do that and have Bicep on after Kraftwerk/Metronomy (those being the two more likely imo)

Just now, lessthanwill1 said:

I think it’s confirmed that Metronomy are Thursday night headliners no? So they’re in the tent. 

Not unless there's something in the press release or they self-confirm (which might be difficult as a lot of bands now use things like Bandsintown to keep up to date with their official site tour dates pages and those tend to list the first date) But I think it's a fair assumption that the fourth named headliner is playing the Thursday.

41 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Ichiko Aoba headlining Walled Garden please!!! 

Saw her recently. Was beautiful.

What's more beautiful is Low playing. I'm absolutely made up about it. Love them so much.

Kraftwerk is great for me. Had tickets to the APE that got cancelled so really happy to finally get to see them.

What have Legss done to annoy festival bookers?!