Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

Agnes Obel (on the original 2020 line up) is in the Netherlands Monday - Wednesday and then Poland on Friday and Saturday of GM week (and also playing in Poland on the Monday and Tuesday after GM). This seems like a tight schedule but leaves Thursday and Sunday as options.   

I could see Cate Le Bon subbing this year.  Nothing to place her at GM yet (I believe she is US based despite being Welsh) but if they're going to get some bigger Welsh acts for their 20th anniversary, she would surely be one of the top names on their list.  The new album is great! 

13 minutes ago, zico martin said:

So am I right in thinking that I can turn up on the Monday and pay extra for a settlers ticket? If so how much would i have to pay and is it feasible/ allowed for me to pitch up the tents on the Monday  and then drive home and come back with the rest of the gang and stuff later in the week?

They've always let people pay extra on the Monday if they want to add on Settlers to their normal ticket. Not sure how much it is.

Don't see why you couldn't set up and come back a few days later, they don't keep tabs on who is coming and going from the site.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 2:37 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

As most of them have already been taken, trying to leave out those we know are in Europe that weekend:

Agnes Obel
The Murder Capital
Penelope Isles
Let's Eat Grandma
Kamaal Williams
Keeley Forsyth
English Teacher
SIPHO
Deathcrash
Panic Shack

Can confirm one correct guess on this list.

I had a conversation with a band after their gig this evening. When I said "I hope they've booked you for Green Man" they went "well, err, um, err" and changed the subject.

10 minutes ago, benali said:

Can confirm one correct guess on this list.

I had a conversation with a band after their gig this evening. When I said "I hope they've booked you for Green Man" they went "well, err, um, err" and changed the subject.

That’ll be deathcrash then, happy days

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OddRon said:

What about The Chemical Brothers? Playing the Saturday at All Points East, would fit the same sort of thing as caribou or four tet perhaps? 

Zero chance. They're headlining APE over Kraftwerk, for one thing, and even if they were somehow persuaded GM was their size (bear in mind they headlined Other at the last Glastonbury) and the festival could afford them they'd be the first headliner announced. 

Edited by SweepingTheNation

49 minutes ago, danmarks said:

I genuinely have heard of 4 of those.

Last time i went was War on Drugs, king Gizzard, Fleet foxes, Kevin Morby etc.

Has it got more niche or am i just too old for it now? Like radio 2 will play fjm and fleet foxes. But everything on that list not so much.

Probably my fault tbh.  I’ve been a bit self-indulgent in places!

That said, a large number of those acts have played the festival at one point or another before, and I think for the most part most of those acts are fairly well known and in GM’s wheelhouse.