Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

Beach House seems like a sure thing. Don’t feel remotely confident about the other headliners.

IDLES seem likely but for some reason I don’t see them there but I think that’s because of my own bias against wanting them to be there. Little Simz also a strong possibility but there has never been a hip hop act at GM (as far as I know) so that’s why I’m not convinced. I would not be surprised at all to see Little Dragon re-booked for the Thursday slot. 

2 minutes ago, benali said:

Agree about Idles. 

Not sure previous lack of hip hop on main stages matters with Little Simz. She's firmly crossed into the mainstream now, even if Brit Awards still count her as a new artist ffs.

Totally agree that Little Simz is in the mainstream. She totally fits Green Man’s 6music demographic as well. 

I just have lingering doubts due to lack of any hip hop in the past which means I can’t quite believe it will happen - I hope it does though! 

I think they'll steer away from IDLES purely because they're playing basically everywhere else. I'd like it to be Simz but I fear they've missed the boat on that one with her big Glasto and R&L slots - I feel like she's got her eyes on bigger things. Last year would've been the year, in normal times.

40 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Totally agree that Little Simz is in the mainstream. She totally fits Green Man’s 6music demographic as well. 

I just have lingering doubts due to lack of any hip hop in the past which means I can’t quite believe it will happen - I hope it does though! 

EOTR didn't have a record of it before last year either yet a key reason why we're talking about the possibility of her headlining is how well she went down as sub-head there, although they don't seem to have built on that this year (Greentea Peng is there but more than a dozen names down the first announcement)

Has anyone mentioned Floating Points? Headlined Far Out in 2018, sub-heading Wide Awake (same capacity) below Primal Scream playing Screamadelica.

11 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Has anyone mentioned Floating Points? Headlined Far Out in 2018, sub-heading Wide Awake (same capacity) below Primal Scream playing Screamadelica.

Doesn’t scream Mountain Stage headliner to me. Don’t think he’s big enough. I like him though although seen him too many times now to be excited about seeing him again.

EDIT: Could see him headlining Thursday though, for sure. 

9 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Can tell that you really want Bikini Kill to be on the line up. I hope they're there. I'm looking forward to seeing them at Primavera Sound.

Haha yes.  Dying to see them.  I thought they were nailed on for 2020 so didn’t get a ticket to their London shows and then it was all cancelled.  One of the GM bookers followed them on Twitter shortly before the 2020 announcement which is why I thought they might have been announced then. Their tour dates line up well with GM this year but not totally convinced it will happen.

Edited by lessthanwill1