Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

13 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Keg were fantastic I thought. Stick them on the rising stage please!!  Lounge Society don’t do much for me. 

Seeing Legss and Butch Kassidy at the Windmill soon - hoping both are at Green Man next year as well! 

I really enjoyed Keg too, but The Lounge Society blew me away last night. Way, way better than their set at GM this year and very high up in my all time list. I'd nearly written them off, but glad I gave them another chance! 

I think we're probably going to be at the same Legss gig too. I caught Butch Kassidy earlier in the year at the Windmill and was expecting them to pop up at GM this year, but they fell just short in Rising. I think in a normal year, they'd have still played on the Rising Stage, if it didn't have slightly more established acts than usual. 

6 minutes ago, JHad said:

I really enjoyed Keg too, but The Lounge Society blew me away last night. Way, way better than their set at GM this year and very high up in my all time list. I'd nearly written them off, but glad I gave them another chance! 

I think we're probably going to be at the same Legss gig too. I caught Butch Kassidy earlier in the year at the Windmill and was expecting them to pop up at GM this year, but they fell just short in Rising. I think in a normal year, they'd have still played on the Rising Stage, if it didn't have slightly more established acts than usual. 

I’m glad you enjoyed it!!  I saw lots of people near the front having a great time - including Dan Carey.  You must have been one of them!  

34 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I’m glad you enjoyed it!!  I saw lots of people near the front having a great time - including Dan Carey.  You must have been one of them!  

Haha, yes! I was the tall guy with a mini backpack moshing with Dan and his group😂. He's like a drunk teenager at gigs, but with a ridiculously infectious positive energy. I'm normally on the edge of the rowdy section at gigs, but couldn't resist fully joining in last night.

9 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Self Esteem headlined next year given her audience and trajectory. 

Wouldn't have thought they'd have someone go from headlining Far Out to headlining Mountain in consecutive years with the same set. Also you'd be relying on her to keep that trajectory going for the best part of a year.

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Wouldn't have thought they'd have someone go from headlining Far Out to headlining Mountain in consecutive years with the same set. Also you'd be relying on her to keep that trajectory going for the best part of a year.

Why the same set when there's a new album in between? 

9 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

She played 4 or 5 tracks from it.

Don't expect her to be at GM again so soon but she's definitely on the right trajectory (and fuckin good for her!)

15 hours ago, benali said:

Must just be me that finds Self Esteem a bit meh?

Talk of her headlining seems a bit far fetched to me with the fact the oversees bands will be back.

I've caught her three times at Festivals in recent years. First time was alright - a bit of fun, a novelty. Second was boring and seemed formulaic, the opposite of what the project was supposed to be. Third time, there was nothing else on but I still left after 15 minutes.

Personally, I see her as a pop act suited to Latitude or the like rather than GM / EotR. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Going by this six of the eleven songs she did are on the album: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/self-esteem/2021/glanusk-park-crickhowell-wales-b8c9572.html  But even if she hadn't played anything I 99.9% doubt she'd be back so soon.

2 hours ago, JHad said:

Personally, I see her as a pop act suited to Latitude or the like rather than GM / EotR. 

EOTR had Arlo Parks and Little Simz play this year having been announced for 2020, along with the likes of the NiNE8 Collective and Girl Ray (whose 2019 last album was openly influenced by Ariana Grande, Rihanna and Haim) - and GM for some reason had one of Simz' singles as an IG Story.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

Unfortunately clashing with the exchange programme i'm doing with University next year, so looking to sell my 2 settlers pass tickets. 1 adult and 1 student. Can anyone advise the best way to go about this? Does Green Man have an official resale site? Thanks in advance! x

26 minutes ago, betharm said:

Unfortunately clashing with the exchange programme i'm doing with University next year, so looking to sell my 2 settlers pass tickets. 1 adult and 1 student. Can anyone advise the best way to go about this? Does Green Man have an official resale site? Thanks in advance! x

It's through Fan Ticks for official resale partner: https://www.fanticks.com/event/green-man-2022-festival

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

The Tallest Man On Earth, slowthai [UK], Black Country, New Road [UK], Margo Price [US], Bright Eyes [US] and Anaïs Mitchell [US]

All in Sweden the weekend before. 

Bright Eyes is EOTR-bound and I suspect Anais Mitchell will be too as her two announced UK dates are August 31st and September 1st. Still don't understand why we single out UK acts as if that weekend is the only time they're going to be near the UK.

7 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

The Tallest Man On Earth, slowthai [UK], Black Country, New Road [UK], Margo Price [US], Bright Eyes [US] and Anaïs Mitchell [US]

All in Sweden the weekend before. 

Margo Price would get a big thumbs up from me. Midwest Farmer's Daughter is a sublime album and a few tracks off that would go down a storm.

• 1 month later...